Re: Shields/Dmobs

Takeo Prime wrote:

Well it seems that a simple cycle time on a shield would give enough opportunity for an attacker to cause damage to a shielded opponent if he decides to drop his shield to apply any dps....guns, missiles, lasers.

If you drop your shields just have a 15 sec recharge timer before they go back up. I think this gives good strategy to  shield and non-shield fits.

You havn't really explained anywhere why this is actually needed.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

27 (edited by Goffer 2011-12-06 07:34:05)

Resons to change the shield mechanic:

1. You need to macro to fully benefit from shields in offensive setup. While key definition (in Game) might be enough, it encourages Player to violate EULA to get 100% benefit. And if you see player doing regular damage through his own shield without any time shield beeing open you can tell your self what other people give on EULA.

2. Shielded Trojar is atm able to blast 60%-90% of Mechs, a Mech setup to counter this is quite imbalanced for other purpose. A decent fitet Trojar requires no player skills to ubar "normal" fitted Mechs regardless of skill of mech player in 1vs1. For HM I assume, that it is not that inbalancing to equip counter measures but expect that shielded Trojar with good player gets even some HM down in 1vs1.

28 (edited by Sundial 2011-12-06 16:54:30)

Goffer wrote:

Resons to change the shield mechanic:

1. You need to macro to fully benefit from shields in offensive setup. While key definition (in Game) might be enough, it encourages Player to violate EULA to get 100% benefit. And if you see player doing regular damage through his own shield without any time shield beeing open you can tell your self what other people give on EULA.

2. Shielded Trojar is atm able to blast 60%-90% of Mechs, a Mech setup to counter this is quite imbalanced for other purpose. A decent fitet Trojar requires no player skills to ubar "normal" fitted Mechs regardless of skill of mech player in 1vs1. For HM I assume, that it is not that inbalancing to equip counter measures but expect that shielded Trojar with good player gets even some HM down in 1vs1.

Technically binding KEY_DOWN and KEY_UP signals for a certain key is not a macro, its simply using all of the signals generated from your keyboard. And that is all you need to do.

So there is NO need to use a macro.

Heck I can do it near instantly even without that pressing the keys myself.

The decent troiar fit you are talking about is a specific Troiar MK2 fit it had its regeneration nerfed from 50% to 20%. So this has already been addressed by the devs.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.