Re: Devblogs: Summary

I do not think that because people can't use tanked erp mechs anymore the pop went down, that's an absurd argument i'd expect from someone who plays huttball now. It's likely just content, and well advertising.

Mara Kaid wrote:

I do not think that because people can't use tanked erp mechs anymore the pop went down, that's an absurd argument i'd expect from someone who plays huttball now. It's likely just content, and well advertising.

You could "attempt" to be more constructive and add to the topic. Just sayin.....

Serpens wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

You could "attempt" to be more constructive and add to the topic. Just sayin.....

You could read my last sentence, and think on it instead of pushing quote. But then you'd be playing huttball too.

Serpens wrote:

HUGE islands to build your own kingdom

FTW big_smile

I think that the introduction of POSes would make a huge difference in the game.  Perosnally, I'm just biding my time, waiting for the "expansion" whenever that comes. 

I believe that POSes will be easy to implement, and the actual biggest threat this game has is its own engine, and the problems they are having with introducing bots that are larger than one tile. 

honestly tho, if the Devs are smart theyll put the damn game on Steam, and release POSes.  I gaurantee an influx of players that will _stay_ if they do those two things.

Serpens wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

Damn I is sorry I didnt take that into account, please accept my sincere apologies good sir.

The Bittervets wasn't a planned event, in fact it slowed progress on many features because it uncovered issues with the underlying infrastructure; which is of course a good thing.

I've pointed this out before and everytime people call Doom, AC made a business decision to launch the game, probably for fiscal reasons. Minecraft isn't out of beta yet but people are paying for it which allowed Notch to continue developing it. That wouldn't have worked for Perp, so they launched and are continuing to develop the game.

The Perp game doesn't 'require' the current player base to continue playing. From the most syncial standpoint, we did our job by paying the bills to allow the develpoment to continue. Realistically AC doesn't want to lose the vetern player base, but they simply can't produce content instantly out of thin air, so if we lose interest and leave while they finish the content than we do.

The game was reasonably stable at launch, it was a good decision. It may take 2 years for all the content to be ready for a huge launch, or maybe it will be done this month. Either way when it is ready, and AC makes a big advertising push, they will get players to come. The only thing that's going to kill Perpetuum is if AC chooses (or is fiscally forced) to stop improving it - and with so much already invested I don't see either of those happening for atleast another 12 months.

Arga wrote:

The Perp game doesn't 'require' the current player base to continue playing. From the most syncial standpoint, we did our job by paying the bills to allow the develpoment to continue. Realistically AC doesn't want to lose the vetern player base, but they simply can't produce content instantly out of thin air, so if we lose interest and leave while they finish the content than we do.

I agree with this part regardless, currently the "end-goal" in Perpetuum is to produce enough supplies for your war-pile. Once you believe that is done and there is no point in producing more, might as well not play until the game gets good (read: POS, terraforming, etc). Especially since it really doesn't matter if Player A hasn't logged in since release, and Player B has been online for 5 hours every day - they got the same EP level, only difference is practical game experience. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

A little break never hurt anyone either! Burn out is a very real issue when goals are arbitrary and more difficult than they need to be because of participation.

People exaggerate too much.

That's what I have gotten from this thread.

Imo this game is suffering from lack of Hello Kitty.  What we really need is a hello kitty HMech.

Hmm?

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos … 74-500.jpg

I would pay real dollars to pilot that.

Ville wrote:

I would pay real dollars to pilot that.

Voting now they Rey gets to decide on the corp colours...

This is HILARIOUS.

SEVERAL, and I mean SEVERAL people FORETOLD this would happen....and look its happening.

OH and SEVERAL people told everyone how to avoid exactly what is happening...just those people seemed to be mostly on the opposite side of the "old" evil ones.

ENTER CONSPIRACY THEORY HERE!!!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

41 (edited by Syndic 2011-10-06 10:51:06)

It's almost like everything has been cleverly and masterfully manipulated by a manipulator-per-excellence, slowly pulling strings just enough to produce the required result to achieve the Final Solution... lol

Jokes aside, it is a curse to be always right. Being able to say "told ya" is no consolation at all in this matter. sad

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

42 (edited by Celebro 2011-10-06 16:55:22)

Arga wrote:

The Bittervets wasn't a planned event, in fact it slowed progress on many features because it uncovered issues with the underlying infrastructure; which is of course a good thing.

I've pointed this out before and everytime people call Doom, AC made a business decision to launch the game, probably for fiscal reasons. Minecraft isn't out of beta yet but people are paying for it which allowed Notch to continue developing it. That wouldn't have worked for Perp, so they launched and are continuing to develop the game.

The game was reasonably stable at launch, it was a good decision. It may take 2 years for all the content to be ready for a huge launch, or maybe it will be done this month. Either way when it is ready, and AC makes a big advertising push, they will get players to come. The only thing that's going to kill Perpetuum is if AC chooses (or is fiscally forced) to stop improving it - and with so much already invested I don't see either of those happening for atleast another 12 months.

Good points Arga, I mostly agree. Though I like to say, cynical developers wont make if very far in the long run imho, I hope it doesn't come down to that extent where the can't keep on improving as they have done so far. I think this week game is at it's lowest point ever. We need a good patch tomorrow to keep all our hopes up.

RIP PERPETUUM

Don't expect more than bug fixes for tomorrow's patch.

Maybe a feature will slip in, but it won't be game changing.

November 25th (18th for EA) will be the 1 year mark. I'm sure devs are hoping to have some of the big features done by then. Hopefully they get them done early so they can plan for a big expansion launch with ballons pie and advertising al'a mode!

Still in player time, that's a long way off sad

/game fail

Arga wrote:

November 25th (18th for EA) will be the 1 year mark. I'm sure devs are hoping to have some of the big features done by then.

Looking forward to it too.

Well it seems we will get new NPC AI, something not even mentioned on any blog therefore not on my list. I don't know why I even bother with this. If they keep this up the yellow list could take like...very long, if ever.

RIP PERPETUUM

Serpens wrote:

Also if they implemented a large scale map with LOTS of island or just two HUGE islands to build your own kingdom with POS's this game would take off. Just my opinion.

I'm down for huge islands, but they REALLY need to be low on the NPC count. Some of the current beta islands are so crowded in some places that just about every fight ends up with someone trying to retreat and getting wiped out by an NPC mob. While its funny, its not actually much fun.

Thanks this helped me as a returning player to sum up what has been going on and what the future of this game is.

Great Job!

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

The Shade wrote:

Thanks this helped me as a returning player to sum up what has been going on and what the future of this game is.

Great Job!

Oh thanks! Glad to hear its been of good use to you too smile Welcome back.

RIP PERPETUUM

(1:49:05 PM) GargajCNS: patch on friday
(1:49:49 PM) GargajCNS: (in theory)
(1:50:22 PM) [62nd]Sundial: (tm)
(1:51:28 PM) [CHAOS]Alexadar: With bugfixes? or with new food?
(1:51:54 PM) GargajCNS: always bugfixes
(1:51:56 PM) GargajCNS: and
(1:52:00 PM) GargajCNS: the npc egg thing