Topic: 62nd Open Epriton Mining

Tonight I decided to try out 62nd's open epriton mining invitation.  I was admittedly a bit nervous about the possibility it was a scam or some kind of trap.  So I loaded up a Sequer with a spare Termis and went on over.

I ended up mining out there for something like 3-4 hours.  I had a fun time chit chatting with some fellow miners as we filled our cans.  I was also pleasantly impressed with the level of protection provided by 62nd and friends.

I was not asked to post this topic and am not affiliated with any of the crew from 62nd and friends.  I merely wanted to post this so any other solo or small corp miners who may be unsure about if this whole deal was on the up and up could know that even with the 50% cut charged for the opportunity, this was a profitable evening of epriton mining for myself and I highly recommend it to others who may not have access to beta islands.

Personally I plan on going back with my Lithus and Riveler next time so I can do it right.  :-)

Re: 62nd Open Epriton Mining

Robophiliac wrote:

Personally I plan on going back with my Lithus and Riveler next time so I can do it right.  :-)

That's what they're hoping for.

Glad to be of service smile yarr

I think its a win win for both parties involved.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Purgatory wrote:
Robophiliac wrote:

That's what they're hoping for.

I think you will be surprised, we are good to our word as long as you are good to yours.

Lol, i'm just messing. He's probably worried now though.

Hm... it seems every time 62nd does this they are blind to all other island but nova...seems to be a bit of opportunity there.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

Hm... it seems every time 62nd does this they are blind to all other island but nova...seems to be a bit of opportunity there.

"I was also pleasantly impressed with the level of protection provided by 62nd and friends."

Sundial wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

"I was also pleasantly impressed with the level of protection provided by 62nd and friends."

Well the smart ones will get what I'm referring to.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

In tonight's exciting episode of "Mining with 62nd and friends" our intrepid band of miners was lead out to the scary island of Nova to vacuum up some of the lush red epi fields controlled by CIR and company. 

The adrenaline started pumping right off the bat when Ol Timer in a Seth popped outta Darna(sp) terminal just as I was about to dock up my Lithus.  I quickly jumped into the terminal and swapped over to my Riveler and left to rejoin the rest of the mining fleet.

Once more however I gimped my mining abilities for the evening as I decided to throw my shield on my Riveler instead of using the cpu/reactor to fill my head with industrial tunings.

Things quieted down for awhile after that as we set up at our designated spot and commenced with the mining.  For 2 hours we camped out and did our thing, mostly uneventful.

But then CIR and company began to mobilize its forces and proceeded to log in more members.  Ever minding of the safety of its miners, 62nd called for a tactical retreat off Nova to Hersh having steadily emptied the miner's cans in preparedness for just this occasion. 

Safely away our merry miners split their earnings with 62nd and went their separate ways.  Another successful OP enjoyed by all and eagerly they await the next.

What new and amazing lands will 62nd take our miners to next time?  What fearsome opponents will they be forced to fight?  Will I finally get myself properly fit and able to decently mine?  Stay tuned for the next episode.

PS:  CIR please have someone wash and wax my Lithus for me while I have it docked up at Darna.  I'll probably be back for it in a few weeks when they add spark jumping and I can ninja it away when nobody is there.  yarr  I'll be sure to tip the Valet.

HAHAHAHAAHA nice one 62nd smile way to flip off CIR hehehe big_smile

WTB syndic's reaction. <3 smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

That trip to Nova was fun. Expecially the part where we high tailed it off the island laiden with epri with angry locals chasing us. haha
Even managed to get all the Epri we mined off the island too.
Good laugh :~D

no scam ? wow ... have to tell the corp :-0

Hugh Ruka wrote:

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling.

If you are serious I highly suggest joining on one of the Ops when you see it advertised in gen chat.  The more the merrier and those of us that have been taking advantage of these runs are profiting and having fun(well as much fun as can be had mining).  tongue

If you are trolling I don't really see what you may be getting at.  As a relatively newer, solo playing, alpha dwelling carebear player these Ops work out great for me.  I have the option of trying to ninja mine epi in zero safety or joining up with others to mine as much as we can as safely as is possible.  Like Sundial said it is win win for all involved.  The miners are as safe as they can be and are able to mine away for hours at a time for the most part.  62nd not only gets their cut but is able to field more players in combat toons instead of splitting their forces between miners and protection which means more safety and more epi for all involved.

Robophiliac wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:

If you are serious I highly suggest joining on one of the Ops when you see it advertised in gen chat.  The more the merrier and those of us that have been taking advantage of these runs are profiting and having fun(well as much fun as can be had mining).  tongue

If you are trolling I don't really see what you may be getting at.  As a relatively newer, solo playing, alpha dwelling carebear player these Ops work out great for me.  I have the option of trying to ninja mine epi in zero safety or joining up with others to mine as much as we can as safely as is possible.  Like Sundial said it is win win for all involved.  The miners are as safe as they can be and are able to mine away for hours at a time for the most part.  62nd not only gets their cut but is able to field more players in combat toons instead of splitting their forces between miners and protection which means more safety and more epi for all involved.

well ... bait and switch is it called ... have seen my share of similar scams in EVE ... just watching and evaluating ...

LMAO Free Epi and a chance to kill people that interfer, no scam just riding the pony till we get bucked off. If any one isn't sure of the situation bring a t1 termis (if your really worried bring an argano) and a sequer...

Its a simple pay for protection set up. 62nd protects the miners for 50% of there Epi no strings attatched, We even let the miners keep their isotopes.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Hugh Ruka wrote:
Robophiliac wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:

well ... bait and switch is it called ... have seen my share of similar scams in EVE ... just watching and evaluating ...

Think about the money behind it. Its more profitable to protect the miners for even a single hour of them mining than it is to gank them, take their mods and never have them come back again.

I think its about time alpha dwellers had an easy and safe way to access epriton. Fill the markets with T4 for great justice alpha dwellers!

Hugh Ruka wrote:

I never got past my first month in EvE and that was years ago so I don't know kind of scams they were able to run there.

I do know that all the epi I've mined so far hasn't magically turned into titan ore after getting it safely into my storage though.  smile

Like I said I made this thread to let others know that so far this has been a great opportunity for me.  It is in my own best interests to inform other solo or small corp miner/producers about this.  The more players that join the ops the more profitable it is for 62nd and the longer they will continue to run them, which means more epi for me.

I've got a few months of kernel grinding and extension leveling ahead of me before I may consider trying to join a new more active corp.  For now I am more than happy with the way 62nd has been running these ops and am able to start throwing some T2/T3 items up onto the market because of them.

18 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-09-06 16:44:52)

Remember we do this for pvp, so you may loose your mining bot. lol it's beta after all yarr

However I'm glad people are having fun, and we are opening other islands now to mining.

Also we can show you some fits to help protect your termis/riveler better, since we've ganked tons of miners.

Mara Kaid wrote:

Remember we do this for pvp, so you may loose your mining bot. lol it's beta after all yarr

However I'm glad people are having fun, and we are opening other islands now to mining.

Also we can show you some fits to help protect your termis/riveler better, since we've ganked tons of miners.

Yep, sources tell me that Kentegura may be open for business soon ^^

Even in half an hour though, your mining bot will most likely pay for itself even after 50% tax.

"Don't bring something you cannot afford to lose"

We have not lost anyone yet, but it may happen in the future.

Regardless, we are all having fun, alpha industrialists are getting epriton, we are creating our own sandbox content.

I have no problem being your bait so long as you keep telling us when its time to GTFO.

You say RUN and my riveler is already half way to the TP.  big_smile

Sundial wrote:

Regardless, we are all having fun, alpha industrialists are getting epriton, we are creating our own sandbox content.

Actually i believe that's called "You're doing it right" which was intended and i wish more players would do stuff like this on there own instead of crying to the dev's to nerf this or buff that.

Stuff like this makes the game more than worth playing.  Good job guys.

I didn't get an engraved invitation!

smile

Awesome initiative, let us know when the next one is.

24 (edited by Pit Fiend 2011-09-06 19:36:35)

If I am online when one of these operations is active, I function as a roaming, border patrolling ranger. 

My goal is to insert myself anywhere on the island, onto any "hot spot" within 15 to 150 seconds.  This in turn adds an additional layer of defense and time for our alpha partners.

62nd also has other defensive and offensive tools at her disposal, so don't be shy and try it out for yourself.

25 (edited by Kamikazie 2011-09-08 01:25:31)

Mara is very reputable and if she says its safe/your safe or its time to go its no joke. I am right behind Pit, us M2S guys have 62nd back when the heads start to roll. As Mara said its beta after all, but if theres one thing I have done... its gotten dozens of kills with 62nd and have yet to die on one of their roams. Ill bring any bot I own heavies included to meet their call.

Pay no attention to the trolls and nay sayers in this thread, its CIR and pets trying to get you to stop stealing their EPI.

Proof... CIR Passification squad:
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z188 … ndkain.mp4