Re: This game became full of cheap stuff

Syndic wrote:

Yes indeed, it's always someone elses fault.

Indeed tovarish! Who else can be held responsible? roll

But seems Failure2Society just realized that you need two people to start a party wink
..Meanwhile Lolpirates are already in the process on convincing the devs to remove alpha protection for everyone but them so they have miners they can gank. lol

Problem isn't Syndic is bad or NovaBlob is to blame. Problem is - with such low population any alliances are useless simple because there will be no strong enough enemies to fight against. Creating new alliances is pretty impossible because again - lack of players.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Sorry but thats simpleminded. We had enough players on the server they all left for various reasons. The most obvious for a gamer is: its boring.

But why is it boring?

The recent (balancing) patches, current game mechanics and overall balance.
People lost perspective and the grinding factor is so high that there is no point in doing it anymore.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

More people wont change anything because this game cant keep em.

Syndic wrote:

Because if only half of those ~20 corps in Wambulance

6 corps. roll

Syndic wrote:

chose an outpost and went for them fighting tooth and nail, it would obviously ruin the PVP even more as the big bad blob attacked them all at the same time with blobby odds...

When Infestation was at its strength, hardly anyone took pvp roams to Hokkagoras. A few corps tried, but no-one really put any effort into it.

It was a bit boring tbh.

Now, you can hardly make the same complaint. Novablob is the strongest alliance on the server purely in terms of fits and numbers (if not actual pvp ability) but you get roamed on a daily basis.

I think Nova should get over yourselves, log back into the game, have a look at the mechanics and come up with new fittings that work for you. Adapt, change, survive. Or go play Rift.

It's not like everything you have done over the last 10 months is a total waste.

Hey, if you all ragequit permamently, can we claim that as a victory over you? Pretty sure you would if the roles were reversed... big_smile

---

As an aside, I actually think it's kind of a shame that no corps want to move out to beta, there are lots of empty outposts at the moment, but really there is nothing there to attract them except e-peen and epriton, and the latter can be ninja mined of you're organised, whereas not everyone is obsessed by the former. It's that old problem where if you give beta enough advantages, people want to move there, but the more advantages you give it the harder it is for new corps to break in.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Oh look, what i've been saying all along people are finally starting to agree with. The setup of small islands with very limited entry/exit points is killing the games population. If the game were one giant landmass, and it was easier to escape from pvp, you might see more people actually playing.

Players have two choices if they want to do well at this game - Join an alliance, or be a hardcore player and survive solo or in a small corp. Those being the only choices will forever keep perpetuum a low population game that consists of a few "l33t" players and nothing more.

There is no room for the average player to carve out a niche in this game.

The island setup doesn't exactly do the game any justice either. It makes the game world feel very small, paticuarly because many players will stick to using just one or two islands and island arn't that big.

Hunter wrote:

I am proud, reading your posts. Particularly proud that we have achieved this honestly (unlike you).

do you remember this?

Honestly you live in the past. Its sad what NOVA is doing now, But hey you all already paid for the month. lulz you lose the enjoyment of stomping heavys on peoples heads. not us.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Purgatory wrote:

Oh look, what i've been saying all along people are finally starting to agree with. The setup of small islands with very limited entry/exit points is killing the games population. If the game were one giant landmass, and it was easier to escape from pvp, you might see more people actually playing.

^^
This proposals as always had and will have my support.

208 (edited by Hunter 2011-09-02 10:58:16)

Khader Khan wrote:

Honestly you live in the past.

heh.. Just I have a good memory.

Khader Khan wrote:

Its sad what NOVA is doing now

Sad for who?

Khader Khan wrote:

But hey you all already paid for the month. lulz you lose the enjoyment of stomping heavys on peoples heads. not us.

There are no words. just laugh lol

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

AgY wrote:

Sorry but thats simpleminded. We had enough players on the server they all left for various reasons. The most obvious for a gamer is: its boring.

But why is it boring?

The recent (balancing) patches, current game mechanics and overall balance.
People lost perspective and the grinding factor is so high that there is no point in doing it anymore.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

Actually I agree with this, the game is very boring. I don't sympathise with the fuss over the ERP nerf, but the grind has always been the problem and a lot of the mechanics don't really do anything to address that.

I'm staying, though, because I think one day Perpetuum will get there.

Bernard Suits, 1978

By the way, the great alliance of retribution once gave the island the new corporation. Positive effect was not. The Corporation did not develop an joined to Hokko alliance. Also, when them began to kill on the island (because it's PvP island), they began to troll novastrov. It turns out 2 weeks of non-aggression is not enough.

Hunter wrote:

By the way, the great alliance of retribution once gave the island the new corporation. Positive effect was not. The Corporation did not develop an joined to Hokko alliance. Also, when them began to kill on the island (because it's PvP island), they began to troll novastrov. It turns out 2 weeks of non-aggression is not enough.

Sorry mate, google translate just isn't working for you.

Bernard Suits, 1978

Novastrov, *** yeah!
Killing the game honestly since devs killed m2s cheats.

Enjoy ur sandbox, and enjoy ur %islandname% while u can.

If PvP can be escaped from then the PVPers cry and the carebears win.
If PvP can't be escaped from then the carebears cry and the PvPers win.
If PvP can sometimes be escaped everyone cries.

There is nothing to strive for. If you're "winning the game" then nothing gets any harder and honestly everything gets easier as you have to try less because everyone else gives up.

The rewards for success are too monetary and reward only the greedy rather than those looking to achieve something.

PvP is very fast paced and modules range hugely when in the hands of a skilled player or a new player. This doesn't just mean playing skill but also EP however on the whole skill can help make up for a lack in EP.

Making the game fun for everyone is IMPOSSIBLE but making it at least fair would be a start. Interferences needs to somehow be limited to your friends and then made so 20 to 30 many groups so that people attack in waves rather then "AHH! 100 vs 30" even if it ends up being 100 v 30 over 3 rounds of fighting or from three direction all 800m apart.

Alexander wrote:

If PvP can be escaped from then the PVPers cry and the carebears win.
If PvP can't be escaped from then the carebears cry and the PvPers win.
If PvP can sometimes be escaped everyone cries.

There is nothing to strive for. If you're "winning the game" then nothing gets any harder and honestly everything gets easier as you have to try less because everyone else gives up.

The rewards for success are too monetary and reward only the greedy rather than those looking to achieve something.

PvP is very fast paced and modules range hugely when in the hands of a skilled player or a new player. This doesn't just mean playing skill but also EP however on the whole skill can help make up for a lack in EP.

Making the game fun for everyone is IMPOSSIBLE but making it at least fair would be a start. Interferences needs to somehow be limited to your friends and then made so 20 to 30 many groups so that people attack in waves rather then "AHH! 100 vs 30" even if it ends up being 100 v 30 over 3 rounds of fighting or from three direction all 800m apart.

gratz

Campana wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Sorry mate, google translate just isn't working for you.

Just Russian lang more flexible than English. So here Google is powerless to. hmm

This thread has reached it's limit, and we're talked here about everything already. So let's get back to topic, make some summary and close it.

Topic: This game became full of cheap stuff because of ERP and armor-tunungs nerf, so everyone now will use lights and T1 stuff.

Summary: No it's not, people are still using T4 stuff and that bot they're feel more suitable for the current situation.

Thanks, and have a productive day!

Campana wrote:

When Infestation was at its strength, hardly anyone took pvp roams to Hokkagoras. A few corps tried, but no-one really put any effort into it.

It was a bit boring tbh.

Now, you can hardly make the same complaint. Novablob is the strongest alliance on the server purely in terms of fits and numbers (if not actual pvp ability) but you get roamed on a daily basis.

I think Nova should get over yourselves, log back into the game, have a look at the mechanics and come up with new fittings that work for you. Adapt, change, survive. Or go play Rift.

It's not like everything you have done over the last 10 months is a total waste.

Hey, if you all ragequit permamently, can we claim that as a victory over you? Pretty sure you would if the roles were reversed... big_smile

---

As an aside, I actually think it's kind of a shame that no corps want to move out to beta, there are lots of empty outposts at the moment, but really there is nothing there to attract them except e-peen and epriton, and the latter can be ninja mined of you're organised, whereas not everyone is obsessed by the former. It's that old problem where if you give beta enough advantages, people want to move there, but the more advantages you give it the harder it is for new corps to break in.

Infestation was at it's "strength" when you had spent the initial month power-grinding kernels which resulted in Infestation = T4, rest of the server = T1; and then abused the insurance system so that you produced 10 bots, blew up 6 for the insurance which funded building of another 10.

In short, you made an initial effort and then came up with a system to create an effortless corp/alliance economy so you could PVP 24/7, and mine roughly... 0/7. When that loophole got closed, you found another and did it again. It seems you fellas over there have had a terminal alergy towards mining.

Now, while it's true that Novablob and Dupelance are founded on diametrally opposite principles; there is nothing for SovNov to "get over" as we're not ragequitting or have any reason to do so. We've worked hard over the last 10 months, and I'm sure many pilots like myself are taking a well-earned summer vacation.

And when we're back in a few days, I hope you ladies will be on-hand to provide some quality entertainment. Preferably in EU prime time, cause it gets silly when we start waking up a few hours before work to get PVP. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

It seems you fellas over there have had a terminal alergy towards mining.

AgY wrote:

We had enough players on the server they all left for various reasons. The most obvious for a gamer is: its boring.

But why is it boring?

[..] the grinding factor is so high that there is no point in doing it anymore.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

Seems like your own alliance agrees with me... smile

Any MMO should provide two kinds of play. Exciting random play that gives you a rush, and relaxing but still enjoyable play where you can just log on after a day's work and chill, de-stress and zone out. Ideally the latter should be the method by which you build up to the former, and you need a decent balance of both.

No MMO I have ever played has got this balance right, Perpetuum included. Farming NPCs solo is irritating because it really needs 2 or 3 accounts to be efficient, and you spend all your time micromanaging, but if you're in a group it's a race to click on the landmarks list to try and get a shot in on something before gets alpha'd by your squad-mates - not enjoyable or relaxing. I could go on forever about how mining and harvesting don't work either. All three of these activities cause a gradual build up of irritation, which isn't really offset by the rewards.

Line wrote:

This thread has reached it's limit, and we're talked here about everything already. So let's get back to topic, make some summary and close it.

Topic: This game became full of cheap stuff because of ERP and armor-tunungs nerf, so everyone now will use lights and T1 stuff.

Summary: No it's not, people are still using T4 stuff and that bot they're feel more suitable for the current situation.

Agreed, /endthread.

Bernard Suits, 1978

Line wrote:

Again its only your vision, what you would like to summarise. TY for your input

Campana wrote:

Thank you for that times. Styx taught us how to do industry and pvp with limited resources. Now the most succeeded corporations have awesome knowlege how to play. And now you wining "blooobs bloobs bloobs": dont forget who forced people to join in a groups and to think how to beat almost invincible enemy.

But the saddest thing is a situation around content. There is not much endgame content to play for. People something tired to see a dancing around old stuff, what became "cheap stuff" because of recent movements in a balance. Whatever ballance will be, without a new content,a new endgame goals,a new goals at all, this game will have more and more cheap stuff.

Alexadar wrote:
Line wrote:

Thats not just my vision, thats fact, mate. Didn't saw anyone started to run with t1 fit anter that nerf. Turn up your brains please.

221 (edited by Lemon 2011-09-02 14:35:45)

Line wrote:
Alexadar wrote:
Line wrote:

Thats not just my vision, thats fact, mate. Didn't saw anyone started to run with t1 fit anter that nerf. Turn up your brains please.

Let me Phrase this last parting post so your thick skull can have it sink in possibly.

People are still using T4 because we have 100's of each module and they arn't upset over some stupid nerf to a very painful way to play this game at a whopping speed of 47 kph.

They are upset at the idea of the game being dumbed down to allow players to not have to adapt to pvp and change fits to counter and out play other players but rather simply run zerg dps fits in a linear style of pvp.

Players are pissed about a less dynamic play and dumbing the game down end of story.

I am done playing, talking, posting, subscribing as i am on a tight budget and have lost my motivation/enjoyment/faith for the moment within the game.  For those who actually gave me a good fight it was fun.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Ok.

Who wants some t4 fit? Nobody. Coz everyone has brand new t1, which enogh to space-click.

Enjoy ur sandbox, and enjoy ur %islandname% while u can.

Lemon wrote:
Line wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Let me Phrase this last parting post so your thick skull can have it sink in possibly.

People are still using T4 because we have 100's of each module and they arn't upset over some stupid nerf to a very painful way to play this game at a whopping speed of 47 kph.

They are upset at the idea of the game being dumbed down to allow players to not have to adapt to pvp and change fits to counter and out play other players but rather simply run zerg dps fits in a linear style of pvp.

Players are pissed about a less dynamic play and dumbing the game down end of story.

I am done playing, talking, posting, subscribing as i am on a tight budget and have lost my motivation/enjoyment/faith for the moment within the game.  For those who actually gave me a good fight it was fun.

All your subjective opinion, dont let the door hit you on the way out wink

I predict a return in about a month for some more attention whoring wink

225 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-09-02 18:31:04)

We've worked hard over the last 10 months, and I'm sure many pilots like myself are taking a well-earned summer vacation.

Nothing like knowing nova had a 2nd job playing perpetuum, to make you smile. Does running nova pay for health care benefits as well, and offer family/leave time?