Re: This game became full of cheap stuff

1. Not really but
2. 15-20 4 guns on each x 25-30 damage if in locking range around* 1500-2000 damage per volly of all bots involved.

That is generalized as stateing its 1 vs 15-20 and the lights are already in locking range yatta yatta.

Truth is that heavy should see them and kill them before they get in range.

However the battlefield is dynamic and fluid. E-war is a combat multiplyer.
A gang of E-wars will would need more DPS to take down a heavy. But as lemon stated a seasoned heavy pilot would know who is normally running ECMs and who isn't and would know when he's either gonna kite or cannon ball in to them.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Line wrote:

Solution:
3. Ban Hunter on forums (optional)

Best fix ever.

Goblin wrote:

no, they should be immuned to lights & assaults, making them indestructible to new players who do not have access to the EP necessary to defeat them.

with this one also x)

loot of *** in this thread.. why the hell 3 arba with support should be unable to take down a gropho?

Everything is fine here. Go away.

78 (edited by Hunter 2011-08-29 15:54:46)

yeah-yeah. Lets ban me. Show to all who operates the server.
Don't forget return my money and spent time.
If will be only nerf in the game and not will add anything new then it isn't important to me.

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

Ur can stufz i hav?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Didn't they already blow up your last Seth? lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

My wasp had more HP than that gropho, it's no surprise he got canned by a squad of that size. Hell, I probably could have taken him down a sizeable amount in my assault and finished him with my explosion. lol   yarr

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

@Grim

It's a shame people like you exist.  I am glad my life doesn't revolve around the continue justification of my existence by.attaching myself to something I had no part in.

@62nd/M2S/War

ECM and terrain wills the day.  I am not going to *** about losing a range fitted gropho because I feel like you shouldn't bring to Beta what you can't afford to lose.

Like I said on the kill board:  Good Fight.

All the other trolls can "Get F*cked"  At the end of the day I still banged the wife then slept like a baby.  It's a game with pixels...  I can get more pixels...

smile

With that being said... See you guys on the battlefield.

84 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-08-29 20:16:32)

You certainly sound pretty bitter about losing those pixels by what you just said. I gave an unbiased view on the situation as neither being on 62's side, nor yours. Your fit didn't own up to the situation like Hunter is creating a clamour about or how it should have, just because it's a heavy. It's funny though how he had nothing to do with what went on, yet because he's on your 'side' of the fence it's ok. You're right, it's pixels. You lost them because you didn't fit right and went out in something expensive without proper backup. If that makes you mad, then don't do it again. Just don't go snap at people on a public forum because you're embarrased by what happened and were used as an example in a thread. But hey, go have more sex and try brag about it on a video game forum. I'm sure after being demasculated as you were after that fight,  boinking was about the only way to get some of those virility points back. lol

To this date, the most hilarious way of losing a heavy mech is still held by a very special pilot of mine who alt-tabbed to do god knows what and got his gropho blown up by an observer.

Yup, his *** was in a castel for a good two weeks. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Grim, this is a video game and your little stab at the HP:

"my waspish had more HP...LOL amirite guys please acknowledge me, oh please...  I won't be able to focus in Math class tomorrow if you don't lol with me....mom!  I need more pizza rolls."

Could score you some points.
Maybe if you lurk around more forum posts you can get into 62nd or M2S...

Wow, guess I hit a nerve there. I illustrated a point about how little it matters that you're in a heavy when it comes to fitting because of Hunter's delusion that Heavies are the be all end all that should be able to take out swathes of assaults and lights. I didn't make it personal in the least and this thread isn't about you and your loss, it's about the ideals of balances. Your butthurt comments out of nowhere though sure proved counter-productive to how little you cared about your loss. But please, carry on making it personal. Maybe if you make a sad face here when you get trolled like you did when you lost your gropho, your wife will let you 'bang' her again out of pity because of your encounters with the mean mean intarwebz men.

Awww... your innocent and humbling approach was notable at best.  You made it personal when you stuck your nose where it doesn't belong.  Now scurry on home to alpha, and play with the drones.  Maybe they can sympathize with your sadness...

I am done with this tread:

Good fight, see you next time on the battlefield.

Look both of you... my E-peen is vastly larger and superior! I am claiming victory over your bicker to prevent the closing of this thread.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Yeah Ville, I guess you're right. I should have known better than to post in a public thread, there's quite a few limp wrists that take these internet robots far too seriously. They should offer counselling services when you register for forums, it would probably benefit a lot to learn how to cope with losses.

Lemon, what'd you learn about flaunting? You want your epeen to be nerfed too?

As I've said before... the ERP module t1 or t4 is still broken and overpowered.  It essentially gives a pilot 100+ AP / sec and no single module should ever give that much benefit for a single leg slot.

Second, the armor rep tuning nerf was overdone and has essentially killed all rep tanking (ERP or non-ERP based tanks) and should be fixed pronto.

Third, my mk2 kain now has 2 out of 3 useless bonuses so now they are all mothballed.  Plus you guys killed short range high dps fit (numquol ammo dps nerfed) so it's really no fun to play numquol anymore.  Why fit/be the same as everyone elses cookie cutter set-ups?

I'm off playing green bots while the getting is good (for at least a few months hopefully) before you guys ruin them as well.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

To stick to the original topic of the thread, perhaps, when there was an influx of new players, the Devs realised that the balance was completely screwed and favoured veteran players far too much, and fingers crossed they will continue to balance stuff. The power gap between anything else and T4 is still far too large, and the ten level skill system obviously allows for more imbalance than the five level skill system it was "inspired by". As for bots themselves, the same problems exist, and if you seriously believe that one guy in a Heavy Mech shouldn't die to 7+ guys in pretty much anything (given enough time to kill him) then I really don't know what to say to you.

But shouldn't the power gap between new t1 fitted players and vet t4 fitted players be substantial?

In the holy trinity of EP/Gear/Experience, the T4 fitted Vet should dominate in all 3.

Any (2) legs on the tree should make a fight at least interesting, but if you come up against someone with all 3 it should be a rofl-stomp.

Well that is the issue, and what makes balancing so tricky, EP and Gear should give an edge without being too overpowering. If they are overpowering, then experience, or tactical awareness become irrelevent. Tactical awareness is one area where reasonably new players can compete with "some" older players if they have put some effort in to learn how PvP works, but if the gear gap is too large they don't get the chance to use it.

95 (edited by Medved 2011-08-30 11:13:16)

This not counter-strike with short rounds or any-stupid-mmo-x1kk-pvp-server. Remember about ecenomic, time spent, etc. I cant just run away from per to ur eve, form corp, complete level 0 missions and start to hunt down Titans in lowsec.
Newbies must suffer. Want to make game more friendly to novices? Make it not by nerfing oldfags. If im spending year in game and billion nic i want to see my benefits. Not +0.002% hurr durr dps, but well tanked big mech with mastercrafted weapon and armor.
If devs dont give this oldfag feeling to us, vet would leave the game. After month or two neewbies would leave too coz them dont want to reach crap endgame.

Enjoy ur sandbox, and enjoy ur %islandname% while u can.

96 (edited by Annihilator 2011-08-30 12:01:20)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

As I've said before... the ERP module t1 or t4 is still broken and overpowered.  It essentially gives a pilot 100+ AP / sec and no single module should ever give that much benefit for a single leg slot.

What can you do with this power? 100+AP/Sec means he is also loosing 140+ HP/Sec. (minimum if incomming damage is just the ERPs most effective one)
without repair you are dead in 10-20s when you are recieving THAT much damage,

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Second, the armor rep tuning nerf was overdone and has essentially killed all rep tanking (ERP or non-ERP based tanks) and should be fixed pronto.

thats true

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Third, my mk2 kain now has 2 out of 3 useless bonuses so now they are all mothballed.  Plus you guys killed short range high dps fit (numquol ammo dps nerfed) so it's really no fun to play numquol anymore.  Why fit/be the same as everyone elses cookie cutter set-ups?

Nuimquol is the last remaining faction that can effectively use ERP, while still beeing the fastest, accumulator bonus + crit now on your tunings + no range-reduction on composite ammo means you can hit and run with EM guns, fall back, repair fast and hit again.

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I'm off playing green bots while the getting is good (for at least a few months hopefully) before you guys ruin them as well.

I thought greens suck? at least thats what the forum propaganda says...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Troiar Mk2 is a beast when you have level 10 extensions.

Medved wrote:

This not counter-strike with short rounds or any-stupid-mmo-x1kk-pvp-server. Remember about ecenomic, time spent, etc. I cant just run away from per to ur eve, form corp, complete level 0 missions and start to hunt down Titans in lowsec.
Newbies must suffer. Want to make game more friendly to novices? Make it not by nerfing oldfags. If im spending year in game and billion nic i want to see my benefits. Not +0.002% hurr durr dps, but well tanked big mech with mastercrafted weapon and armor.
If devs dont give this oldfag feeling to us, vet would leave the game. After month or two neewbies would leave too coz them dont want to reach crap endgame.

I've already said that to Hunter in other thread he raised. Go meet some young thugs alone and tell em you're old and big and mastered in martial arts etc and then just try to tank theyr bats and knuckles.

What does that mean? No matter how much time and nics and eps did you spent - if you're going solo against a group, there is not so much difference. Piloting may help, but thats your skills that can't be balanced.

Also: i you just want t say you're oldvet, maybe it will be much easy to implement some golden borders around your nick than change balance special for you.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Mongolia Jones wrote:

... no single module should ever give that much benefit for a single leg slot.

From nowhere...

What else modules should not do?

Again we missing core balance ideas, and saying that something "must be" and something "should not be".

The most valuable idea of this topic is to do something with time\ep\money problem. Because a lot of this valuable resources was wasted after nerfed aspects of the game.

Without any certain expectations there is no reason to specialize on something effective today.

100 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-30 14:58:51)

Maybe that's the way to do it, just specialize in the basic principles - dps, ewar, hps? God knows where the dev's want to go with this.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please