1 (edited by Eng Daniel 2011-12-09 11:43:01)

Topic: Football and SAP

This is just an idea that catch me.

Is about mixing SAP and football. There are many questions about the easy of conquer the SAP.

Maybe add some fun by placing the ball (SAP) and a fixed goal. The players have to shoot the ball to drive it to the goal, the ball roll over the oposite side of shoot.

Can be more or less complex, like, there is infinite time and the ball have a shield, like the bots, and after depleted the shield the ball is destroyed. The ammount of shield can be calculated with damage taken before.

2 (edited by Celebro 2011-12-09 11:56:09)

Re: Football and SAP

Good to have ideas but, sorry mate no and no. You really want players to play football in a mech game with guns?

People who like football would go and play FIFA 2012 like I do sometimes. Then come back here after a few matches smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Fun topic. :-D

huttball any one ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

5 (edited by Karism 2011-12-09 13:52:50)

Hmm... closest thing i can think to this would be a Sap that moves from point A to point B, and needs a supply of energy via energy transfers to fill its "accumulator", with this above 50% the sap would move at max speed, say 40-50kph, the defenders or enemy could hinder this by using neuts/drains/damage on the sap.

Also without energy in the accumulator, it would have no shield, and be vunerable to destruction, and move back slowly, give it 10-15K armor and 50% resist or something, at which point a new sap spawns at point A, maybe give it a cooldown of 1 minute or so.

The only difficult part i can see is deciding who gets credit/ownership.

Maybe some win conditions could be like.

Corp A get the Sap 60% of the way Corp B get it the other 40%, corp A wins,

Corp A gets the sap 60% of the way, Corp B wait until the sap is back at 30% and take it the 70% of the way, corp B wins.

or

Whoever gets the Sap to Point B and "Activates" it, wins.

(Only just come up with this while reading this topic, so its probably not perfect)

Overall, i would definatly like to see some more varied and interesting SAP types in the future.

Anyone who has played games like TF2 or Global Agenda know the kind of gametype this resembles, but usually they work with a fixed attacker/defender.

I'm still smiling to the thought of Nova bringing their forces down to Alsbale...to play mechsoccer. lol :-)

fuuu

Eng Daniel wrote:

Is about mixing SAP and football. There are many questions about the easy of conquer the SAP.

Maybe add some fun by placing the ball (SAP) and a fixed goal. The players have to shoot the ball to drive it to the goal, the ball roll over the oposite side of shoot.

Can be more or less complex, like, there is infinite time and the ball have a shield, like the bots, and after depleted the shield the ball is destroyed. The ammount of shield can be calculated with damage taken before.

Close topic... Lack of content....:lol:

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:

fuuu

Eng Daniel wrote:

Close topic... Lack of content....:lol:

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.