Topic: wow, you really hate Medium EM's dontcha!

From todays update;

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-09-01

Change: Increased the optimal range of medium ballistic missiles.
Change: Increased the optimal range of medium HCL lasers.

Were medium EM guns really that powerful ?

I'm just really happy I cross specced into yellow big_smile

Re: wow, you really hate Medium EM's dontcha!

Kains had their week.. and then some.. of being the best PVP race. By most standards they still are the best.

I see many tyrannos and artemis being killed by kains still.

Prove they're not balanced and then we'll talk. Right now your evidence is missing.

Mesmer ERP tank still works like a charm...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

They're fast, have bonus to armor repair, and up to 400% of damage on medium EM guns (iirc). Prolly they don't need any boosts.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

5 (edited by Purgatory 2011-09-01 13:28:27)

dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me... dontcha!

Alexander wrote:

Prove they're not balanced and then we'll talk. Right now your evidence is missing.

I dont need to prove a thing, normally with a persistant MMO, balancing is a very delicate operation with slow incremental changes over long periods of time.

They havnt changed since release.. now in the space of a few weeks EM guns and Blue in general have had drastic nerfs with yellow having dramatic buffs.

Im not saying they are not balanced, im just saying that I get the impression that the sudden change feels very.. emotional.

Purgatory wrote:

dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me... dontcha!

I'm a snowman!...  not the sharpest knife in the draw are you? lol wink

Signal detection change is very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's pretty big. Should make hiding a bit easier, especially with a buff to masking.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Signal detection change is very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's pretty big. Should make hiding a bit easier, especially with a buff to masking.

Yea, I quite like it!... especially making the differences between tiers.

I always thought that with the huge amount of energy detecting takes that it should also temporarily increase interference, or even make you more detectable.

10 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-09-01 15:14:52)

Kains will still be one of the top choices for roaming bots, so I'm not sure it matters that blues were left out. They've been #1 for a while now and I highly doubt you're going to see a sudden influx of switches to yellow or green... especially not green. *cough*

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

11 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-01 15:41:43)

Missle range was totally gimped. Kains shot farther than us with EM guns even before falloff, even with our Heat-IX ammo with the same skills. Sure we shoot over stuff, but what good is that if we can't hit them with comparable tier setups?

This buff was much needed to make the Tyranos range not totally gimped with comparable tiers . Its cost/effectiveness did not scale at all.

Stop your whining, you are the fastest, highest DPS, and for a while had better range than most similar tiered green mech setups. And you still are, its just green is less gimped now. lol

Kains are still the defacto roaming mech, don't worry!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sundial wrote:

Kains are still the defacto roaming mech, don't worry!

I dont think anyone is worried,  all mechs can roam.   Noone really picks a race based on how good that races mech is at roaming and FC's will go roaming with whoever is available. 

Number of pilots is still more important than the type of pilots.  But if that FC could configure his roam based on whatever the Dev's feel is flavor of the month then it certainly gives them more power.

In fact...  seing that that Dev's are so indecisive about their balancing I think its time to start cross speccing into Green as well as blue and yellow!!  lol

Snowman wrote:

Noone really picks a race based on how good that races mech is at roaming

All the kains on the killboard disagree.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Thats what happens when the entire population has 3-4 free account-resets since release.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

well, it seems that we are back to the roots.

EM short range+high damage, Missiles medium range (switchable from high-damage short to low damage long-range on terrain) and Laser lower damage+higher range.

crit chance on tunings is also more a buff to missile and EM guns, Tyrannos profits most of it IMHO.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Snowman wrote:

From todays update;

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-09-01

Change: Increased the optimal range of medium ballistic missiles.
Change: Increased the optimal range of medium HCL lasers.

Were medium EM guns really that powerful ?

The tears of the kain pilots are very tasty.

Reset each other yet?

18 (edited by Purgatory 2011-09-01 21:27:54)

The devs took notice of a couple of my threads I think.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … than-seth/ - Fixed in patch, they gave Seth higher base AP.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … st-damage/ - Fixed in patch, they got the range orders back to blue shortest, green medium, yellow longest.

~40 days till seth mk2 baby.

Reset each other yet?

Lord Syndics retributthead alliance checklist

ERP Nerf...check
Blue nerf...check

its official, everyone must whine!!  lol

Purgatory wrote:

Fixed in patch, they got the range orders back to blue shortest, green medium, yellow longest.

But the problem is, without any kind of decent combat repping (like it was b4 ERP's were even introduced) kain will just get squashed with it's "new and improved" lackluster ammo choices.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Fixed in patch, they got the range orders back to blue shortest, green medium, yellow longest.

But the problem is, without any kind of decent combat repping (like it was b4 ERP's were even introduced) kain will just get squashed with it's "new and improved" lackluster ammo choices.

Well kain should get +20% range bonus mission ammo just like missiles and lasers do. Kain/mesmer are supposed to have the shortest range, they are the fastest.

Purgatory wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Well kain should get +20% range bonus mission ammo just like missiles and lasers do. Kain/mesmer are supposed to have the shortest range, they are the fastest.

Hmm no. A Kain with 20% range ammo would deal the same (more?) damage as an Artemis with high damage ammo ... at the same standard range. This would lead to further adjustments ... and further andjustments and so on. All this crappy "unwanted" balancing... It was good as it was before. It wasn't perfect - but every weapon system had its strength and weakness. At least Pelistal pilots can be verrry satisfied ... buff here, buff there, nerf for other bots.

24 (edited by Purgatory 2011-09-02 09:14:08)

Error wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

Hmm no. A Kain with 20% range ammo would deal the same (more?) damage as an Artemis with high damage ammo ... at the same standard range. This would lead to further adjustments ... and further andjustments and so on. All this crappy "unwanted" balancing... It was good as it was before. It wasn't perfect - but every weapon system had its strength and weakness. At least Pelistal pilots can be verrry satisfied ... buff here, buff there, nerf for other bots.

And a theldocia mech with +20% ammo will still beat its range by a lot.

Pelistal bots didn't get a buff. They had a nerf that shouldn't have been applied in the first place undone. Infact pelistal bots have been nerfed into oblivion over the last few months. EM guns were now longer range than medium missiles, and their bots faster.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Snowman wrote:

The tears of the kain pilots are very tasty.

umm, I think you missed something, amirite?