Topic: New NPC spawn...WTF

Lvl1 NPC on beta Oo

Please put back the old style NPC spawn or don't make spawn lvl 1 2 3 NPC on beta island.

Right now it's *** ridiculous.

Re: New NPC spawn...WTF

On Alpha 2 I noticed a few spawns have been replaced too. An old Nuimqol spawn is now a Pelistal spawn of a lower level. If you're on beta you won't be farming anything lower than Rank 3 NPCs.

As patch notes says, every non-mission spawn was replaced to dynamic. Thats pretty good, however, on betas spawns should be a little more harder to be worth farming imho.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

4 (edited by Anivia Tristian 2011-09-23 10:24:04)

Just +1

Npc spot in beta + are just ridiculous.

PS:I do not count relog my accounts in protest, perhaps not renew my subscription ...

I can't believe you did it. What is the purpose to stay in Beta ??? YOu are juste killing the game and get boring player who just want farming..... We are in a beta + and we'have npc spots like in Daoden .... Just wana be sure, are you kidding or make a joke? I really can't believe how you make the game so boring. This final update just kill the beta... and i don't wana play anymore

Great hopes for you DEVS

As long as there are other high level spots to farm kernels, It's a good idea to drop a few low level npc, so the new recruits in Beta corps can help more than just being a loot taker (while still being close to the action).

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

As long as there are other high level spots to farm kernels, It's a good idea to drop a few low level npc, so the new recruits in Beta corps can help more than just being a loot taker (while still being close to the action).

In beta + there isn't assignment NPC spawn, so all the NPC are in random.

No titan, no big NPC spawn ... what's next ?

I didn't took the time to test it in depth but it seems my goldfarmer friend is already depressive with your new system >_<

My point of view after 2/3 hours in alpha2. Tried my usual spawns of t4 HM/M and I had a very bad impression, robot types/ranks unbalanced and too much diversified.

Also I wonder how we can farm a specific kernel type since a single spot can spawn 15 robot types..

I really appreciate the effort put on pve tuning and improvement but it seems the random spawn feature still need some fixing.

why! sparkling ponies, of course!

Different bot types and kernel tiers are good, just maybe limit low border of npc tier on beta somehow. Says, alpha npc - t1-t3, beta npc - t3-t5, something like that. same for elite mobs.

On average, NPC spawns contain the same lvl of NPCs as before (meaning sometimes higher, sometimes lower, depending on luck). If they spawn lower level, they spawn it in much greater numbers, not to mention only on BETA you will be able to get rank 4-5 elites.
All  those who want to farm specific kernel types can find their spawns as well.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

Its amusing how in time of low server population, DEVs find all the possible ways to detract solo PVEers.

DEV Alf wrote:

On average, NPC spawns contain the same lvl of NPCs as before (meaning sometimes higher, sometimes lower, depending on luck)

Well id like some explanation how, starting from a npc spot that spawned only 5 grade npcs, and making it a range between Xgrade/5grade, you will retain the average npc lvl as before??  Its like i had a faked dice that only sent 6, and someone give me a normal one, and tell me if i shoot 10 times, on average i will do the same sum than with 10 faked shoot. Explain please.

You will say my example is working only on highest grade spawns.  Why are we risking our full T4/HM fits, if not for farming the highest grade mobs in the game?  If i want T3 or T4 , i just go to alphas.... no risk same reward it seems for me.  Greater spawning numbers??  Whats the point, i dont care about quantity i need quality.

DEV Alf wrote:

on BETA you will be able to get rank 4-5 elites

Yeah so neat !  I can now risk my uber pve bot to get the chance to kill a mob that gives nothing interesting...

DEV Alf wrote:

All  those who want to farm specific kernel types can find their spawns as well.

What does that mean?

You will be able to find the spawn where your kernels drops, but only 1/5 mobs will drop one? (couple that with 50% drop ratio and you can just do something else and buy your specific kernels on the market, that will be less time consuming and safer (some will think: oh yeah cool so the market is more alive.  Just no. Peoples will sell higher prices, offer will be very low, and finally nobody will buy them.)).

OR

Each specific npc type has still one non dynamic spawn?

If so welcome overcrowding and bad behaviors between players.

Like every solo farmer, i feel like this modification hits a bit too hard my playstyle.  Not sure if ill renew.

Some spawns have been left untouched.

I've testetd new beta spawns about 30-60 min - and they mostly spawn 1-2 tier mobs. Bad luck maybe tho big_smile

DEV Alf wrote:

On average, NPC spawns contain the same lvl of NPCs as before (meaning sometimes higher, sometimes lower, depending on luck). If they spawn lower level, they spawn it in much greater numbers, not to mention only on BETA you will be able to get rank 4-5 elites.

That's not entirely true. There's no longer a way to farm industrial packs. What are newer corps to do if they want to work on the industrial tech tree?

DEV Alf wrote:

not to mention only on BETA you will be able to get rank 4-5 elites.

Not sure if I understand your point correctly but I killed some r5 elite M/HM in alpha yesterday.

On average, NPC spawns contain the same lvl of NPCs as before (meaning sometimes higher, sometimes lower, depending on luck).

Well id like some explanation how, starting from a npc spot that spawned only 5 grade npcs, and making it a range between Xgrade/5grade, you will retain the average npc lvl as before??  Its like i had a faked dice that only sent 6, and someone give me a normal one, and tell me if i shoot 10 times, on average i will do the same sum than with 10 faked shoot. Explain please.

The hungarian mathematic strikes again !!

If they spawn lower level, they spawn it in much greater numbers....

But we don't care about low level NPC, way too easy (lvl 5 are already easy !), no reactor, no stuff, *** kernel

And what to say about the elite ..... make them spawn more often, more difficult

Making all the spawns random was a bad idea imo. When I want to go out and hunt mechs/hm's, I fit accordingly and bring out my mech/hm. Same if I wanted to go grind some of my favorite assault spawns, I'll pull out my assault. Now I have to go up against whatever I'm lucky enough to get? I like that there are random spawns, but making ALL spawns random is ridiculous. The way it was prior to yesterdays patch was all we needed. We had flavor. We could go to static spawns when we wanted something specific, or go to a random and grind for elites. Now we have no choice? I dislike the random spawns because of the meshing between lights/assaults and mechs/hm's. Small bots are annoying as hell to kill in mech+ and trying to grind mech+ in an assault is also frustrating at best. Not to mention kernel farming is pretty much trashed now. Who cares if we get piles of lighter bots to offset them not being larger. Who the hell wants light/assault kernels when they're past reasearching those?

What possessed you guys to take away the variety we had between static and random to completely random? What purpose does it serve? Do you understand how it will effect the research when we cant go for the kernels we need? Do you understand how annoying it is to throw all bot sizes in to one spawn? Do you understand how you took a somewhat decent solo PvE aspect of the game and trampled it in to a '1 size fits all' spawn? Why don't you do that for minerals to? Do you think miners would like it if they had to just randomly pluck resources they dont want?

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

18 (edited by Annihilator 2011-09-23 16:05:20)

please add a spawn of ueber boss npcs, with 50x the hitpoints of a player mech, and 4x the sensor strenght, which has a 100% chance to drop all equip it has (t4 with observer spark ähm, mean kernel)

but keep the size and appearance of the npcs the same as every other one, dont dare to give it a slightly bigger and different colored appearance...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

19 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-23 17:49:40)

As I said a long time ago the idea is nice but the spawns are NOT balanced.
They're better than they used to be but the current spawns compared to older spawns just makes these new random spawns feel boring. The rank varies too much while the fittings don't. At the end of the day if you're farming you want variety not total randomness.

Spawns should:
Have a base level from which they vary from in rank only slightly.
Rank variations should be a little rare with a 20% to be lower and a 10% chance to be higher
Robot variation should be increased so that each time a slot respawns tactics will change keeping PvEing a little more fresh.
Make NPCs smarter so that they can change tactics depending on the current robots on the field.
Make leash ranges dynamic and based on rank so that higher NPCs following you longer.
All spawns should include ewar but it should always be a rank lower and have a rare chance. E.g. 1 in 10 cycles.
Random spawns should have more slots and fewer robots in each group. E.g. 3 slots of up to 2 rather than 2 slots of up to 3.
Elites should have a 1 in 50 cycles chance and be a little more than just 10% more armour. Elites should not be seen 20 times  farming session that only lasts an hour.

Defining the terminology:
Spawn Slot - The number of groups that can be on the field at the same time.
Groups - Consists of the same robot type and can contain many of them (Usually 1 to 3)
Cycles - The number of times a slot has been spawned. Slots only re-spawn when the entire slot is dead.

This is one of those changes that is probably done to support something that is coming soon (tm), and we're trying to suggest fixes for a partially executed enhancement.

It actually sounds like it's balanced just fine.

6 months ago, players were 'easily' farming Beta-1 NPC's, Beta-II islands were added.
Now players can 'easily' farm Beta-II NPC's ... Beta III Islands coming soon?

Arga wrote:

This is one of those changes that is probably done to support something that is coming soon (tm), and we're trying to suggest fixes for a partially executed enhancement.

It actually sounds like it's balanced just fine.

6 months ago, players were 'easily' farming Beta-1 NPC's, Beta-II islands were added.
Now players can 'easily' farm Beta-II NPC's ... Beta III Islands coming soon?

But this is not progression. They made the spawns easy to farm not that the players got better. wink

The players already could farm them before this change, making the spawns easier is in anticiaption of the next level of harder spawns, that's the progression.

Well the part with "same level on average" is not completely true now is it. Example:

Old Spawn: 3x 4th Star Mesmer + 3x 4th Star Kain

Now(at the moment): 3x 1st Star Mesmer +3x 3rd Star Kain

Thats a HUGE difference!! The variance on the spawns should be much smaller to prevent such a sh** spawn. This can't be right!

High level kernels will be a lot tougher to come by...more grinding yay.

the developers test how many people left the game after their  patch  and bet on it? seriously

the good point :selecting our targets  on the radar it s  usefull, n1 upgrade. its not enough to keep and bring people to perpetuum  i think

25 (edited by Trayk 2011-09-23 21:05:34)

This NPC "Nerf" needs to be reversed. My favorite spot atm WAS 1- t3 Ictus, 1-t3 Tyrannos, 1-t3 Gropho and 1-t4 Gropho. It was a great spawn to farm. I was able to make ~4m per hour on it in plasma and goodies. Now the patch, its now spawning more lights and assaults than mech/HM and ranges from Servant to Hero (t1-t4). The tests so far Ive averaged about ~2m per hour in plasma and goodies with the amount of ammo expended remaining about the same.

Nice Nerf. Devs you need to put it back. I LIKED the random spawns and thought they were fun, but I also like some of the dynamic spawns, the way it was before the last patch. Just like the candy bar, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...GIVE US OUR CHOICES BACK!!!!!!

This will make the Kernel grind even more painful. The more I think about this the angrier I get. Its like they want to penalize the newer players even more.  mad