Topic: Setting your homebase

You recently changed the possibility to set your homebase to be on on every terminal/outpost on the alpha islands (was main terminals only before).

I would like to be able to also select the beta outpost that your corporation is the owner of because it would just make sense, right?

Are there any contra´s I disregarded thinking about it?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

2 (edited by Baglodush Kemory 2011-12-16 13:42:47)

Re: Setting your homebase

Not so good Idear.

Set your Beta Base as home. Sit in an arkhe on Alpha and go to a nasty span of NPC and you are on Beta.

No risk there.

Baglodush Kemory wrote:

Not so good Idear.

Set your Beta Base as home. Sit in an arkhe on Alpha and go to a nasty span of NPC and you are on Beta.

No risk there.

The opposite is true too Bag.

Suicide on Beta and get to alpha. No risk travel back.

Inappropriate signature.

Sid from mining wrote:

You recently changed the possibility to set your homebase to be on on every terminal/outpost on the alpha islands (was main terminals only before).

I would like to be able to also select the beta outpost that your corporation is the owner of because it would just make sense, right?

Are there any contra´s I disregarded thinking about it?

AFAIK you have to be IN your outpost to set it as homebase for the reasons given by the other two.
Enabling alpha terminals as homebase without beeing there was left in for the case when your ganked and locked into an outpost because it could end with you beeing locked into that outpost forever. (whenever you get shot on your way out, your respawning in same outpost again...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Exactly, being able to remotely set your homebase, which is how it was before they patched it months ago, you could quick travel between alpha and beta with arkhe suicide. It was a way to quickly recall troops from alpha, but more important, it meant you didn't have to go through the TPs, which were camped.

Devs have been promising us spark teleportation for awhile now, which will do basically the same thing.

Bring the sparks inn!