Re: Resource dispersion on beta-1 island

That does not mean you want to chase everyone away from it so that nobody lives on it. Then there's very little to do in this game.

Shaedys wrote:

That does not mean you want to chase everyone away from it so that nobody lives on it. Then there's very little to do in this game.

And living on beta still isn't one of those.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

+1 random ore spawn
Make Titan Alpha 1 island only ,swap the Teleporters so that you must travel threw a Beta 1 to get to a beta 2, Make each faction island Alphas only have one of the big 3 Sterm/imment/Liquiz Betas will have all - titan

Numiqol islands get liquiz
Thelodical get imment
Pellistal get sterm
A1 Tp system stays the same - the beta access
A2 TPs get TP from 2 A1 and 2 B1 islands
B1 get a B1 ring TPs and the A2 TP and 2-3 TPs to the adjoining B2
B2 only access from B1

B2
               B1
               A2
B2 B1 A2 A1s A2 B1 B2

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

imo the beta islands need more diversity not more uniformity.

But random ore fields = win.

I understand why random ore fields could be useful to the defender of an island but don't you think it would suck trying to find an ore and searching for 20 mins before actually mining it?  With 20 active people online I understand that your window of uninterupted mining could  be hours upon hours but what does this do for you if the population jumps back up to 500?  Spend precious Beta time finding an ore is going to be hard pressed if your getting roamed every hour.  Your going to have little time to do anything.

you totally missed my first post here...
are you searching 20minutes for an artifact? you must be doing something wrong

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm talking directly to Obi about random ores and how I don't want to see them.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Lobo wrote:

B2
               B1
               A2
B2 B1 A2 A1s A2 B1 B2

This would work if there were a lot of TP's from A2 to B1 or B1 to B2. Where it wouldn't work is if there were only 2 or 3 TP's.

Meaning you could put a squad on all of B1 TP's and by extension protect B2. Or Squads on B1 side of B2 TP's to prevent access to the Island.

This layout would make B2's 100% more defensable then B1 and almost require that B1 and B2 are owned by the same alliance/corp, since B1 could cut off B2's access to the rest of the world if they were not allied or the same corp.

With 6 or more TP's between though, that would be very difficult without a force large enough to control both Islands effciently anyway; meaning being able to hold B1 and B2 in the current arrangement.

32 (edited by Annihilator 2012-01-04 01:29:09)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7365/isl … ctions.jpg

issue with that map is - i didnt bother with placing the teleporters, as the amount connections would create just to many teleporters.

personally i wouldn't group them in a manner that would allow teleporting from alpha to beta2 without leaving syndicate protection.

a note: the map shouldn't be seen as "how the islands are placed on the planet" but only how they are connected with each other, since i doubt you would see the desert like climatic zone on thelodica islands so close to the thundra like nuimqol islands.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Yep. With TP's connecting all B2's and B1's that makes much more sense. And if the same alliance/corp owned both islands, they would still have to guard/scout (6) external TP's; or (4) if they only controlled the B2.

with all the tech in the future, with fusion power, floating robots and all that fancy stuff... i would expect humans to be able to build a VTOL dropship on NIA... or an Noah Unit Cannon big_smile

Love it but I honestly don't think that the B2 -> B2 should be possible perhaps a 2 B1 -> a B2 like in yours Hokk should reach maybe all 3 kent, Nova and Bale make the B1 be the stepping stones to get to B2 not that I can just run a circuit of B2.

Agra wrote:

This would work if there were a lot of TP's from A2 to B1 or B1 to B2. Where it wouldn't work is if there were only 2 or 3 TP's.
Meaning you could put a squad on all of B1 TP's and by extension protect B2. Or Squads on B1 side of B2 TP's to prevent access to the Island.

True but as is 5 TPs on a B1 and only 4 on a B2. B2 can be locked down fairly easy, even more most of the islands have an internal very close to the extrnal having a combat alt on the internal is a good deterant to anyone looking to come roam you after they pushed off the scouted external they meet resistance very fast.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:

True but as is 5 TPs on a B1 and only 4 on a B2. B2 can be locked down fairly easy, even more most of the islands have an internal very close to the extrnal having a combat alt on the internal is a good deterant to anyone looking to come roam you after they pushed off the scouted external they meet resistance very fast.

Anni addressed the real concern I had with the original setup, where it appeared that B2 was only reachable from B1. Because as you point out, securing 4 or even 5 TP's isn't that difficult for a resonably sized corp/alliance, which would allow them to control SAP access to both islands for the price of one.

It sounds much more entertaining to scout external TP's and then respond through the internal TP's then to gate camp the externals. Its hard to gate camp (5) external TP's though, and the amount of wasted time and manpower to do so could be corp-breakingly borning.

With the current low pop though, gate camps aren't an issue, and also because of the multiple entry points to any island, they aren't likely to be a huge factor unless corps/alliances get very large. By that time, there will hopefully be larger Islands that can more reasonably have 10+ external TP's to deter it.

Side note: Gate camps mean different things to differnet people probably, I'm using it here to mean a dedicated fighting force and not a delaying force.