Topic: October newsletter

Good looking, informative, highly anticipated and warmly welcomed!

Good job!

Re: October newsletter

Awesome!

well done devs! a smart move indeed smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

4 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-10-30 03:22:55)

Wee, perfect!  But I need submit a QC issue with my email broswer:

http://i.imgur.com/uE6ec.png

hmm

I need to use the "push the no display proper button" sad

But then again im the last person still using an AOL browser soooo wink

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I did not recieve said newsletter. Can devs pls post on front page?
Thx

Well that's because you unsubscribed smile
Go to your account management to fix the problem.

The newsletter is here btw.

Winter: hmm I think that's an easy fix.

I did not get the newsletter. And I am subscribed.

Baglodush Kemory wrote:

I did not get the newsletter. And I am subscribed.

According to our database, you are not. You can enable newsletters in the account management section of the website.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yeh it's just the backdrop of the email page is white, so it is showing light grey type on white.  I'm nitpicking, I know it smile It's great that you guys decided on the newsletter.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

little late but Definitely dig the newsletter

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

DEV Zoom wrote:

so, if you stop 'paying to play' you don't get a newsletter, which I did not. Did you not wan't players to return because you have some nice 'new stuff' to play with?

I only returned because you gave me some free time, and you actually sent me an email invite, then, I found out you have some nice new things to do. smile

seems an opportunity wasted roll

Mr Quinn wrote:

so, if you stop 'paying to play' you don't get a newsletter, which I did not.

That's certainly not the case. Being a paying customer or not has no effect on your newsletter subscription state.

As far as I can see you are subscribed to the newsletter, so you either changed it recently, or the spam monster ate it.

13 (edited by Syndic 2011-11-08 11:37:19)

I think what people are trying to say is, when you're doing a targeted "come resub please!" move like this you should bypass the whole debate "did person X click or unclick to receive newsletter" and just notify everyone that they have 15 free days to try out the game again.

As things are now, you are only really getting potential resubs from people who keep track of the game (small minority). Most MMO players try it, see if they like it, then move on and forget about it. wink

EDIT:

Another interesting point, when you were adding 15 days to accounts the last few times, you added them to subscribed accounts too. This time however, only unsubbed and trial accounts got it?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I thought we were talking about this newsletter, and not the email about the 15 days.

15 (edited by Syndic 2011-11-08 13:42:33)

That's what the newsletter says, you could have sneakily included game-shiny-promo material + "hai guys u got 15 days free plx come try!" message. Marketing and all that ya know. smile

CIR Complaint Form

Maybe I wasn't clear then: there was a newsletter for those who asked for it, and there was a separate email which everyone got (non-active and trial accounts).

Oh yes you're clear, I'm just commenting that from a marketing perspective you could have done "2 for 1" and simply sent the newsletter (which has all the up-to-date OMG UPCOMING SHINY HYPE IT) to everyone with a big shiny "BREAKING NEWS U HAS 15 DAYS FREE TIME!" sign. smile

CIR Complaint Form

Why would be there an unsubscribe newsletter option in that case?

Devs need to release more random plants. Only thing I've seen in recent memory that successfully distracted CIR forum whining. (Trigalv excluded)

I unsubscribe to all newsletters in any service I register for, I still get stuff from every MMO I played whenever they're handing out free biscuits/gametime. Just sayin, even if people don't want the monthly inbox clutter it's still nice to hear that they got free gametime.

I mean look at it like this:

I am OldSubscriber A. You sent me mail that I have 15 days free time. If it doesn't get eaten by antispam and I actually read it, there's probably a 50-50 chance I'll bother to check it out if I'm playing something else atm because at that point all I know about Perp is the things that made me unsub.

But, if it's part of a "special" newsletter thats like a brochure of all the cool super-imba-awesome stuff I can do in Perpetuum (yes I know, invent something, its PR), I'll read about this cool spark thing, or the cool cute arkhe thing, or the cool POS system you're putting in *hint* and then I'll go "WOW I better check it out maybe it got good!".

Someone coming back with "WOW I better check it out maybe it got good!" attitude is a sub-waiting-to-happen because they're actively looking for reasons to sub, rather then just checking it out with a "meh I got time to kill why not" attitude.

CIR Complaint Form