Topic: Beacon drop rate is too low?

Out of eight level 3 infestations, none gave a beacon. Not even a normal beacon, i shudder to think how many will be needed to get a "star" beacon. 100 level 3 infestations?

Re: Beacon drop rate is too low?

Purgatory wrote:

Out of eight level 3 infestations, none gave a beacon. Not even a normal beacon, i shudder to think how many will be needed to get a "star" beacon. 100 level 3 infestations?

Pulled a low level beacon out of the first level 1 infestation I popped.

Inappropriate signature.

I've opened many on Shinj today and not found a single beacon. A friend then scanned down 1 level 2 infestation and got three beacons.

Observers is where the star beacons are at but again.. Chance based.

4 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-22 02:46:39)

I did about 8 sites, got a level 2 and level 1.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

5 (edited by The Omen 2011-10-22 07:22:50)

I got 3 x Star Alchemist beacons today within an hour smile
68 golden assault kernals later big_smile

The Omen wrote:

Very nice. Seems like they're dropping from elites on alpha 2's.

Got nothing from a couple lvl 1 infestations, but I'm 1/1 on lvl 2 infestations and 1/1 on lvl 3 infestations

The Omen wrote:

oow im jelly! ...... tho i guess it would help if i logged in big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

1 platoon beacon out of 5.  None from level 1's and 1 from 2 3's.

its just a cheap and nasty way to give people more to do.

"What you've done everything in the game and there's not enough players to provide pvp content??...OK, here you go, grind these for 6 months"

The new modules are rubish and the drop rate means that you'll never be able to devise an army based on them.

It does however provide an easy way to farm resourses.. which is great if you actually need resources roll

Farmed for 1 to 2 hours today and got 6 beacons. 3 officer and 3 normal.
2 of the officer beacons escalated.

All of the officer NPC names were broken.
One officer dropped 13 T2+ items.
One officer dropped 1 T2+ item.
Three officers dropped nothing special.

Alexander wrote:

Farmed for 1 to 2 hours today and got 6 beacons. 3 officer and 3 normal.
2 of the officer beacons escalated.

All of the officer NPC names were broken.
One officer dropped 13 T2+ items.
One officer dropped 1 T2+ item.
Three officers dropped nothing special.

No t5 or t6 then?

I heard someone finding a t4+ item, which had similar stats to a t4p (it was tuning, with 1% extra to damage rather than rof over t4).

the next test will be deploying beacons on beta to see if the loot tables are different. NPCs aren't different but perhaps their loot is?

As for T4+ I expect it to be rare. The T2+ stuff I don't expect to be rare but I didn't expect to get so much from a single Lithus.

Officers also are way too easy and are very anti-climatic.

15 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-23 22:52:54)

Alexander wrote:

the next test will be deploying beacons on beta to see if the loot tables are different. NPCs aren't different but perhaps their loot is?

As for T4+ I expect it to be rare. The T2+ stuff I don't expect to be rare but I didn't expect to get so much from a single Lithus.

Officers also are way too easy and are very anti-climatic.

Are they easier or harder than superior observer mechs? Superior observer heavy mechs?

Also what about t5/t6 modules? The devblog said there would be new t5 and t6 modules, but all i've seen is people talk about t2+ etc, whatever that means.

please point out where the blog says t5 and t6?

it says two new tiers..

and t2+ and t4+ are how many new tiers?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

T4 -> T4+ -> T4P

Power-wise.

In short, its fun to do but not worth doing on an organized level to outfit a whole gang. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

19 (edited by Jetblack 2011-10-24 06:19:46)

indeed if u want good T4 loot.. Squid have found u simply take them from CIR cool

Well this all sucks then, i expected these so called commander drops to be on par with something like EVE's commander/officer drops, instead they barely compete with T4 crafted.

Purgatory wrote:

Well this all sucks then, i expected these so called commander drops to be on par with something like EVE's commander/officer drops, instead they barely compete with T4 crafted.

Well they can't be to overpowered; what would be the point of crafting? It'll be interesting to see what the T4+ engineering, ewar and electronics bits are like. 

Does anyone know just how far one of these beacon bacon battles can escalate?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Gharl Incognito wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Well they can't be to overpowered; what would be the point of crafting? It'll be interesting to see what the T4+ engineering, ewar and electronics bits are like. 

Does anyone know just how far one of these beacon bacon battles can escalate?

Currently not very far. The best you can get is a level 3 officer (Whom is the one who drops lovely T4+) but getting one of these beacons isn't the easiest as you need to get an officer 1 to get an officer 2 to get an officer 3 and the drop chance isn't the highest.

Officers aren't a challenge, they're a reward.

I AM NOT A GM™

Purgatory wrote:

This isn't Eve so stop comparing the two!

PVE drops should never be more powerful then craftable items. It removes crafting and industry and replaces it with instance/PVE grinding-for-gear.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

PVE drops should never be more powerful then craftable items. It removes crafting and industry and replaces it with instance/PVE grinding-for-gear.

While I basically agree with this I always did like the Eve solution of really rare and therefore mega expansive officer drops. This gives pure pve guys something to aspire to (fully fit officer raven for grinding lvl4s) but doesn't have an impact on pvp simply because fitting a fully officer fit ship would be *** expensive. Yes it would be more powerful but not to the point where you couldn't be blobbed because of it.

The only caveat here is that they should be really really rare. To the point where someone might dedicate every waking hour to farming for this type of loot yet never actually get one.

And c'mon who here doesn't drool at the thought of rolfstomping some pve dude who spent a year pimping his mech and then jumps into Beta thinking he's gonna show all of them what's up big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.