Topic: Switch Ammo To.....

It would be nice to have a right click option to switch all guns/modules of the same type to the same ammo in addition to the current options.. There aren't many instances where you would want different ammo, but there are quite a few where changing all of your guns at the same time would reduce the amount of clicking (and be faster) significantly..

Basically the same as we have a 'reload' and a 'reload all' option, only for different ammo..

2 (edited by Copine Callmeknau 2011-08-30 02:55:05)

Re: Switch Ammo To.....

Yes this please

Also maybe being able to split remaining ammo amongst weapons easily

edit: And weapons not cancelling a reload cycle just because the target is destroyed

I'll just whip this out and leave it here.

+1

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Didn't you get the memo? smile

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-06-17

"New: Change all ammo function: when changing ammo in modules while on the terrain, holding the shift key while clicking on the desired ammo will now change it in all applicable modules."

Though I suppose for new players this is new information, since this feature isn't very well documented.

DEV Zoom wrote:

No one sends memos to me anymore!  I have to go looking for myself!

Ahem...thanks for the link, by the way!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

DEV Zoom wrote:

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-06-17

"New: Change all ammo function: when changing ammo in modules while on the terrain, holding the shift key while clicking on the desired ammo will now change it in all applicable modules."

Though I suppose for new players this is new information, since this feature isn't very well documented.

Oh nice. Yeah I think this means what you need to do is make it a bit more obvious.. (Something else that needs to be made more obvious is the keyboard shortcuts for locking and setting primaries and the like..)

well, most, if not all, stuff is written down in the manual, or when going through the keybind options.

the game manuall can be searched for terms ingame, and locking is explained during tutorial. How much more obvious can things be made with onscreen messages that noone really reads and just hits "ok".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The help system isn't the easiest thing to find. There should be a tutorial on opening the help system and searching for a specific page. When this page is accessed the tutorial continues.

If more people use the help system and it was better kept up to date it would be a great system.

9 (edited by Mark Zima 2011-08-30 12:16:31)

Any function hidden behind the shift key should have a visible and clickable alternative (like a menu entry). Or it will take months for people to discover it.
Reading the manual back-to-back, let alone patch notes, is not the first thing you do when you start playing the game, and some never read it at all.

UPD: I'm all for reading the manual back-to-back, but obviously this approach is not very popular. Even if the manual is well-written and comprehensive, like the Perperuum's one.

10 (edited by Alexander 2011-08-30 12:10:48)

The solution has been given many times.

Reload
Reload all
Change Ammo
Change All Ammo