Topic: Computer shutting down while playign Perpetuum.

Its odd but my computer shuts down randomly while playing this game. At 1st I wa sonly running 1 account and it did it 2 times my first day playing, once my first time trying to log in, and another 2 times today. Now im running 2 accounts today and it doesnt make it happen more often, just the same.

Is it a setting or something? Maybe my HD is going? But it doesnt happen in other games, just this one..

Anyone have this happening too or have any helpful insight?

Re: Computer shutting down while playign Perpetuum.

One possible reason could be an insufficient PSU, which cannot supply enough power when badly needed. Do you play other GPU-intensive games?

I had this happening to me for a while and it turned out to be heat related..

My old motherboard had a safety feature that would shut the computer down when the motherboard (specifically the CPU) got too hot..

So maybe run the game in window mode with a CPU temp program running to see how hot your CPU is getting..   Open the case and blow out the dust bunnies too smile

GPU temp can also be an issue so check that too..

Hpe this helps..

i've got the same problem first days - strating the game, playing a little, computer going to shutdown. i've found it all was because my videocard overheated so i thought it's not enough for this game (it's not new actually). so i've set al the possible settings ingame and in CCC to low values and played with opened window. it helps but little. then once i decided to look whats going on with my videocard...and found a GODDAMN LOT of dust blocking ventilation system big_smile. after cleaning up everything seems to work fine.