Topic: Need build help!

Hey everyone!

I am new to Perpetuum but I really don't want to waste my EP so I am looking for some help. My wife and I are starting to play and have an idea what we want to build but we want to make sure we arnt wasting our points and time.

My wife plans to craft so we have an idea what she is going to be. However I want to play a support role if I can. I only want to play a support role if it is good and helpful in PVP. If I can't play a support role I will play a combat role. If I go combat what is the best weapons for that?

Please help me out guys. I really cant wait to get started!!

Re: Need build help!

Play for a while till you find a play style that suites you then bump the EP into things that will benefit that.

I am guessing that by you wanting a support role your base stats are about equal?

Combat support as in electronic warfare (ECM) or remote armor repairing and perhaps accumulator transfers?

The latter *is* used in PvP but as far as I'm concerned often neglected. So far, a good remote repair bot is the Symbiont (heavy industrial mech) for example. Remote armor repair modules require industrial slots (the one with the screw!). I'm unsure of the usefulness in PvE since the AI got an update.

Bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis.

The commonly accepted wisdom is to focus spec characters attributes based on  a single job, pvp, industry, mining, marketing etc and max out the relevent attributes for that job. 

If however you want to be some waht more flexable and enjoy the game spreading out your attributes will help, download perptuum planner and look at the attributes related to the extensions you will be mostly intersted in. 
If you have allready built your characters and spent any ep DO NOT delete the chars the ep will be lost.
Deciding what extensions you need I would suggest firstly looking at what modules you want to use and aim for the min reqs, or for production manu eff, refining eff etc. 

Support extensions cpu, reactor and accumilator and accumilator recharge time are allways worth while if you mean to use any robots.

Very Basic but realy any thing more comes down to what you want to do exactly and your play style.  Hold off spending EP untill you are absolutly sure of what it is you want to be doing.

Even if you do a support role, you will want to be pure military. Pure industry for crafting. Support means a lot of things in this game, figure out 2 or 3 things that you want to do and focus on those.

Thank you all so much for the help. Can I get some more info on how ECM and remote armor repair work?

Trayes wrote:

Thank you all so much for the help. Can I get some more info on how ECM and remote armor repair work?

Ditto. I am also interested in this form of support.

8 (edited by DeadTwin Mk0 2010-11-21 02:49:08)

Ewar is fun, always room in a roam for a ewar bot. you get to suppress, jam, and neutralize enemies. Dont know much about Dedicated Remote repair but its usually done in a industrial bot and i dont know many who do repairing full time in pvp. but always useful

PS DONT SPEND ALL YOUR EP if you dont know what you like best, you dont need alot of skills to have fun in a certain bot