Re: Shield bonus on a heavy combat mech is dumb.

+10% cycle time +15% damage
So essentially you'll have grophos with like 20s cycle times oneshotting ***.

It'll be great.

Annihilator wrote:

wtf, not again.

whats next?

• the kains turret fallof bonus does not fit with its role as hit and run mech?

• the kain MK2 has an accumulator bonus, which it doesnt need?

• the intakt has not the same bonus as the zenith, while the cammy and vaga do share same bonus?

• the waspish has a missile range bonus that no other green bot has?

• the logistic bots got a resist bonus, while they all just use shields, how useless...

• all industrial heavy mechs do have a prismatic resist bonus, while smalls bots and mechs got a geoscanner (miner) or demob-resist (harvester)

There are logistic bots?

Turret falloff is cool when used with autocannons big_smile. (while the small blues realy need any range they can get).

Most player indus use shields ... but once you are "ganked" by a golden-travel-spawn ... you know how damn hard a indu armor tank can be with highslots used for EW wink.
I had real problems to kill this silver mech beacon spawns as it was close to imposible to get a lock hmm. And when I get a lock my energy was dry like the Sahara lol.

jack, that post was to demonstrate how dumb this topic is.

each of those listed points would need to be changed if robot bonuses would be distributed like the TS wants them.

for example, the blue mechs would profit much more from a demob resist bonus instead of a falloff bonus, to fit in their PLAYER made role of running shotguns...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, the topic isn't as dump as you belive.

Green has allready the lowest DPS. If you now have to trigger the shots, you get longer shot cycles which further lowers the DPS. Including the problem of hits which land in the milli second your shield isn't up.

But as Green pilots want/need to PvE too and both points can be a problem as long as you don't have a remote armor rep in your second acc wink. (And the DEVs shouldn't do the mistake, to designe stuff around bot-second-accs).

There is no need to invent a new bicycle if someone can not ride on existing.

Prime wrote:

There is no need to invent a new bicycle if someone can not ride on existing.

Chaos comments always crack me up.

Purgatory wrote:

Chaos comments always crack me up.

Ye, I always crack up when I hear T4P big_smile

Jack Jombardo wrote:

(And the DEVs shouldn't do the mistake, to designe stuff around bot-second-accs).

The Dev also shouldn't design stuff around not not having second accounts.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

as nice as it woud be to have this resolved and everyone be happy its not going to happen. I have come to accept that i dont like the shield bonus with my playstyle and i will build around it instead. [having a 5.xs cycle time on launchers and 5 on shield is stupid mircomanagement imo] But this isnt going to get changed.

If ALF really thought it needed changing or our input he would of said something by now as its been forever people have complained about this. and the only time things changed weas when the waspish shield bonus became a accumulator recharge bonus instead.

Doesnt that really say something about how useless this who discussion is. we know we dont like it but we are going to have to live with it basically.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

I like it

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Still dumb...

Celebro's body guard

Still is dumb..

RIP PERPETUUM

I like it

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice