1 (edited by Naralh 2011-10-21 23:08:01)

Topic: New Tiers Items are not on the market ?

Look like they aren't on the market... as far as i kown all sellable items can be found on the market, even if there are no adverts.

Can someone confirm that ?

Re: New Tiers Items are not on the market ?

Not exactly true, CT's can be traded but are not in the market.

My bad, by tradable i mean that you can sell it on the market...

Then I agree, if its not listed in the market, you can't put it up for sale through the market place.

Unlike CT's, which have too many issues with %'s, the devs can however add them into the market at some point if they want to. Zoom was coy about what they were in the blog post, so maybe they just plan to let us discover them for a week or two before posting them to the market.

Oh if zoom was coy i may be patient ^^

They are deliberately missing from the market smile

great smile thx for the info ^^

Anyone got a ss of these items?

Better than t4?

Got a T2+ Alchemist Chemo Armour today.
Weight 80kg and 5 points better in resists.

so T2+ and the second ? smile

Naralh wrote:

so T2+ and the second ? smile

T4+ if you have luck tongue

big_smile

ooow sounds sexy!

but as always ....... pics or it didnt happen lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

Because noone would want to buy them anyway? lol

"ohai guys one of my guns does 0.02 more dps than the other 5! - I'll sell it to you for 30mil! "

DEV Zoom wrote:

Why? There's absolutely no reason to do that!

The only possible 2 reasons i can think of is that you don't want players to know in advance exactly which modules get higher (than t4) grade items and that you don't want us to know in advance those items' stats. Both of these are completely stupid:

- In a SMALL (in fact even smaller than you or I can imagine and is quite possibly already public) amount of time there will be a third party app listing all new items with all their stats. (unless these modules are not in the game's database in client, but are loaded when discovered or in player's possession, which is highly unlikely). While you probably endorse 3rd party projects, this one will be entirely unnecessary and a waste of some1 else's (not in AC team) coding time.

- Players want to trade ALL items, bestest (yes, "best" upgraded) ones  most as they're the most desirable. If you don't give TRANSPARENT mechanic to do that, people will start spamming forums ( which is already being done), different chat rooms (also) and generally do stuff that we can't foretell. Point here being that YOU as Avatar creations and your game DOES NOT HAVE a big enough player base that there would be any serious need for such market decentralization. Once market decentralization starts, it will start for EVERY ITEM in the game database, not only for the exotic items. Including characters / accounts, followed by stuff we again can't foretell. Keep things simple! You don't need black markets, back markets, second hand markets, flea markets and forum markets in your game (yet).
(another example is (ofc) eve online, where such decentralization occurred : market, contracts, forums, forums2(failheap), chat rooms - it's a *** mess and there was no bloody need for it, they could have kept things simple. After 7 years of contracts existence they realised that (for example) faction ships can just as nicely exist on market as well - prior to that were only traded with contracts. The only reason was that market was region based, while contracts were visible server wide - Perp market IS visible server wide, so no need for another formal game mechanic there either, but this has already passed beyond the scope of my post.)

So in both cases this decision's reasoning will have been made obsolete by players' actions and this makes it very shortsighted and ill thought out. With the number of players this game has - as it still has to grow in its shoes, market is still underused and not fluid - you want to keep things centralized with each and every possible item.

In 6 months you'll probably go scratching your AC collective heads asking yourselves "Why didn't we want these on market again?", it's a failed idea, please remedy it soon(er than in 6 months). It's also VERY EASILY implemented, possibly making just a few clicks in database.

br,
T.

simple:
they are not ther to not spoil the suprise?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

17 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-23 11:28:03)

Annihilator wrote:

simple:
they are not ther to not spoil the suprise?

You probably have no idea how stupid that argument is, but let me spell it out for you:
- psychology 101: - surprise moment ends 15 minutes (even faster than that) after the moment that spawned it.
                           - surprise patch stops being surprise 24 hours after release at latest at which point it becomes just another "can we get items' data in a sorted list please?" missing patch feature.

It also doesn't solve the problem of market related consequences.

But let me give you a proper solution that solves what i'm trying to say and what you're trying to say: Make the new items' entries invisible on the markets UNTIL the moment someone makes a sell order of a given item at which point an entry for that item is made visible. If it happens again that there's no instance of market sell order for a given item, the entry again becomes invisible. - see? nice solution, solves both problems.

EDIT: I apologise, it wasn't stupid. The CIR argument below yours is.

18 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-23 12:02:54)

is the surprise already gone? have you already looted at least one of each types with CIR?

do games like WoW or others present you exactly what you will be able to loot in an expansion? With exact numbers, dropping rates and visuals?

I know, WoW is one of the fail games in the world based on such features...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

19 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-23 15:15:38)

Wouldnt really know about wow smile my examples stem primarily from eve online, which i've played extensively.
EDIT: and yes eve devs let u know what new stuff is coming in patch notes at the latest.

And tbh yes? for me personally , the surprise is gone, i loved it, now I only see grind ahead. I have nothing against more pve grind, especially cool grind ( which this type of addition is), however my sore point wasn't with the grind, it was with the "marketing/trading aspect of new items' implementation".

see, in other games, player complain that any other method of direct trade are taking away the interactionb between player.

here you instantly complain if you cannot put an item on the global market, but have to direct trade it.

Annihilator wrote:

see, in other games, player complain that any other method of direct trade are taking away the interactionb between player.

Not true from my mmo experience, any strong examples? (not just an individual player stating it)

I dont think the issue is that they are not on the market, Direct trading of exotic goods is certainly an acceptable and recognized feature of any sandbox game.

But, by excluding them from the market in this game means does mean that information on said items is unavailable which i'm not yet sure how I feel about. 

Having an 'unknown' element certainly does make the world more interesting, but wide-spread ignorance of available content can also have a damaging effect.

At this point I'm apathetic since the games future is questionable, dwarfing this subjects relevance.

I like that you can't trade T2+ and T4+ on the open market.
You can still trade them directly to people.
It increases the need community wiki.

I AM NOT A GM™

imho, the player market would be better of as "Auction House" and not every item listed there with all parameters.

game would gain much more depth if you had to build up a KB for items, not only for crafting, but for ... knowing them. (wohoo, a use for chassis-scanner?)

Annihilator wrote:

imho, the player market would be better of as "Auction House" and not every item listed there with all parameters.

game would gain much more depth if you had to build up a KB for items, not only for crafting, but for ... knowing them. (wohoo, a use for chassis-scanner?)

There are uses for chassis/cargo scanners already smile... well for us pirates anyway yarr

I personally like how they did not list the new items, adds a good sense of mystery around them which makes acquiring them more interesting, for the time being.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.