Topic: Remote repping

Ok, some figures for a Riveller with 3 rep tunings and 4 rem reps 1 arm rep. ( my skills that haven't changed).

Note t4 for tuning and arm rep, t1 for rem rep.

Pre tuning nerf:

Remote rep 170 hp / sec
Self rep 120 hp / sec
Speed ~ 70.5

Post tuning nerf:

Remote rep 120 hp / sec
Self rep 60 hp / sec
Speed ~ 69.5

Now it should be noted that pre nerf my cap stability meant I could only run at fill repping self or remote for 30s and
post nerf I am cap stable running either type.

So on the remote repping front all seem ok and the remote rep hasn't been hurt too much given I can rep for longer and don't have to worry about cap (seriously less skill required on my part too).

But my riveller has the life expectency of a chocolate fire guard if attacked, I have 3.5k hits, not tank at all, 1 mech will kill me. So effectively this set up is now useless for remote repping due to fragility.

If I fit a shield, which will tank as well as anything out there. My remote rep drops to 60 hp / sec which is similar to
a mechs self rep. So if I were in a mech (much cheaper) I would have dps and still self rep at the rate the remote rep would rep, making the remote repper fairly pointless as dps way exceed rep rates.

Lets face it at 120 hp / sec I only rep as well as a heavy dpses (maybe).

So I ask you, is there any point to remote reppers (other than to rep people such as hvys and ew that have no reppers) other than healing after the battle is over (which could be done with an alt account)?

Re: Remote repping

Gothmog is a dedicated support person so he has the numbers. Just because you don't have the use for heavy specced repair bots that doesn't mean they don't need love or balance.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

Gothmog is a dedicated support person so he has the numbers. Just because you don't have the use for heavy specced repair bots that doesn't mean they don't need love or balance.

But we have several in corp, and they put out a great amount of HP/s.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Did you read my post at all, it's not about what you remote rep, it's about not staying alive for more than 10 secs if you do .... or you can shield tank and get pathetic levels of rep, so you would be better off in a dps.

Reading with understanding helps.

Dedicated players who have been speccing into Remote Repair since release(!) like Gothmog are useless and redundant because of the Armor Repair Tuning nerf.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

6 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-23 17:33:14)

I read the full post, and I have seen a shield fit Symbiont do substantial HP/s post nerf.

Want to shield tank? Give up maxed out repping potential. Want to max out repping? You can't tank well.

How are you any less fragile than the next mechs around you? I don't see how this is unbalanced.

All other bots must make sacrifices for survive ability, why shouldn't you?

never thought about using another remote rep focused robot so they could rep each other? God people sometime you seems so freaking brain dead...

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

I guess it's up for the devs to consider whether they wanted to also nerf "logistics" to the degree Gothmog stated, given the rest of the comments seem to be "suck it up" and not challenging the numbers.

9 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-24 01:47:01)

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I guess it's up for the devs to consider whether they wanted to also nerf "logistics" to the degree Gothmog stated, given the rest of the comments seem to be "suck it up" and not challenging the numbers.

He wants to have both awesome tank and HP/s.

Seems to me like he needs to make a compromise, just like tanks do.