Topic: 2011-10-28 - Old accounts reactivated, trials extended

From the website news:

"To allow old and new players to try our recently implemented features, we have reactivated all expired Perpetuum accounts with 15 days of free game time. Additionally, we have extended all current and previous trial accounts by 15 days.

Come and have a look at distress beacons, the new sparks, and try the extension downgrading feature! This 15 day free game time starts Friday, 2011.10.28, so make sure you log in soon!"

This is also going out via mail to affected accounts, but just in case, tell your old Perpetuum buddies! smile

Re: 2011-10-28 - Old accounts reactivated, trials extended

This sounds good to get old players with expired accounts, to give it another try. But why should activated accounts get the short end of the stick on this one?. After all, we are the ones paying, and we don't get 15days free?

Please give 15 days to all accounts.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro - All other MMOs on the planet do this.  They give free days to past trials/older inactive accounts.  The reason they do this is to try to drum up the population.  I personally would not like 15 more free days because I as a Perpetuum support feel that this game needs all the help it can get so my $9.99 + $0.16 for international charges help keep the developers a float and potentially helps the game.  Asking for 15 free days might save you some $ but it may slow or hinder development.

So In my opinion +1 on this idea and do not extend this to all acounts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Celebro - All other MMOs on the planet do this.  They give free days to past trials/older inactive accounts.  The reason they do this is to try to drum up the population.  I personally would not like 15 more free days because I as a Perpetuum support feel that this game needs all the help it can get so my $9.99 + $0.16 for international charges help keep the developers a float and potentially helps the game.  Asking for 15 free days might save you some $ but it may slow or hinder development.

+1

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Ville wrote:

+1 from me as well!!

Celebro--- If you don't think that the active players will get a benefit from this then you need to go beat your head against a brick wall until you get some common sense or until your out cold on the floor so we don't have to suffer through any more of your terrible posts begging for freebies......

Inappropriate signature.

6 (edited by Juan Valdez 2011-10-28 21:43:45)

You guys missed me or something? Free time right after mine expired? Nice. I guess I'll be accumulating an extra 15 days of EP whiles I wait for the pvp patch.

Anyway toodles, some of this stuff you've added looks pretty neat!

7 (edited by Celebro 2011-10-28 21:59:43)

Scyylla wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1 from me as well!!

Celebro--- If you don't think that the active players will get a benefit from this then you need to go beat your head against a brick wall until you get some common sense or until your out cold on the floor so we don't have to suffer through any more of your terrible posts begging for freebies......

Where did I say there where no benefits to the active players Scyylla?

I support the devs move as a way of trying to get more players into the game that will be good, but paying customers should get the same treatment. Most actives have been paying for a beta game for close to year, give something back!

Edit: And not only inactives are getting 15days for free, active trials too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Scyylla wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1 from me as well!!

Where did I say there where no benefits to the active players Scyylla?

I support the devs move as a way of trying to get more players into the game that will be good, but paying customers should get the same treatment. Most actives have been paying for a beta game for close to year, give something back!

Edit: And not only inactives are getting 15days for free, active trials too.

You numpty..... They are providing the game for your subsciption fees.....

Obviously you are part of the something for nothing/entitlement crowd. Go back to the free cheese line if you want hand outs......

Inappropriate signature.

9 (edited by Gremrod 2011-10-29 03:39:23)

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is also going out via mail to affected accounts, but just in case, tell your old Perpetuum buddies! smile

I would tell one of my old Perp buddies about it. But he is banned forver. wink

But yeah I sent it out as a tweet too.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

+1

Funny. I've been in a gaming slump and have been checking this site on and off for the past few weeks, and now I get my chance to try it out again. Now what the hell do i do with 175,000 EP?

You spend it, baby smile

Industrial Junkie

Amlodhi wrote:

Funny. I've been in a gaming slump and have been checking this site on and off for the past few weeks, and now I get my chance to try it out again. Now what the hell do i do with 175,000 EP?

gimme gimme smile

I want to pay!  Keep the income up to keep the Devs doing a great job!

Nothing free for me please

It would figure this would happen mere days after i resub all 5 accounts.