1 (edited by Celebro 2011-09-01 19:39:21)

Topic: Best PVE faction bot?

Green
It's clear that the green bots have the lowest dps in game therefore could be the weakest in this regard although they don't suffer from LOS like the others do and uses very little accumulator. Could this play out as an advantage in most cases?

Yellow
Yellow bots I am not so clear. I think most prefer it for PVE due to their high DPS but I am not really sure. They surely take the most accumulator and are slow.

Blue
Seems to be the middle ground, medium to high dps, rep bonus, fast and uses less accumulator than yellow bots.

Would like to hear some advice and reason why it's the best faction for killing all types of npcs specially using mech and H.mech.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Best PVE faction bot?

Yellow. Lazers have the lowest dispersion of any med weapon, so fitted with a couple of weapon stabs you can still be highly effective against lights and assaults in mixed spawns.

After that, it's actually more Island dependant. Trying to fight with lazers on Tellesis is easier then on the other islands because of terrain issues, so missle bots are actually better for the other A2 islands; putting aside all faction armor advantages.

whatever you get T4 equip for.

Blue is really cheap on Ammo because of really high damage,
Yellow is versatile due to Firearms working well with crit bonus on those mechs
Green has can farm from behind obstacles and can lock fast due to mech bonus.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Does LOS really matter that much when the non-green bots can just fit LFW/range and never get in range of their targets? That's what I do with my PvE fits anyway. When I feel lazy and want to farm faster, I equip the short range missiles for more dmg, but even then if I fit t4 extenders and launchers I dont need to be in range of mechs/hm's and can still smoke them from far off. There's also definitely a lot of wide open space around many spawns that I've seen, so kiting and avoiding hills that would otherwise block LOS seem moot if you choose a decent enough spawn to farm.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

I am kind of lazy after a while kiting and keeping range gets tiring, which is what I do with blue. Was wondering if green would suit me more, but have only tried the blue faction. I also would like killing more bots/hour but I guess I can't have it both ways. hmm

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-09-01 20:09:22)

You can't really sit in greens either and use LOS purely. NPC's will keep coming at you until a certain range then leash back to their spawn. You still have to kite them out of their spawn area and do enough DPS to kill them before they return to their spawn after they leash. It's usually no problem, but some of the tanked 5th tier mechs/HM's are a bit more tricky to kill in one pull. Chances are if you pull them, their buds will follow in staggered suit too. So if you dont kill them before they leash back, you can't really come out of cover and chase them as their other friends will still be coming at you at random intervals. I used to like LOS tanking and in some spots it can work, especially for new players. But unless you find a spawn sitting in a basin that they can't get out of before they leash, kiting seems to be a heck of a lot easier. Even still, I'd be hesitant not pulling them out of their spawn to kill them. If there's EWAR in the spawn that repops while you're looting, you'll likely be demobbed and butt-humped.

I prefer blue, huge dps means bots drop faster.
Bots dropping faster = more dead bots/h = more NIC
Bots dropping faster = less incoming dps = much stronger tank than it looks 'on paper'

kiting pve when sitting in a heavy mech = fail IMHO

it needs a termis with a shield, two RSA, one ET and perhaps one RR behind your heavy mech and you can farm anything on alpha without moving your combat mech.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

it needs a termis with a shield, two RSA, one ET and perhaps one RR behind your heavy mech and you can farm anything on alpha without moving your combat mech.

Im not sure where anyone mentioned kiting in a heavy, maybe I missed that... Not everyone buys 2 subs so that they can RR tank spawns either. It probably is one of the most efficient ways to make money farming rats on alpha, but it's not the only way.

Celebro wrote:

Would like to hear some advice and reason why it's the best faction for killing all types of npcs specially using mech and H.mech.

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Guess I did miss that, my bad.

Annihilator wrote:

/agree

Seth with autos/ full head of tuning 1 t4 range extender and 3 t4 stabs will kill any thing in lock range of it. You can do it with lasers now too. smile

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Annihilator wrote:

This
Except I prefer a few nexus mods and an armour tank wink

14 (edited by Celebro 2011-09-02 16:28:48)

Annihilator wrote:

I was playing with this idea recently, but using a riveler as support, not been as effective for me yet, but I suffer from, "Don't leave without a T4 lwf fitted syndrome" just in case they out gun me and to run. I guess I should try it out maybe fitting an armor plating on the mesmer and use autos which the fall-off bonus might help and the T4 autos are quite cheap.

Thanks for all the replies.

RIP PERPETUUM

I would call green, because even if you don't have someone RRing/RSAing you Pelistal are still very very good. Why? Because of locking time bonus (so in the end 1 sensor amp is ok) and accumulator bonus (tyrannos i.e.) so you have perma run a small rep + some active resistance plates.

And with gropho you'll use erp tank or weapon stabs + small rep for smaller stuff

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

To answer the OP....none...they all suck equally big_smile

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

with Seth and Lasers you could eventually run into accumulator issues if you are still doing alpha strikes after you maxed out your cycle time extensions.

same for Mesmer, but less drastic if you rely on gauss cannons (one shot potential)