Re: This game became full of cheap stuff

Switching to the "race of the month" (or "build of the month") is definitely not the way to react to balancing changes.

But yeah, this thread should end.

110 in general chat today...I think that says it all

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

It worries me that the number could get even worse...

179 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2011-09-02 03:10:50)

Ville wrote:

It worries me that the number could get even worse...

It will...it will

Eve *** up wont be there to save them this time sad

and i really love this game too......

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

and to think, it could have all been avoided if devs listened to me but they have better things to do like listen to mega corps and their selfish interests. Good for them. The game is dying because of it.

Now they're catering to the new players (in the wrong way) and there are barely any of those left. *** backwards. Hate to say I told you so.

Coulda been a contenda

Goblin wrote:

and to think, it could have all been avoided if devs listened to anyone but me but they have better things to do like ignore mega corps and their vested interests. Good for them. The game is dying because of it.

Now they're catering to the new players (in the wrong way) and there are barely any of those left. *** backwards. Hate to say I told you so.

Coulda been a contenda

all fixed Goblin...someone must have gotten a hold of your keyboard...

Just Sayin

This is really great job DeVs. I heard that computer games are very harmful to mentality. Therefore I want to tell thanks that you do the game not interesting. Now perpetuum is like standard piracy ММО the server. Here it is possible to equip without effort the character for PvP, kill some opponents on a beta island, close game and not to come back any more. There is no real enemies, no achievements, no events. And of course there is no balance.

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

Hunter wrote:

This is really great job DeVs. I heard that computer games are very harmful to mentality. Therefore I want to tell thanks that you do the game not interesting. Now perpetuum is like standard piracy ММО the server. Here it is possible to equip without effort the character for PvP, kill some opponents on a beta island, close game and not to come back any more. There is no real enemies, no achievements, no events. And of course there is no balance.

The balance....there is balance. its closely reaching zero.

Just Sayin

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Hunter wrote:

The balance....there is balance. its closely reaching zero.

The balance is out there... smile

Hunter wrote:

Lack of enemies - it's prolly not the balance issue.
Achievements - not in this game plox.
Events - go make one, don't wait for anyone else doing it for you.
Balance - there it is. It's just not only ERP tanks.

Players are leaving not because there is no balance. Players are leaving because there is not too much tp do in PvE, and PvP is hard as hell to find - those who can bring some, are groupped up in alliances and sitting on the islands guarding tele. Wars are impossible cuz there is nothing to fight for atm, except e-peen length. But thats boring. Disband your alliances, take 1 outpost per corp and shoot each other, that will be more interesting and will give a chance for small/newbie corps to pew-pew aswell. Right now - noone will come to your betas cuz everyone knows you're scouting tele and will quicly bring a lots of combats. So all the PvP we all can have now - just random luck on roams and even more random luck on infiltration actions.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Players are leaving not because there is no balance. Players are leaving because there is not too much tp do in PvE, and PvP is hard as hell to find - those who can bring some, are groupped up in alliances and sitting on the islands guarding tele. Wars are impossible cuz there is nothing to fight for atm, except e-peen length. But thats boring. Disband your alliances, take 1 outpost per corp and shoot each other, that will be more interesting and will give a chance for small/newbie corps to pew-pew aswell. Right now - noone will come to your betas cuz everyone knows you're scouting tele and will quicly bring a lots of combats. So all the PvP we all can have now - just random luck on roams and even more random luck on infiltration actions.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

187 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-02 07:40:28)

Line wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Lack of enemies - it's prolly not the balance issue.
Achievements - not in this game plox.
Events - go make one, don't wait for anyone else doing it for you.
Balance - there it is. It's just not only ERP tanks.

I agree with your points. However sadly if you dont scout the gates while doing ops you are putting your industrial / farming ops at risk. And most people only scout while doing ops on beta.

Needs to be more mechanics to support something like this and they are not there right now. As soon as you get on the island, you are dead.

The whole thing needs to be rethought. But yes, "less blue more pew pew"

With Novastrov possibly leaving the game like they are saying, maybe things will change in a way like this that will pave the way for smaller corps to have some fun by having most alliances disband. Who knows.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Syndic and Alexadar are the single biggest reason that pvp is dead in this game for most people, if it wasn't for them there would be many other corps holding outposts and trying to make it on beta, but when you are blobbed with huge gangs in T4 gear whenever they tried it just wasn't worth it for them.  Good job guys, you've done a great job for the game and AC

Line wrote:

Players are leaving not because there is no balance. Players are leaving because there is not too much tp do in PvE, and PvP is hard as hell to find - those who can bring some, are groupped up in alliances and sitting on the islands guarding tele. Wars are impossible cuz there is nothing to fight for atm, except e-peen length.

Hail, Syndic, destroyer of PO

anybody out there want to stroke my ego for predicting all this *** and being right about every suggestion I have ever made on the game with my limited experience.

but hey, let's work on mining and alliance features while everyone leaves the game

That's the ticket

192 (edited by Hunter 2011-09-02 08:51:53)

Jelan wrote:

Syndic and Alexadar are the single biggest reason that pvp is dead in this game for most people, if it wasn't for them there would be many other corps holding outposts and trying to make it on beta, but when you are blobbed with huge gangs in T4 gear whenever they tried it just wasn't worth it for them.  Good job guys, you've done a great job for the game and AC

ololo.... lol

Hunter wrote:
Jelan wrote:

ololo.... lol

Stop being a part of the problem then Hunter if you feel so strongly about it

194 (edited by Hunter 2011-09-02 08:52:03)

I am proud, reading your posts. Particularly proud that we have achieved this honestly (unlike you).

do you remember this?

Yes, M2S were pain in the *** at that time. But they were funny at least. Capturing all the OP was the biggest trolling ever, and everyone who fought against them got over 9000 of funs, no matter what they're saying now. Yes, someone has ragequit, someone has been desperated to death, but still - that was a Great War and a Great Fun.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Jelan wrote:

v52, Negative!

Reason PVP is "dead" is because you fragile little fairies either can't be arsed to mine/farm 6-10 hours a day consistently, or can't be arsed to produce T4; thus there is no stockpile for you to even attempt holding an Outpost. Or at least, such is your excuse-making mindset where everyone else is to blame for your own unwillingness to compete.

In your frantic panic-driven search for allies, you've corrupted all the new corps to this "if you can't win easily, don't even try" way of thinking; and its no wonder most of the new corps ended up dying. In your glorious role of "veterans showing the newbies how its done", you've only turned them all into little ECORP clones running around in circles on Alpha without any goals or idea what to do. lol

If I had came into the game with a 300-600 man corp, no EP advantage or warchest advantage would have saved you. Hell, 50-60 of us came into the game with a 50k EP disadvantage and 0 game knowledge and still trashed your Closed Beta cliques and 1000-2000 sized 3 mega-alliances. lol

And yet you still insist in doing the exact same things your long-gone grofaz leaders did all those months ago, as if repeating the same approach would result in a different outcome. Apart from that one slightly smarter lemming who thought copy-pasting what we did 8-9 months ago would have the same outcome. The lemming got a bit smarter tho, thats why he's so busy explaining to the Devs why the game should be rolled back balance-wise to release-era. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Goblin wrote:

Hail, Syndic, destroyer of PO

Syndic wanted notoriety and he got it. From this day forward, we will remember him as the one who single handedly ruined a perfectly good game.

That's a pretty awesome accomplishment if you ask me. Who else can say they ran a potentially huge project like this into the ground.

maybe you should cry to dev about making that alliance feature

you and the other 5 players can celebrate your accolades together

Yes indeed, it's always someone elses fault.

Because if only half of those ~20 corps in Wambulance chose an outpost and went for them fighting tooth and nail, it would obviously ruin the PVP even more as the big bad blob attacked them all at the same time with blobby odds...

... Or maybe the pilots should start wondering why their leaders are unwilling to commit their corporation to an objective? The idea of building up for 6-7 months, then taking another 6-7 months to build up a bit more, in the meantime pressuring the Devs to change this-that mechanic, then taking another 6-7 months just to be SURE...

Rest assured brosefs, in 2 years at the latest your leaders will be ready to finally move out to Beta. lol

Cause stupid leaders like me who came into the game and moved out to Beta on Day 2 in-game are obviously stupid. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

toon of lulz today smile