Re: New devblog: The Big Perpetuum Anniversary Weekend!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes, "The tournament is a 16 team straight elimination ladder", sorry if this wasn't straightforward.

please explain that more detailed...

what is a "ladder"? smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

basically team 1 vs team 2, and whoever wins goes to the next round the losers are out. No second chance, no scoring on rematches just eliminated from the tournament

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

only the semifinalists get a second chance because you need to determine the third place wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Considering that many people can't afford one fully T4 fitted bot, let alone the number required to remain in the tournament, I can see this being another notch in the belt of the VERY FEW large non-Pacific Time Zone player corps.  Particularly the those that have a communal framework.

I know celebration of the one year anniversary is a nice thing but this grand tourny is going to have a very limited field.  Perhaps run something for the mercenary players as well; submit a team of five players for a knock out league?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Well tbh i think AC should start a bi-annual tourny, Make it a big thing. As much as i dont like the thought that this is unbalanced in favor of big corps,  dont see why it should be abandoned just because of that [or nerfed in some way]. Its a chance for the PvP'er to really show there skills and expo one of Perpetuums greatest strengths as a game the freedom of builds and pvp, teamwork.

Obviously I hope that the PVE event match up in "fun" and "interest" to these as not everyone is going to be able to take part or want to to be involved in PvP [anothre great thing about the game].

But also 2nd and 3rd prize ned to be switched around to stop the sandbaging to win 3rd over 2nd.. i mean 2 prize is great an all but 10 mk2 is nothing to the value of 10 p4t's with 10 lv 10 decoders, 1 good p4t and a lv10 decoder could buy all of 2nd prize lol

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Gharl Incognito wrote:

Considering that many people can't afford one fully T4 fitted bot, let alone the number required to remain in the tournament, I can see this being another notch in the belt of the VERY FEW large non-Pacific Time Zone player corps.  Particularly the those that have a communal framework.

I know celebration of the one year anniversary is a nice thing but this grand tourny is going to have a very limited field.  Perhaps run something for the mercenary players as well; submit a team of five players for a knock out league?

dont you guys participate in regular pvp battles vs those t4 users? whats different in this tournament?

you can even participate with a blob: 5 Assaults + 1 ewar vs. heavy mechs!

Annihilator wrote:
Gharl Incognito wrote:

dont you guys participate in regular pvp battles vs those t4 users? whats different in this tournament?

you can even participate with a blob: 5 Assaults + 1 ewar vs. heavy mechs!

Perhaps, but I almost never use a T4 (or even T2) fitted bot in PvP because I cannot afford to replace anything.  I don't want to be a member of a commune corp, mainly because the one I'm in is really cool.  More to the point; I'm talking about the HUGE losses one could expect to take in a tourny of this sort.   For me that's combined with the fact that I'd be really sleepy.

Any info about terrain?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Sounds good but doesn't sound exciting at all.

1 Ictus, 1 Vaga, 1 Mesmer MK2 sounds like the best type of team.
Given that a team of 6 assaults costs the same as the team above and the Ictus can tank that many people, Vagabond can ECM at least half of them and Mesmer can pop them in single volleys it'll be interesting.

I think the most of the teams will be formatted as vaga, zenith and mesmer. It is the best setup. Iktus is for mass-pvp.

1*mk2 light ewars (4 points)
3*mk1 light ewars (9 points)
3*mk1 assault (9 points)
1*mk2 sequer (3 points)
= 25 points, 8 robots

depending on the arena, speed is no real factor, the light ewars could fit ALL slots  (=drainer),
waspish could also fit neut
sequer as nexus buffer shield tank and dummy target

There will be room for running and ranged fights! Teams wont even see eachother from their start position.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

DEV Alf wrote:

There will be room for running and ranged fights! Teams wont even see eachother from their start position.

BLUEPRINT PLEASE!!!

fuuu:fuuu::fuuu::fuuu:

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Gharl Incognito wrote:

Perhaps, but I almost never use a T4 (or even T2) fitted bot in PvP because I cannot afford to replace anything.  I don't want to be a member of a commune corp, mainly because the one I'm in is really cool.  More to the point; I'm talking about the HUGE losses one could expect to take in a tourny of this sort.

Really? Huge losses have you checked KB's lately Corps have lost well more than the 25points in less than an hour and thrown more and more in to the frey... Price and attatchment is devalued when you give in and believe they truely are just pixals.

Ok worst case senario out of the tourney you field a Mk2 heavy first round you lose it, but your team wins. 2nd round same... Third round same ... Now you just won an nice only 1 of possible 10 in the game black special H-mech that more than would make up for the "heavy loss"... Besides every thing in this game is free if you think about it. Missions for ammo, ammo = plasma, plasma = nic, Missions for nic = nic. With nic you can do every thing it just depends on your level of input and dedication to the game. I lost a heavy while farming before fully T4 fitted saved only 4 mods. Before I logged out that night I had farmed back the nic to buy a new one mods included with a mk1 mech.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

We're all gonnna dieeeeee yarr

Lobo wrote:

Really? Huge losses have you checked KB's lately Corps have lost well more than the 25points in less than an hour and thrown more and more in to the frey... Price and attatchment is devalued when you give in and believe they truely are just pixals.

Ok worst case senario out of the tourney you field a Mk2 heavy first round you lose it, but your team wins. 2nd round same... Third round same ... Now you just won an nice only 1 of possible 10 in the game black special H-mech that more than would make up for the "heavy loss"... Besides every thing in this game is free if you think about it. Missions for ammo, ammo = plasma, plasma = nic, Missions for nic = nic. With nic you can do every thing it just depends on your level of input and dedication to the game. I lost a heavy while farming before fully T4 fitted saved only 4 mods. Before I logged out that night I had farmed back the nic to buy a new one mods included with a mk1 mech.

Corps aren't individuals and not all individuals have the time/build/multiple accounts/skill/etc... to rebuild that quickly. 

Consider for a second that I may be using myself as an example for all those people that DO care a whole lot for their hard won/grinded Mech or Heavy Mech(incidently, I've been able to drive one of those for ages and have never been able to afford it) and are loath to risk their Perpetuu fun-bot because the idea of ninja mineing on Beta holds no appeal and they don't have hours to spend grinding plasma out of a spawn.  Now, on one hand the answer to this is 'you're playing a sandbox bucko, deal with it' but on the other hand that's not conducive to customer retention. 

What's that they say about one thousand steps in another mans shoes...

the tournament is a Corp TEAM tournament... so what "individuals" are you talking about?

Especially TOG is listed as the currently biggest corp, i cannot really understand your post? after some calculating, even my corp could participate in that match (4 player!) with mechs or assaults... if we had time to do so.

Annihilator wrote:

the tournament is a Corp TEAM tournament... so what "individuals" are you talking about?

Especially TOG is listed as the currently biggest corp, i cannot really understand your post? after some calculating, even my corp could participate in that match (4 player!) with mechs or assaults... if we had time to do so.

Ok, that 'thousand miles in another mans shoes' bit was a round about way of saying there are plenty of people out there who aren't lucky enough to belong to a big powerful well funded corp.  I wasn't talking about me I just use the first person because for some English is a  second language and abstract is easier to confuse then first person present.

Read what I said again and don't apply it to any singular person, rather consider the people who aren't in a great situation.  Oh and I in no way speak for TOG on the forums

solution would be arkhe battles.... again.

because then even the trial users could participate which cannot afford losing anything.

im happy that the DEVs came up with a nice point system for robots. it probably would have been better to come up for a point system regarding fittings too... but then SOMEONE would start complaining that the EXTENSIONS would make the huge difference.

and after that, someone would start to complain about the PvP experience would be to much deciding factor and LEMON must be given a handicap or noone on the server would have a chance and its unfair!

Some people will complain about simply everything.

Before I joined WAR I played pretty much solo for 4 months and made more than enough nic to afford pretty much anything.  This despite TOG regularly chowing down on my Norgalis fields. big_smile

Its simply a corp v corp tourney, of course this doesnt help individuals. Its not meant to.  But the treasure hunt is more geared to individuals, so do that and enjoy it. Its part of the Devs celebrating a year of game, relax.  And as far as the prizes go, the (adjusted) T4p items will have a minor ripple on the market at best. It wont "ruin" someone's precious market empire in the long run.  By the same token, the recent kernel nerfs have done much more to protect someone's empire, but I dont recall the same player  whining over that.  But I guess everyone only looks after their own interests.  Enjoy and make do with what the Devs, and the game gives you. Some minor tweaks, sure, but the amount of whining on these forums over every little aspect of any announcement is just ridiculous.

I am looking forward to the tourney and the patch smile And of course WAR will win the tourney, biatches! cool

46 (edited by Purgatory 2011-11-27 16:08:37)

Brutux wrote:

Some people will complain about simply everything.

Before I joined WAR I played pretty much solo for 4 months and made more than enough nic to afford pretty much anything.  This despite TOG regularly chowing down on my Norgalis fields. big_smile

Its simply a corp v corp tourney, of course this doesnt help individuals. Its not meant to.  But the treasure hunt is more geared to individuals, so do that and enjoy it. Its part of the Devs celebrating a year of game, relax.  And as far as the prizes go, the (adjusted) T4p items will have a minor ripple on the market at best. It wont "ruin" someone's precious market empire in the long run.  By the same token, the recent kernel nerfs have done much more to protect someone's empire, but I dont recall the same player  whining over that.  But I guess everyone only looks after their own interests.  Enjoy and make do with what the Devs, and the game gives you. Some minor tweaks, sure, but the amount of whining on these forums over every little aspect of any announcement is just ridiculous.

I am looking forward to the tourney and the patch smile And of course WAR will win the tourney, biatches! cool

Kernal nerfs? So giving out easy research from observer kernals and then making observer kernals and industrial golden kernals easily obtainable en masse via beacons was a nerf? Kernals have been more available than ever as of late. They may cost more, but that's not due to a decreased drop rate, but from inflation and demand.

Purgatory your last post perfectly illistrates my point and proves you are completely missing it. When you did your kernel research for your maufacturing kernels were much more in supply. The reduction in drop rate served to make it harder for others to catch up to you, thus extending your market monopoly time. Sure the beacons help with the recent nerf (and as you instantly jump and point this out, of course) but beacons have a much greater effect on corp research than solo players. They still have the kernel nerf as most won't have the dps to complete a beacon.

The point since you missed it is take the good with the bad.  Lengthy and repeated forum complaints about every little thing that might possibly upset your bottom line is not constructive. And no one is forcing you to play ..... If you left I'm sure we can still find whatever products you make from someone else.

The fact that the Devs are doing something for the community with a little bling and some epeen to celebrate the anniversary of this game is enough. Enjoy it.

Whilst its nice that you are doing something for the anniversary, what about those of us that will not be able to be online over the weekend? I am sure I will not be the only player that has prior commitments and can not be online during the event.
Are those players not worthy of some consideration by the dev team ?

The avalanche has started it is too late for the pebbles to vote