Topic: Lower cost of light robots

I would like to see the price of light robots reduced substantially. A new Yagel off the market goes for 408k. Granted, that's the generic infinite price, but there's only 1 other for sale atm and it's 404k. No noob who loses their light robot to noob stupidity is getting a new light 'bot anytime soon. This is somewhat discouraging, as you won't be progressing anytime soon. Get used to farming drones in your Arkhe for quite some time.

Drop the price to 150k and give new players the opportunity to get out and explore a bit. This would encourage folks to go out and pvp a bit more, as the cost for a decent mech isn't so damn expensive. This would also make losing your prized 'bot to exploring/taking on more than you can handle not so devastating.

The current prices on light 'bots discourage any risk taking.

I know, I know. The player economy will drive the price down....in a year.

Re: Lower cost of light robots

Wont take a year... I'd give at say 3 months and I bet the price will stabilize at around 250-280k as generic middle-end miners increase yield and factory characters start being able to do max run factory jobs.

As it is, the marginal price of producing a lite bot is still 300K+ IMO.

Also for cheapish PVP, ewar bots is the way to go right now.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

not in a year
as player getting into the mining mechs, and haulers are availiable now, the market will fill with offers soon.

after the last beta-wipe, it took around 3 or 4 weeks until the market was filled with offers for assault bots and even some light ewar bots.
considering that it was just about 1/3 of the current playerbase, that was pretty fast (ok, we had 4 month of EP right of the batch, and masses of cheated NIC)

Aside from teh ep and nic, that was beta and i know a lot of people are putting a lot more effort into pdrduction now the game is live.

As soon as mining mechs are available widley I expect to see the market pick up very quickly.

300k is not all that much and can be done in an arkhe with reletive ease, yes it is a pain if you loose your light bot and do not have the funds / ability to replace it immediatly.  However all it takes is a little planning, work first towards having a backup bot? or a secondary non pve method of earning.

Fact is, light bots cost almost as much as assault bots to make.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.