1 (edited by Jelan 2012-01-09 11:39:55)

Topic: Good News!!

So…  I don’t know if anyone else follows the peak user graph as anally as I do, but I tend to check it every day…. Ok, OK! I do check it every day, sometimes twice tongue

Although the EvE exodus was a nice boost to the player base we all knew that they wouldn’t all stay and it would be a bubble that burst eventually and leave us with the players that Perp appealed to.

However, the graph has been steadily growing now for a few weeks, I should have kept hard copies of each day as the average number online has gradually been growing.  Yes I know its not a vertical climb, its only just over horizontal, however the positive news is that the active player base is growing big_smile

I haven’t tried out the new player experience for some time so I don’t know if improving that has encouraged new players to start or the improved missions or Intrusion 2.0 or even CIR leaving has encouraged people to come back (no this isn’t a propaganda thread it’s a positive one!)

I suspect it’s a combination of all of those things improving retention or luring people back

I think what I’m saying is the Dev’s must be doing something right, not Calvin or Alf obviously, but the rest of them must be, so good job!  I’m not saying that we don’t have faith in Alf’s decisions but we do have a fitting section on our forums entitled…

“The graveyard for Alf's dead, abandoned and dying balance decisions"

But as long as the Devs keep talking to us, keep involving us and remove Alfs decision making privileges they’ll continue to grow that loyal fan base, failing that I’ll keep posting in CD until there’s something else to talk about wink

Re: Good News!!

Some actual stats from AC would be interesting.

I'm glad that active player base increasing too, but anyway i'm sure it will be growing very slow before we can build our own settlements.

lol

Serpens wrote:

lol

Like a bad smell, he appears lol.  You still hanging around here, cant quite let go can you, if you put an app into M2S we might consider you, unlikely but you can try you brave little soldier you.

Jelan wrote:
Serpens wrote:

lol

Like a bad smell, he appears lol.  You still hanging around here, cant quite let go can you, if you put an app into M2S we might consider you, unlikely but you can try you brave little soldier you.

LOL Better prey Lolpus to take again CEO of your fail corp! But I don't think he will.
And what about Serpens, if he want he can put app to more successful corps, like MORTE or CHAOS.

Critical  SnipeR wrote:
Jelan wrote:
Serpens wrote:

lol

LOL Better prey Lolpus to take again CEO of your fail corp! But I don't think he will.
And what about Serpens, if he want he can put app to more successful corps, like MORTE or CHAOS.

I nearly pee'd myself with laughter, that was good.  More succesful corps like Morte or Chaos lol

It's a conspiracy, the devs are modifying the active player count graphs to improve over time!

I have been doing Blog posts on mmorpg.com to get more front page surface for perpetuum there. Blog posts show on the front page. So if more people do blog posts the better... smile

I have also been using free Google adword coupons to advertise the game. From time to time Google will give away $100 worth of free adwords.

Trying to lend a hand in getting people to the game.

And now with PPAT, trying to help them stay. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Devs, any chance we could get 7 and 28 days versions of the population graph?

Gremrod you are the man =P

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

12 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2012-01-09 18:45:11)

I could actually model this and forecast the user amounts. However I don't think that may help the game, as people get really crazy about numbers, IE SEE STOCK MARKET DOW. ( No I really can model the user attendance and forecast it )

( Can we csv export the graph? like a csv file that is:

DATETIME , USERAMOUNT
11-22-11 08:99:11, 90

etc

I am going to build a wall around the world.

I shall call it the great wall of nia.

Thinking big!

Lots of new faces in game and on the forums, don't you dare start taking outposts tongue