Topic: Logical conclusions.

Hi all!

Topic is old. This is already discussed. etc. Yes, I know.
What do I want? I want to draw your attention to some details.

Let's look at our robot. First, we will look at it without equipment. Then install all equipment ... What has changed?
1) The robot has become more functional.
2) The robot is visibly larger.
The obvious conclusion - the more the equipment is installed on the robot, the greater must be its signature.

Next. Set the shield on the robot; Undocking; Activate shield. What do we see?
The shield works as a protective dome (field not closely adjacent to the signature). Moreover shield covers the robot completely (with all modules).
The natural conclusion - Working shield should depend on the signature of the robot. And it depends.

Excellent. Will continue.
At the robots can establish small and medium-sized modules modules. If the average chameleon equip medium neutralizer, the visual size will be doubled.
Conclusion - Medium modules should greatly affect the size of the robot.

Now let's talk about evasive modules. The description says:
When applied, the evasive module can adjust the position of the armor plates on the robotic chassis in order to deflect some of the incoming damage. The result is a slightly reduced surface hit size.
What does this mean? adjusting armor of small robots is much easier than heavy? Is absurd.
The using of evasive modules reduces the size of small robots at 40% and 10% at heavy?
The obvious conclusion - evasive modules should influence at the %, not the absolute value of the reduction.

Let's go back to the shields. Let me remind you that the shield covers absolutely all of the modules. Exist the concept of "overall dimension". The concept of "overall dimension" is different from the concept of "size". From same pieces of metal, we can create two different items - a long antenna and (for example) a wheel. Try to cover with dome these two items. Dome around the antenna will be much large (guaranteed). What does this mean?
You can reduce the size of the robot, but the overall dimensions - hardly. A robots can not reduce their length and heigh by 40%. 3-5% - maybe.

For what it's been said?
In any case, with any adjustment of armor plates, around the robot will be quite a large dome of shield.

Now on to the dispersion of hits and blast radius of rockets:
When I shoot the small target, I can miss. But what happens when there are objective covers the dome. This dome is larger than the robot.
The obvious conclusion: Even if I did not get to the target, (possible) I'll get on shield. If I get the shield, enemy spend energy to absorb.

The overall conclusion:
I think the trojar-nerf was like unnecessary "crutch". Obviously, the system of signatures and shields were not perfect. Now "optimized" the work of only one kind of robots. But required balance the whole concept.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Logical conclusions.

1°-Requires Specific Harderner Damage From The Start...
2°-Shield Hardeners Should Be Active.
3°-If Devs Dont Change This We Will See All Mechs With Shield Soon.

Hunter makes  a good point and a lot of sense. +1

RIP PERPETUUM

the intresting thing is that this comes from the most shield users... the more i have to give hunter credit for it.

but i have to agree in general. the shield mechanik needs a general overhaul. dont has to be the way hunter showed. but something must be done.

so
+1

5 (edited by Gremrod 2011-12-19 18:02:18)

I have to agree that something needs to be changed. But does that mean the currently viable tank mechanic in the game needs to change or do the devs need to make another tank viable in game. i.e. make a armor tank maybe?

This way the shield tank gets a challenge from another tank type. To me this would more more interesting to see on the battlefield. Two different tank types makes more since rather then a current shield tank change again.

Give us two tank styles to choose from.....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

I have to agree that something needs to be changed. But does that mean the currently viable tank mechanic in the game needs to change or do the devs need to make another tank viable in game. i.e. make a armor tank maybe?

This way the shield tank gets a challenge from another tank type. To me this would more more interesting to see on the battlefield. Two different tank types makes more since rather then a current shield tank change again.

Give us two tank styles to choose from.....

+1
I want more than one fit-setup for tanking. For example "ECM-tank", which can evade from locking.

Why the crybabies wins?

Multiple tank styles sounds like a good concept, as long as there is an "effective" counter.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

I always complained about visibility of hit size. I mean, if trojar fits evasive, it should looks smaller.
Same about shields: if shield depends of hitsize,then it display size should be adjusted to robot size. And i can tell you more: according to current display of shield - hitsize of shielded robots should be very big but its not.
Also current calculation: hitsize and shield radius is very very funny and unlogical, according to geometry.
But overall, balance was made very very good, according to numbers.
So, solutions:
Change balance according to display.
Change display according to balance.
Don't touch anything, what not so fun(

9 (edited by Annihilator 2011-12-20 13:02:01)

i want more options to fight and fit.

afaik, shieldfits are the only ones that can survive until reinforcements arrive. Armor-Tank builds cannot. They can survive a few volleys, but usually they are immonbile practice targets.

Also all EWARs are way to powerfull for a fun, action orientated gameplay. Every form of ewar makes the target unable to do anything:
Demob + random secondary ewar (ecm/supressor/neut) = your dead.

back to shield - i know that the game is not 1 vs. 1, but there is the issue:

a fight between single shield tank and single armor tank should result in either one winning by lucky shot or a draw with both surviving unharmed. 
A tank should not have the DPS to kill another tank. Shield tanks can win here by default because they can equip stuff that instantly "heals" them: "Drainer" or "Injector". There are no countparts for the armor tanking guys.

I see the biggest flaw of perpetuum in those accumulator mechanics. (both the accumulator itself and the 1:1 link to shield integrity)

About the Hitsize:
any1 ever noticed that "hitsize" has "meter" as definition? its an artifical number on its own. Logically it should be "m²". Also bots of the same class would have different hitsizes just from their physical body and depending on the viewing angle.

take the gropho vs. seth:  humanoid vs. turkey

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

A tank should not have the DPS to kill another tank. Shield tanks can win here by default because they can equip stuff that instantly "heals" them: "Drainer" or "Injector". There are no countparts for the armor tanking guys.

If the Sheild and Armor tank have equivalent DPS, the Armor tank will win or it will end in a draw in a 1v1 situation.

The only time DPS is being applied to bots in this type of fight is when the sheilds are down. The armor tank is wasting ammo on the shield, and the sheilded bot can't fire while the sheild is up.

So, during that small window while the sheild is down (being 1-1 again) the armor tank will land damage on the unsheilded bot. The sheilded bot is going to have little armor while the armor tank is be definition going to have a significant amount of armor.

When the shield goes back up, the armor tank will simpy repair what small % of damage was done, while the sheild bot won't have a repper fit. So by attrition, the sheild tank will eventually be whittled down every time it tries to attack.

Of course, this doesn't take into account any Neuting for either scenerio. But assuming in they both have neuts fit, the same thing applies. The shield tank is going to try to empty out the armor tanks reactor, so they have no acc to DPS them with the sheild down. The counter is to simply let the sheilded bot neut, and macro your injector to spacebar, so you get the acc right before your alpha strike. So again, the armor bot has the advantage.

The last thing not taken into account, is the type of weapons. If the sheild bot is missle based and the armor tank is turret, then yes the shielded tank can get LOS and fire without fear of retaliation. But again, the sheilded bot has to maintain that DPS and they can't Neut while LOS so the armor tank can again just heal up the damage unless they can sustatain the DPS.

Um, well last-last smile Is the player skill. If the armored bot pilot isn't good at PVP, and knowing how to play thier tank, then that has nothing to do with the build.

I'm only saying this about 1v1, not that sheilded bots in general are better or worse than armor tanked bots, but if I had my choice in the 1v1 battle, i'd take the armor tank. Most likely it would end in a draw, as the shielded bot simply wouldn't drop sheilds and we would both wander away.

i allways laugh how Arga talking about pvp, where he never participating

12 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2011-12-20 23:02:42)

Arga wrote:

...Of course, this doesn't take into account any Neuting for either scenerio. But assuming in they both have neuts fit, the same thing applies. The shield tank is going to try to empty out the armor tanks reactor, so they have no acc to DPS them with the sheild down. The counter is to simply let the sheilded bot neut, and macro your injector to spacebar, so you get the acc right before your alpha strike. So again, the armor bot has the advantage.

The last thing not taken into account, is the type of weapons. If the sheild bot is missle based and the armor tank is turret, then yes the shielded tank can get LOS and fire without fear of retaliation. But again, the sheilded bot has to maintain that DPS and they can't Neut while LOS so the armor tank can again just heal up the damage unless they can sustatain the DPS.

Um, well last-last smile Is the player skill. If the armored bot pilot isn't good at PVP, and knowing how to play thier tank, then that has nothing to do with the build.

I'm only saying this about 1v1, not that sheilded bots in general are better or worse than armor tanked bots, but if I had my choice in the 1v1 battle, i'd take the armor tank. Most likely it would end in a draw, as the shielded bot simply wouldn't drop sheilds and we would both wander away.

Except you forgot the most important aspect of this scenario - Tyrannos, which has 4 missle slots and can fit 2 neuts, which will be effective regardless of shields being up.  Whereas the Artemis and the Kain, get 4 turret slots and a missle slot and 4 turret and 2 missle slots, respectively.  In order for the Artemis or the Kain to fit neuts, they have to actually drop at least one of their primary weapon systems, reducing it's dps potential.  Whereas the tyrannos can fully fit all it's primary weapon systems AND 2 neuts.  In addition, the AP usage for missle launchers are extremely low in comparison to lasers and EM guns, giving far greater neut potential to the tyrannos, while still allowing for full dps, and shielded, it can sit there with low accum and still turn it's shields on, unlike a repper which uses significantly more AP to activate.  Take a wild guess as to the results here...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

It is incredibly hard though(if not downright impossible) to put anything useful in those 2 misc slots on the tyrranos when you fit something proper in the other slots.

Tyranos is very slow and doesn't do much DPS. It should come as no surprise to anyone that it has other benefits.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Except you forgot the most important aspect of this scenario - Tyrannos, which has 4 missle slots and can fit 2 neuts, which will be effective regardless of shields being up.  Whereas the Artemis and the Kain, get 4 turret slots and a missle slot and 4 turret and 2 missle slots, respectively.  In order for the Artemis or the Kain to fit neuts, they have to actually drop at least one of their primary weapon systems, reducing it's dps potential.  Whereas the tyrannos can fully fit all it's primary weapon systems AND 2 neuts.  In addition, the AP usage for missle launchers are extremely low in comparison to lasers and EM guns, giving far greater neut potential to the tyrannos, while still allowing for full dps, and shielded, it can sit there with low accum and still turn it's shields on, unlike a repper which uses significantly more AP to activate.  Take a wild guess as to the results here...

I was fairly sure I couldn't cover all the possibilities, but it still seems more likely that a tank-tank match (1v1) will end in a draw.

But I agree, with a missle vs turret match, has a much better chance for the shielded missle bot to win; assming the missle bot is also a better pilot.

you know which tank - tank battle ends in a draw? shield tyrannos vs. repair tyrannos... where is the error?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

17 (edited by Hunter 2011-12-21 03:46:08)

Let's talk about tanking? Okay... What kind of tanking we can ideate?
1) Repair tank (cut/nerfed)
2) Resiest tank (cut/not completed yet)
3) Armored tank (cut/not completed yet)
4) Shielded tank (balansed)
5) Electronic tank (not exist)

So, we have only one realization of the tank on the server of 5 possible. Other are worthless now.

2Arga: Go mine titanium on telesis. You can do it well. Forget about "Balancing" forum. This is not yours.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Except you forgot the most important aspect of this scenario - Tyrannos, which has 4 missle slots and can fit 2 neuts, which will be effective regardless of shields being up.

2Lupus: Are you sure that all so easy?..

BTW: Actually topic are not about tanking.

Why the crybabies wins?

That picure is a *** fit tyrannos and 3 t4 w/e hardeners will never fit yes also tryannos is skill intensive to make work and fit

Proto t2 missiles and t2 2x hardeners t2 neut  t2 or t4 med aux insted of the recharger prolly be the way to fit it

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Proto t2 missiles and t2 2x hardeners t2 neut  t2 or t4 med aux insted of the recharger prolly be the way to fit it

yez, fit it)

2 ECCM is one way of "eletronic" tanking
2 med plates - againts demobs
neuting - injectors with AR
Sensor suppresing - 2 SA
I know those tanks are not usable too often, but there is a way to do that smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

21 (edited by Prime 2011-12-21 14:58:53)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

That picure is a *** fit tyrannos and 3 t4 w/e hardeners will never fit yes also tryannos is skill intensive to make work and fit

I don't see any reason to laugh. I'll try your config.
shield t2 too or something else?
also there is 2 slots in head? ECCM+SA?

22 (edited by Sundial 2011-12-21 16:51:18)

But Hunters point: Its impossible to fit high end T4 shield tank (the ones everyone is complaining about) with drainers/neuts at all.

You must make big sacrifices elsewhere in your fitting to fit these modules. I often have to run co processors or even coreactors on tyranos mk2.

EDIT:

And that fit did not even use a medium injector (not saying its bad) but its hardly even a fitting intensive tyranos tank fit.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Hunter wrote:

2Arga: Go mine titanium on telesis. You can do it well. Forget about "Balancing" forum. This is not yours.

If I don't make a solid arguement, then it should be easy enough to counter from someone with so much balancing experience. And I like to get people thinking, instead of just reacting to how they died from player X today and feel some game mechnic is OP because they lost to it.

All your forums belong to me. >:)

Sundial wrote:

But Hunters point: Its impossible to fit high end T4 shield tank (the ones everyone is complaining about) with drainers/neuts at all.

Exactly!

I tried to fit 6 T4 hardeners with a T4 med shield on my gropho mk2 for the lulz. Ok ok i got 0.036 AP/HP, with a T4 evasive. Doing the maths i found the best of the best AP/HP is like 0.03, with commander mods. But even with very good (nearly maxxed) fitting skills in every kind of mods, your really, really limited in what else you fit. Mostly proc is the bottleneck. Maybe a T4 injector, something like that but in no way 5 med drainers. So you got a perfect tank, you can take so much pain but eh, except in very special situations, nobody gives a *** about someone unkillable but that cannot harm in any way the ennemies. They just stop targeting you once they see your harmless. 2 eccm, 3 or 4 hardeners and 5 med drainers is another story, you lose many AP/HP but if you got prey to feed i guess your a pita.  All this untested in real pvp situation obviously. So its just speculations and mental fapping in front of beautiful numbers tongue