1 (edited by Dizi 2010-11-30 23:33:03)

Topic: factory/prototype/rev.eng cancelation, how it works?

If I change mind and deside to cancel a process:

1. building batch of things on a factory
2. making CT from item & decoder
3. creation of prototype

Will I get instantly all 100% of reagents including cash back?
So will loose only time spent and will be able to start it again, without adding anything.

Or no? If no, what will I get?

Also, in case of factory:

1f. What CT condition will be? same % as at beginning? or?
2f. if I cancel on half way a process, that queued for say 6 items, will I get several of them, and rest as resources, or still 100% resources + cash?

Internal help says nothing about cancelation.

Since things like production and etc. have detailed explanation in help, I hope questions, I'm asking is not part of game "find yourself" and should be explained by devs.

Asking in chat gives different opinions, from "you will get everything back, so it's ok to cancel" to "you will loose everything and get only free production line, maybe with CT".

Re: factory/prototype/rev.eng cancelation, how it works?

Good question.  No idea, but I'd like to know as well.

3 (edited by Dizi 2010-12-01 00:52:32)

Just some more thoughts:

If cancel works here as "rollback in time" and gives everything back, then it "sound cool", from players point of view, but from game balancing point of view I'd say it's too relaxing. Players should carry more responsiblity for their actions. Here they risk only time spent.

As I know in some online games, delayed in time crafting processes, usually gives nothing if canceled or gives partical refund.

From "closer to real life simulation" point of view. Any cash given up front never returned, since money usually got consumed fast :-).

Prototype creation might give back part of resources proportinal to time spent - they've used some resources, trying to build item in question.

Reverse engineering should give nothing or something close to recyling result of item, since they broke the item to parts, while making blueprint.

Factory run, should give nothing for item at witch it stops. Might return resources for next items, and already made items. CT should degradate proportional to items made. Might also require additional cash to support "urgent production halt", as option, and return nothing if not payed.

Buy all above is theory. Since the game have "cancel" button attached to  those actions, I'd like to see clean explanation from devs how it works.

im not sure,
but AFAIK you get back 100% of the materials you put in at any point, and your "penalty" is that your CT degenerates for one cycle.

This may sound like a small penalty, but considering that a 80% CT will degenerate by ~10% per cycle, you have wasted a whole two decoder levels on that CT.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Thats a reply about factory.
BTW any explanation why CT degradate ~10% per cycle if its at 80% ????
I got 64% CT and in one run it degradate a lot, but I thought that its just because for mech prudction it loose % faster then for ammo & modules.

What about Prototype and reverse engineering?

Some fresh rumors says that Prototype creation do not refund resources if canceled.
But thats still rumors.

Any comments from people who know for sure how it works?

CT's degrade A LOT if you remove them from the factory line. They only degrade 1% each run if they stay in the factory.

Hadouken wrote:

CT's degrade A LOT if you remove them from the factory line. They only degrade 1% each run if they stay in the factory.

No. I had 64% CT for Waspish. I've made one run with one item. It lost 8%.

Dizi wrote:
Hadouken wrote:

No. I had 64% CT for Waspish. I've made one run with one item. It lost 8%.

I've only made ammo so far, its all only degraded just 1%, didn't realise that wasn't common across all items.  Thats crazy that the waspish is going down 8%, seems harsh.

They just degrade based on "difficulty/side of made item and decoder used"
As you can surely find around the forum, its simply better to invest ep at making more items per run then xx runs of one item. 

A ct can be used about 3 to 4 times based on your extension mat/cost reduction before you can just drop it in a container for save keeping or trash it.

I don't have numbers  but its Corp rep+extensions+decoder that sets the cost and it seems that "but not sure about at all" the specific item also has a base cost.