Topic: Revert no locking ability on Molecular Protection on TP´s pls.

I would like to suggest to revert the ability to not being able to lock targets on molecular protection, after jumping thru teleports, like it use to be.

It has become a very silly habit of jumping thru Beta teleports and not fear any offense, as it is totaly impossible to lock any targets, after they come out of molecular protection and are back in the vicinity of the teleport. This results, that players just keep jumping back and forward, this can go on for hours, until on party is either tierd, or the server disconnects / crashes on everone. (as happend yesterday again).

The old system was good as it was imo. You have your molecular protection, but within that time your opponent can at least lock you and you have the adrenalin, If you can reach the teleport to jump, before you would go down.

Same if you are on hostile grounds and don´t now what is waiting for you on the otherside. It sort off added a bit to the thrill and suspence when jumping. But nowadays, you can just wait and jump somewhere else, never having to take the consequences of maljudgements by yourself or your fleetcomand.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Revert no locking ability on Molecular Protection on TP´s pls.

+1 teleport jumping is annoying

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-18 17:58:30)

11:52 < [62nd]Sundial> is it "working as intented" that if people reach an
                       internal teleport, they are invincible as long as they
                       are at the keyboard?
11:53 <@DEV|Alf> it is intended
11:54 <@DEV|Alf> but will be changed for the internal teleporters
11:54 <@DEV|Alf> the zone teleporters will remain
11:54 <@DEV|Alf> as they are
11:54 < [62nd]Sundial> sounds good
11:54 < [62nd]Sundial> < has been shamelessly abusing it
11:54 < [62nd]Sundial> >_>
11:54 <@DEV|Alf> me too ^^
11:54 < [62nd]Sundial> i would rather have my bot go pop
11:54 < [62nd]Sundial> than play teleport games smile
11:55 < [62nd]Sundial> so Alf, intrusion 2.0 lockouts will fix the whole
                       "undock/redeploy invincibility games"
11:55 < [62nd]Sundial> and then internals will be fixed as well
11:56 < [62nd]Sundial> mmm
11:56 <@DEV|Alf> but we ultimatly try to make teleport and station camping
                 worthless
11:57 <@DEV|Alf> the inner teleports will be changed to lower the protection
                 time but the instability remains
11:58 <@DEV|Alf> the thing is , you will have station lockdown, and then only
                 the owner can play the game. and if the attackers try to take a
                 sap the defenders have to come out from their bases

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Using internal teleporters on the beta islands is a convience, using externals teleporters is a requirement.

There shouldn't be any protection or flag restrictions on the internal teleporters.

External teleporters having 'no lock' and syndicate protection is fine, at least for the beta islands. Remember that players don't 'own' Islands (or outposts even with I 2.0), the syndicate does, so it would make sense that they provide protection at the entry points.

When POS is implemented and there are Gamma Islands that are solely protected and maintained by players, then those external teleporters should not have syndicate protection timers.

How players choose to play with gate-camping is up to them, but those Islands belong to everyone not just the corporation that happens to own an outpost or have troops sitting on the gate first. Wanting to lock-down an island, and having game mechanics support your ability to lock down an Island (beta) are different.

Ty Sundial for post.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

>.>
<.<

Batphone line was used yarr.....

On a public IRC channel fuuu

But yes, this is good news indeed smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.