1. Detector sometimes not working when detector carrier not moving
2. Detector works less than 5 sec (2-3) when you have lag around 300-500ms

Again we paying money for experiments...=\

Re: Detector after last patch

Alexadar wrote:

I thought this was intended...it's not?

No its not. After undocking\teleporting detector sometimes have delay what decreasing detector effect. Sometimes its not working.

Detectors broken.

Detectors will not work well if you're lagging.. Correct.
Detection will work once you move (Changing tiles causes an update). This used to happen with the older system but it wasn't noticed (Detection takes a second or two to active so the timer should be extended from 5 seconds to 10 seconds)..

I agree that detection needs increasing but as it stands it's not broken!

5 (edited by Egil 2011-09-02 15:13:13)

I assumed that it was intended, so that the player being scout needs to be more active.

6 (edited by Alexadar 2011-09-02 15:19:18)

Lag advantage is too much, when you trying to figure out whats going on around.

As a intermediate solution between permanent and sonar-like detectors is to leave some markers on radar on the detected bot position, so it will be more sonar-like and usable.

or return detectors and nerf their range: best solution

Alexadar wrote:

As a intermediate solution between permanent and sonar-like detectors is to leave some markers on radar on the detected bot position, so it will be more sonar-like and usable.

A*...

I think all player icons that move out of detection range should remain on the radar (If the option is ticked) as a black dot for 10 seconds (Client side) effect that is unaffected by lag.

Alexadar wrote:

nerfing range is no option imho. when detection was implemented, i already asked for a falloff like game mechanic that shows you "something" is there, but not what exactly, instead of increasing the radar range to 2.5km.

with that you could place "decoys" on the terrain to hide (field can)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Alexadar wrote:

2. Detector works less than 5 sec (2-3) when you have lag around 300-500ms

Again we paying money for experiments...=\

You still pay for the game?

Fail

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Don´t know if I like the change to detector. But it is definitivly brocken:

Detector ONLY updates if you are moving. If you hold your position it is not updating at all.

That has never been a problem, becaus once it updated after turning it on you have to move once, and then it was alway actuall. But now it turns on for 5sec and than turns of for 15sec. If you don´t move during that 5 sec you don´t get an actual reading.
Tested with T3 and T4 Signaldectors on Kains and Yagels. Not a new problem, but with the last patch now a real (big) problem.

Raiser - CEO of Notum Pirates

This has been fixed in the 09-22 patch.