Topic: In Station/Outpost features

I have never quite understood how you can dock into a sophisticated station or outpost that can molecularity transpose you from outside to inside and back out again but can not provide basic technology options like:

1. Looking outside through a video system.
2. Tuning into other visual aids that are within it's range (I can watch a live feed from Paris France on my Iphone in the US but I have to un-dock from an advanced structure to see what is outside?) hmm

It seems that short ranged visual cameras could be placed around an area and be looked at from within the outpost. (Loved how Tribes 2 had deploy able camera that can be destroyed and redeployed) big_smile

Please do NOT look at this as a request to "walk around" in a terminal because I don't want a SIMS game, but plugging into technology that should already be there seems elementary.

Let the faeces slinging begin!

Re: In Station/Outpost features

I like this idea, I also liked it in steve where the players never got it within 8 years, not even with the walking in a closet stuff.

+1 for giving ownership of a beta outpost more advantages maybe?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

before the first hardcore pvp nerd from eve jumps in:

"this would propagate station games"

was the argument you got for anything that enables you to look who is outside of your indestructible station while your docked. This is the whole reason we got that stuipid molecular instability buff, and the syndicate protection that is removed the moment you do anything like moving or activating a module (i wonder why we can rotate the camera without removing it)

+1 for bringing it up again

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Seems like a destroyable camera would eliminate the station games part. If the camera is operational, you make the game more enjoyable by not having to waste time deploying and redocking. If the camera is destroyed, then you have to undock to put up another one, and undock blindly into whatever.

An excellent compromise between making the game less tedious while keeping it challenging. As well as giving players an additional PVP target (camera) to toy with even if there are no SAPs or players out.

A in-terminal-radar would be already a nice addition and possible SAP point upgrade big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

A in-terminal-radar would be already a nice addition and possible SAP point upgrade big_smile

Like this...how about a destroyable terminal radar that can be seen in terminal just like your bot sees it in the 3d world?

Perhaps it is a stationary item on the terminal that can be taken to 0 health (shut off by intruders) then repped to a usable function once undocking is viable again.  Make either action a pvp flaged event to add to the risk reward of the item.

"Take out the terminal radar"
"It will flag us."
"I am willing to take that chance, kill their eyes!"

I like it!

you know, squads still are connected even when one is docked - FC could operate while still beeing docked wink

Annihilator wrote:

This is all that is needed give it a lightbot detection and have it running beside a landmark overlay in the background of the outpost....

Only problem i see is that I think the outposts are on a different server than the islands.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

This is all that is needed give it a lightbot detection and have it running beside a landmark overlay in the background of the outpost....

Only problem i see is that I think the outposts are on a different server than the islands.

seems doable then.  Would also like to add active intrusion window (on current island only of course) to the in terminal options.

Having to undock to "see" and to have a station tell you it has a SAP up really needs to be eliminated.

Personally I believe adding a view to the outside or camera bots will just lead to people sitting in station and not engaging.....

Deploy camera bot
See one hostile outside station
Send camera (or use radar) to see the other 5 guys 1500m away
Never undock

Deploy camera bot
Send camera bot to scout around outpost
Observe the complete enemy force
Refit in station
Undock in the exact counter to the enemy
People stop roaming near stations as the targets always undock in an exact counter. Quick change to an Ictus! They have Ictus. We need 2 Ictus to counter!

I think adding something that allows you to scout with no risk on beta is bad. There are too many ways that this can be used to avoid combat and that is not what beta is about.

This feature would also force attackers to have detectors fit themselves (or a detector alt) so they could detect the camera bot before they were detected themselves.....

SAP awareness feature-- I like. Make it possible for anyone with the roles to change the station auras to be able to see what SAPs are coming in the next 24hr period for their station. One more thing to encourage people to invest the time into quickly getting an outpost up to a required stability and maintaining it.

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:

Personally I believe adding a view to the outside or camera bots will just lead to people sitting in station and not engaging.....

Deploy camera bot
Never undock

Deploy camera bot
Refit in station
People stop roaming near stations as the targets always undock in an exact counter. Quick change to an Ictus! They have Ictus. We need 2 Ictus to counter!

I think adding something that allows you to scout with no risk on beta is bad. There are too many ways that this can be used to avoid combat and that is not what beta is about.

This feature would also force attackers to have detectors fit themselves (or a detector alt) so they could detect the camera bot before they were detected themselves.....

SAP awareness feature-- I like. Make it possible for anyone with the roles to change the station auras to be able to see what SAPs are coming in the next 24hr period for their station. One more thing to encourage people to invest the time into quickly getting an outpost up to a required stability and maintaining it.

so you think the current undocking with a syndicate and no way of engaging the undocked pilot is a risk?  Please rethink and post accurate scenarios.  Currently; undocking and looking at the enemy is already a feature of 0 risk.  Right now you just undock a detector bot, see the fleet and dock back up to re-ship for counter.  Give the station radar a light bot site range and add in masker reductions as needed to limit what the station can see.

perhaps give an in station radar that can be disabled then remove SOME syndicate timer so there is like 4-5 second delay from protection to ability to redock?  This way there is risk for undocking to just look around.  If your in station radar is damaged, you take the risk to undock and repair the module.

Takeo Prime wrote:
Scyylla wrote:

Deploy camera bot
Never undock

Deploy camera bot
Refit in station

so you think the current undocking with a syndicate and no way of engaging the undocked pilot is a risk?  Please rethink and post accurate scenarios.  Currently; undocking and looking at the enemy is already a feature of 0 risk.  Right now you just undock a detector bot, see the fleet and dock back up to re-ship for counter.  Give the station radar a light bot site range and add in masker reductions as needed to limit what the station can see.

perhaps give an in station radar that can be disabled then remove SOME syndicate timer so there is like 4-5 second delay from protection to ability to redock?  This way there is risk for undocking to just look around.  If your in station radar is damaged, you take the risk to undock and repair the module.

Undocking and using that detector bot causes you to lose protection and makes you a viable target. Detector dies when the attacker acting as bait kills it....

Remote cameras make baiting your enemy into attacking useless.

Both the examples in my first post were accurate and realistic.

There is always a fool that will undock and flag up without realizing it is a trap. Adding the ability to scout without risking a bot further reduces the available pool of fools.......

Now on the flip side if you want to limit it to a radar only function with a range of say 800m and with a cost of 100 mil NIC that once deployed cannot be repaired and must be repurchased if destroyed, then I say go for it....

Inappropriate signature.