76 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-15 18:59:16)

Re: Any kind of respec available by chance?

Not sure if these suggestion have been mentioned:

1.) only allow 1 tutorial mission per account (this way it's not exploited and would fix the root cause of why the devs patched in 2k EP to delete a character in the first place....)

2.) refund character spent EP to main account pool when that individual character is deleted

This would allow new players to respec.

And it would make veteran players think long and hard about respecing on down the road (because they would have to delete that character (persona/corp configs etc) in order to do so.

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

1) Yes
2) Definitely not. It would basically mean unlimited free respecs for all.

78 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-15 20:28:49)

Ok, then create a new table called "DeletedAgents". Every time someone deletes an Agent, a record goes into that table with their account ID etc.

Cap the # of deletes to once a year, every 6 months, however the devs feel is a good balance.

Once a account tries to delete an agent, you check that table and if a record is in there, they cannot delete the agent.

Every year, 6 months, whatever the table gets wiped.
big_smile

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

Or, they can simply not allow people to respec...holy crap, is this topic still alive?

80 (edited by Voodh 2010-12-17 00:04:41)

Please stop arguing, Foo doesn't want any respec.

81 (edited by Voodh 2010-12-18 09:20:03)

A free respec as chirstmas present would be really great : )

Kraftwerk wrote:

Here is a perfect example of why a respec is needed and why this title will lose subscriptions.

I have specced into lasers heavily to find out they cant hit and LOS is broken so my toon is basically trashed. I am not going to destroy the account but i know that a lot of users would rather play something else then continue to subscribe.

This seems to be more about fixing lasers than respeccing.