Topic: mob spawn adjustment needed and grouping mechanics...

Currently there seems to be about 6+ people at the assignment mob spawn camps.  The players that have invested heavily into targeting speed and use the sensor amplifier or whatever it is are dominating the camps, leaving the others waiting around struggling to get a shot off.  What should take 15 minutes for a mission max, ends up taking 30-40 minutes, which is ridiculous.  It sure wouldn't hurt to add a few more mobs in each spawn as well, but space them out a little so if a solo player rolls up he wouldn't get insta-raped by a huge cluster of mobs.

Also, can we please have group kills count for everyone in the group?  Last night me and a corpmate were running missions together, and the way it works now is that I would need to tag the mob first in order to get kill credit, then he would need to tag first to get kill credit on his.  It would be nice if all we had to do was kill 1 mob together or even within the same vicinity in order to get credit....isn't that the whole point of grouping up?....to make things easier and go smoother/faster?  Really wish these would be considered.

Re: mob spawn adjustment needed and grouping mechanics...

+1 mob...also why can't we get more missions with a random selection of bots for each mission this will help as not everyone will just rince / repeat one camp.

3 (edited by Zhyntil 2010-11-29 10:30:15)

There are several threads running around about this, the biggest is at; http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ed-target/

There is another current one at; http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … on-points/

About the having to tag to get credit, there was a large thread on (not sure where it is now, would have to go dig), people had told me there that that problem was fixed.
Makes it a real pain when not running a full blown combat toon.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

I don't understand the current grouping system. There is currenlty no advantage to grouping up and doing the objectives together. When we group up as a corp to do harder assasignments we never take the squad option because it feels like we're penalized by taking the squad option for an assignment. If the tags where shared between group mates people would have a reason to group up in an massively MULTIPLAYER online rpg.

I think that if people where able to complete the assignment in a group there would be less demand for the assignment spawns letting the slow lockers finally get a shot in.

I think this is one of the MAJOR issues that need to be looked into.

Now there are mostly a couple hundred players online at a time. I don't want to think what happens when even more are getting into the game.

At this moment it's just impossible to get any combat missions done. As there are duo (or larger) groups camping literally each and every mob spawn point. They pretty much insta lock each new spawn that pops up and kill them within seconds.
These bots are pretty much farming these mob spawns hardcore!

As new player at the moment, it's just a nightmare. You can't get anything done. Except running boring delivery missions and doing some mining. /sigh

/signed

The overload of people at mob spawns makes me not want to log in.

Maybe I need to join a corp and do PVP?