Topic: I apreciate all the emails you guys send me

However I cannot justify playing this game until it goes f2p with microtransactions. It is just not a subscription quality game.

2 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-29 22:14:07)

Re: I apreciate all the emails you guys send me

In what way did this personal opinion require the creation of a thread?

This forum is full of opinions.  One more won't hurt it.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Yea, but .... it doesnt DO anything, serves no purpose, beyond it being there :S I didnt say that it shouldnt be stated, rather that there was no reason to do it smile

Interstellar wrote:

However I cannot justify playing this game until it goes f2p with microtransactions. It is just not a subscription quality game.

That will not happen. You know that f2p is not really free, if you want to remain competative?

RIP PERPETUUM

similar comments where made about Eve after its first year and look at it now.

If it should go free to play, or if something changes where you can justify it, then you will have missed out.

Its your loss, is all that can be said.

What makes a game more justifiable to run when it's f2p?  I think at the subscription rate Perpetuum is at, it is either justafiable to play for you or it is not.  For the price of 2 cups of coffee I can play for a month.  If this game was f2p with microtransactions, it is still pretty much the same game, only I am drinking 2 more cups of coffee that month.

8 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-10-30 03:12:33)

But you wouldn't be.

Most people who play F2P use the cash shop - either mintely or extensively, with an overall average of more $/mo going into the game.

F2P also leads to a lack of loyalty to the product.  I was playing a F2P the past couple of months, and can walka way without a backwards glance as I've lost nothing.

Besides, F2P/microtransactions gets annoying for one becuse tomake money the game locks everything that is"cool" ni the cash shop, and for two, 9.95 for 30 days game time *is* a microtransaction in the current F2P price ranges.

When you end up spending ~20USD for a mount, etc... "microtransaction" loses its meaning.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Interstellar wrote:

so i guess we can be happy that there is a sub ? smile

all this i would play if it was f2p but i don't like it now is like those folks that would even eat food they can't stand on an all you can eat buffet until they puke just cuz it's free. not the ppl i want to play with honestly.

this game is well worth the already very cheap sub it has.

Is coffee free at buffets? If it is, I bet they use those paper filters that filter out the oil and most of the taste.  Might as well use a wet napkin from McDonalds.  Nothing tastes better than a fresh cup of pressed coffee in the morning while playing my subscription quality Perpetuum.

And toast.  Don't forget toast with the coffee.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

F2P and microtransactions cant work in a sandbox MMO blah blah blah.. what was that about toast? I'm hungry now you bastards..

Interstellar wrote:

Son you obviously dont get this game & thats ok. Clear your mind & let the truth bring you into the light! open you mind & see the true glory on Nia!

Praise the eternal spark!

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Nians shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

Allow people to play for free, but no ep gain... simple... instant population.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Allow people to play for free, but no ep gain... simple... instant population.

And instant loss of revenue once everyone has their maxed out miners and haulers.
It's a lovely idea but it just wouldn't help the game.
F2P communities feeling lacking in care for each other or the game. If you want casual players then make it a facebook game. If you want a gritty community then keep it subscription based.

While you's gain lots of players with a F2P model you would not achieve the type of game that Perpetuum should be.

16 (edited by Segreto 2011-10-31 15:08:29)

http://play.clubpenguin.com/?oast=DOS_C … 6892926292

Here you go.

Edit:
Dang.  No crap here.  I thought this game was FP2 then I remembered getting some game cards for my daughter to play.  I think you can play without paying, though it is limited.

If you Filter the oil out of coffee beans, you get Coffee-free coffee, which has less taste then toast.

The free to play model is being replaced with the more appropriate Freemium model.

Lets just give everyone EP for nothing, remove all mining/harvesting/industry/artifact scanning/loot drops from ratting and add a cash shop!

Genius, why did I not think of it before!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Lets just give everyone EP for nothing, remove all mining/harvesting/industry/artifact scanning/loot drops from ratting and add a cash shop!

Genius, why did I not think of it before!

Meh, I say make them pay for extra EP

what about half price subscription fees for 1EP/2min or maybe every 3mins? Could add incentive to fully sub once you are hooked.

In any case never free, and the 1ep/min cap must never change for a full subscriber.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

what about half price subscription fees for 1EP/2min or maybe every 3mins? Could add incentive to fully sub once you are hooked.

In any case never free, and the 1ep/min cap must never change for a full subscriber.

Dude.... Just Dude........

This is for you:

http://i.imgur.com/vbEXl.jpg

Inappropriate signature.

22 (edited by Arga 2011-10-31 19:19:42)

No, the Freemium model would be something more like:

Basic Free account 1ep/min - 50,000 EP CAP (includes 20k starting EP), 100M NIC account CAP.

One time card $5 + 20,000 EP to cap, + 10M NIC

Premium account, monthly $9 sub 1ep/min no caps

Note: 30 day subs gain 43,200 EP per month. So $5 is like 15 days of EP, and you save $1 by subbing.

Edit: If your sub expires, that is your new CAPs and you only gain more by resubbing or buying cards.

Scyylla wrote:
Celebro wrote:

This is for you:

Got any better ideas, please share, or just explain why my idea is bad. Maybe we should half EP rate for the troll of the month. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Scyylla wrote:
Celebro wrote:

This is for you:

Got any better ideas, please share, or just explain why my idea is bad. Maybe we should half EP rate for the troll of the month. big_smile

If I have to explain why your idea is bad you are a bit denser then I originally anticipated....... cool

Inappropriate signature.

Arga wrote:

No, the Freemium model would be something more like:

Basic Free account 1ep/min - 50,000 EP CAP (includes 20k starting EP), 100M NIC account CAP.

One time card $5 + 20,000 EP to cap, + 10M NIC

Premium account, monthly $9 sub 1ep/min no caps

Note: 30 day subs gain 43,200 EP per month. So $5 is like 15 days of EP, and you save $1 by subbing.

Edit: If your sub expires, that is your new CAPs and you only gain more by resubbing or buying cards.

Good freemium model Arga, like the idea. Though my idea was not freemium as there are no free users :)

RIP PERPETUUM