1 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2011-12-19 04:16:53)

Topic: Harvester Ammo

Can we have Harvester ammo that is more specific to the plants we harvests, with a benefit of course.

Lets go with a 10% Better yield when you use the specific ammo type needed.

Thanks Bye.

SUPER EDIT:

Same Idea however, the OLD universal Charges make them to be used for all those "other new plants" that will yield other things.  Just a awesome thought I just came up with.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Re: Harvester Ammo

+1 why not we have this for ores we mine but not plants ... makes sense to me smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

the reason why you dont need diffrent harvesting charges is because there is only one type of plant on a tile while there can be multible ores on a tile. so you need diffrent charges cause the miner would not know what mineral to extract. for the harvester it is clear that there is only the plant that stands on the tile. so no problem.

what you do is asking for a general increase in harvesting. i think that the harvesting ammount is ballenced with the rest so i dont see this comming.
on the other hand we can reduce the general harvesting amount by 10% and give you your special charges that gives you the same bonus again...
the only change will be that you have to have your diffrent charges. but no more gain. so the whine will be great again.

think of the big picture. not just what you want more.
the system is ballenced as it is. no harvesting bonus needed i think.

sorry but thats a

agree with syrissa here.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yep me too no need for this -1

RIP PERPETUUM

I think is better something to control the minimum units left in plant to not kill them.

Eng Daniel wrote:

I think is better something to control the minimum units left in plant to not kill them.

Thats called paying attention.....

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:
Eng Daniel wrote:

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Gimme heat IX helio charges. 1km harvesting range.

Because the voices told me to do it.

Eng Daniel wrote:

that is indeed worth a new charge.. or maybe a change in game mechanic in general would be nice here.
for example that the harvesters shut down at 1 unit left. and only if you activate it at one unit left that then you can willingly destroy the plant.

Scyylla wrote:
Eng Daniel wrote:

thats called spare time harvester comment.

with maxed harvesting extension and nexus support - your already occupied with moving your helio into fieldcontainer faster then your cargo fills, locking the next plant becaues the one you have locked atm is empty in 60s max.

im not at maxed extension yet, and already harvesting 14U helio / min with t1 harvester...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Scyylla wrote:
Eng Daniel wrote:

thats called spare time harvester comment.

with maxed harvesting extension and nexus support - your already occupied with moving your helio into fieldcontainer faster then your cargo fills, locking the next plant becaues the one you have locked atm is empty in 60s max.

im not at maxed extension yet, and already harvesting 14U helio / min with t1 harvester...

Actually Anni I harvest quite frequently. I have no issue dragging and dropping in a can.....

If it takes someone more then 2 seconds to drag and drop their cargo then perhaps it is time they stop using their foot to control the mouse..............

Inappropriate signature.

So I thought I would bring this thread alive.

I went looking to see if something had been suggested about this and looks like it came up. I was thinking where in the interface you could just set what one wanted your min plant count to be. Granted it would probably be either 0 or 1. But it would be nice. Even thought I am careful it seems like I still kill off Noralgis plants on accident. If I could set a min amount for when I am doing those it would be very helpful.

Sincerely,

Bluesparrow

yes beeing able to say the harvester that he should not kill the plants and let one cycle in it would indeen make hrvesting (especially noralgis) way less a pain in the ***.

Make plants not to die unless shot at.

RIP PERPETUUM

This sounds like easy mode. Harvesting is in good shape.

What is so bad about Easy Mode?

when i look at prices for raw materials then natural growing plants bring around 1/3 of the nic of alpha ores per hour. so even without easy mode you dont realy get paied well for harvesting, and is no reliable source of income. that might be because the low requirements of natural growing plants. so doing it for that might be not worth your ep and time. mining is doning the job quite better.

now the only remaiming aspect is noralgis. and there is realy is a pain. you have to buy your plants, you have to cultivate them (normaly only at a save place (usualy a gamma base that costed a bit of money as well), and now you have to watch your harveters all the time. no other gathering method has this. mining just works and just stops when the tile is done. its not that the entire field gets vaporated if you extract too much from one tile...
epriton and all other liquids is even more easy mode. just suck on one time till field is gone.

so i wouldnt mind getting a bit more easy mode for a already underpriced profession.