Re: Where is Mechs locking range?

Inda right. Lets do over 9000 lockrange for mechs. QUICKLY!!! big_smile

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

No, just need a little buff and everthing will be ok around locking ranges.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

No, just need a little buff and everthing will be ok around locking ranges.

yep-yep. over 9000 smile

29 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-12 02:00:11)

Howabout we bring heavy mechs locking range more in line with mechs, down to 250.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Howabout we bring heavy mechs locking range more in line with mechs, down to 250.

No 9000..now

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Also need more nerf erp tanks! yarr

You're not thinking that we need to reduce lock range of the assault robots instead of increasing mechs? roll

hmm ... t3 launcher, medium skills, tyrannos ... balistic missiles at 380m, lock range WITH sensor amp 404m ... can shoot further than lock without amp ...

Hunter maybe that an other solution, but heavys after still too much locking range. But the uber Waspish need long locking range, so it is complicated.

Btw Hunter sorry I shouldnt write anything in forums ? Or what? I am pop up an idea and what I see and I write on forums I think that why forum exist. I think what i say most of time not dumb as stick i hope.

(My english still bad sorry)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Hugh Ruka you see the problem, but you can use 2 amplifier, but you can use 2 -3 extender and 2 amplifier dont enough, so just about that need a little bit more locking range. And if you need everytime to fit 2 amplifier is less chance to another fittings. And the Kain s have 3 head slot so for Kains a little bit more harder to fittings. (I am not whining about Kains that need a little bit speed nerf).

Energy to Earth!

36 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-12 16:16:54)

Hugh Ruka wrote:

hmm ... t3 launcher, medium skills, tyrannos ... balistic missiles at 380m, lock range WITH sensor amp 404m ... can shoot further than lock without amp ...

For PvE my recommendation would be use a dedicated RSA support bot to sensor amp you.

Free up 2 slots for tuners / extenders.

I have Long Range Targetting 8 and my Tyranos is locking at 650ish with 2 T4 amps. And 4 free head slots for tuners, extenders, or stabs.

This basically makes the minuscule locking range a non issue.

Of course locking range could use a little love on mechs neutral A sensor amp is REQUIRED to shoot our optimal with no extenders even before any EP is spent is the problem.

Good to you Sundial you can support your mech, I cant. I have just one account.

Energy to Earth!

38 (edited by Annihilator 2011-09-12 23:09:02)

Inda wrote:

to bad, everyone brings the "get remote stuff" argument.
recently i reduced my PvE activity even more since i just can't get into that senseless grind which needs to accounts (one for killing one for looting)

i need to reduce my GFX details to run two clients (1. reason i hate dualboxing)
i need to keep an eye on two things (2. multitasking is unhealthy, i hate it)
i need have to pay two accounts (3. it maybe look cheap, but two accounts ~100 € a year for a game?)

*edit:*
oh, and do no bring the "its a multiplayer game". Its very convincing "hey, come play with me - i will stay still in a location, shoot down anything that appears, and you loot for me."
thats something a script/bot could do too...

thank you for the pizza and the burger, DEVs wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

WTB auto-matic looting robot! smile

Not a script, but a new robot Roomba class for Perp. All it does is run around vacuuming up loot cans!

40 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-13 00:53:36)

Inda wrote:

Yeah, I am not saying they should not increase mech locking range. Currently its a little bit silly how low it is.

Sadly multiple accounts feels required to play this game at optimal efficiency due to alot of interface / balancing issues like this.

SO just so were all on the same page.

The New mech locking range should be 9000 Meters.

ERP tanks need to be nerfed down just a bit more.

Give everyone subbed another free account as Inda doesn't have a second account to RSA with.

A new bot dubbed "Roomba" for all your loot needs.

That's it for now. I hope more great ideas keep coming in!@

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

42 (edited by Lemon 2011-09-13 05:54:05)

Player: Cookie Monsta
Accounts: 5
Account types: 4 Combat - 1 Miner
Average Active in PvP: 4
Monitors:1  Sadly

Why? When fighting consistently out numbered it is required i bring the strongest possible bots with as few holes in my fits/counters available.

In most engagements i will use 1 account as my demober/nexus to allow me to Herd my prey i will then have my Main gunner account which will do the killing Followed by a buffer with more nexus/buffs for my main gunner. Lastly i will either run a iron Curtain bot. Which is the bot i use to cut off routes of escape or Flank.

How does one do this? Approach command is win. I can Demob a player for killing and either approach my gunner and maintain demob range with primary account or simply stash the demober behind a object while watching from my main gunner. From there  i can either approach my prey if its weak enough and move my Flanker in to position.

Most classic experience during this kind of play. Turning on Lemon's repper approaching a mesmer and tabbing to my demober and watching lemon chase down and kill the Mesmer on approach. Which was then repeated on to the Kain that was trying to assist the Mesmer while my demober held the 3rd mech out of range for me to then go and kill.

So hows that for multiplayer? Did i mention i tend to also FC on top of that big_smile

TL:DR no this is not about player skill or e-peen i am simply listing out exactly how much goes in to high end pvping for my self and a few other pilots who do this with me. I must complement them on there skill o7

P.S. Remote Amping/Nexus is required to compete with assault bots in mechs. Its almost a Chore for me to play due to the odds against me on average.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Arga wrote:

WTB auto-matic looting robot! smile

Not a script, but a new robot Roomba class for Perp. All it does is run around vacuuming up loot cans!

Yes, a little baby sequer deployed like a can is big_smile

Inda wrote:

Hugh Ruka you see the problem, but you can use 2 amplifier, but you can use 2 -3 extender and 2 amplifier dont enough, so just about that need a little bit more locking range. And if you need everytime to fit 2 amplifier is less chance to another fittings. And the Kain s have 3 head slot so for Kains a little bit more harder to fittings. (I am not whining about Kains that need a little bit speed nerf).

I actualy do like the situation on gun bots. they can fit for sniping (long range) and have to sacrifice other things for that. however I do not like the situation on pelistal. using missiles for sniping is not quite the good thing (missile flight time).

anywa a 15% buf on mech lock range would be good ... that way I can just lock a bit (20-40m) further than I can shoot with long range guns.

Hugh Ruka wrote:
Inda wrote:

I actualy do like the situation on gun bots. they can fit for sniping (long range) and have to sacrifice other things for that. however I do not like the situation on pelistal. using missiles for sniping is not quite the good thing (missile flight time).

anywa a 15% buf on mech lock range would be good ... that way I can just lock a bit (20-40m) further than I can shoot with long range guns.

What is the problem with flight time? If you are "sniping" them you should not be taking damage while they are in the air. If you are close up, they don't take long to hit.

Novablob wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:
Inda wrote:

What is the problem with flight time? If you are "sniping" them you should not be taking damage while they are in the air. If you are close up, they don't take long to hit.

LOL your that butt hurt over nova...you made a char named after them.

You made a character named after the ideal you want to destroy...great idea...making a enshrined character JUST for them.

Fail...

Just Sayin