Topic: An active and vibrant player-made economy.

If you want a vibrant player made economy, then you must get EVERY player involved in the economy.  (not just those that make alts or second accounts)

Competition needs to get moving, prices need to come down, markets need to be developed.  Playing the market is a huge side to every MMO and needs to be done right from the outset.

2 slots is not enough, for anyone! it cripples the economy and players ability to play!

Each player needs to be able to set 5 buys orders and 5 sell orders by default.  Now.

Re: An active and vibrant player-made economy.

The market will mature in time. If trading interests you, there is an absolute fortune to be made in so many areas.

I agree with Snowman. 2 is not enough for a mission runner to reliably sell his loot. 5 is good as  a base.

if you want to put up more things on the market, spend a few point in the extension that is raising your limit.

everyone has to do this, unless he started with the economical/political profession (which is obviously the "trader")

its 1 day and 11 hours worth of ep for a full combat agent to get 16 slots - and thats per terminal.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

More buy/sell orders are really cheap to get.

Am I reading the Market right? Example - Small Bullets - People are asking to buy for like 1 NIC yet they are on sale for like 30. What the hell? wink Seems a lot of stuff is pricey..unless I'm reading it wrong.

buy low, sell high. Welcome to economics 101

Hadouken wrote:

More buy/sell orders are really cheap to get.

No doubt.  But when faced with the decision to spend your EP on marketing or being able to shoot faster or whatever.  Most people decide that marketing isnt worth it.  They'd rather save up.

Instinctively players dont realize the power of the market,  however in order to get the economy moving  everyone needs to get involved from day one.

unfortunately I fear that the devs, instinctively dont realize how important this is.  They of course want players to spend their points, or buy a second account for marketing / mining / whatever.

But I urge them to realise that what little benefit they may gain from restricting players default ability to play the market game has a long term damaging effect.

they do sade they do. You got to remember that what we have in place has to last years not weeks. There will be a market soon enough but atm people are just starting to mass produce things and there is not a stable epriton stream coming through. Most of what people are producing is going to their corp. In another month to six weeks the market will have all bots and mechs at reasonable prices and some tech will be out there too. In six months it will be packed very nicely.

Will all the seeds disappear? What happened in beta? I was there but didn't pay attention.