Topic: NeX! A corp for corps by corps who love corps!

We have some very strenuous joining requirements.

You must have at least 1 ep. If you have 2 ep, we will be super impressed.

You must be willing to eat the occasional crayon. We like crayons, they're tasty. Purple > Pink > all, flavor wise.

You must loooooove exploding. Also explosions. Pretty much everything. We're newbies and we're fighting gangs of people who have had nothing to do but sit around and fap on a giant pile of time, so we're kinda outclassed. But so what! The losses are cheap, the wins are awesome and we roam roam roam.

Ok, so you can also carebear or mine or build or something, whatever. We're capitalist pigdogs, do what you want. We won't yell at you if all you do is sit there for 24hrs a day and ship spin. And there are pve ops and stuff where people go farm farm farm and they make oodles. Or you can x up for an epi op and make ~fatloads~ my favorite way to pve!

You must not be a *** or super uptight. We're all goofballs, and if you hate fun and laughter you will probably hate us all and then cry tears of star while you shred your wrists with a six bladed razor. We don't want to cause the death of anyone, even by accident, so please be sure to talk to your therapist before applying if you have a case of Internet Robots Is Serious Business Syndrome (IRISBS).

Like, we don't intentionally screw stuff up, but if someone suggests we have a race we're probably gonna drop what we're doing and have a race. The other day we were like THUNDERDOME so we had a bunch of blue on blue action. It's about fun!

Do we get stuff done? Oh yeah. Our internal market is _stocked_. Our pvp is like non stop. We kill mechs with lights! We're boss like that. But if you're like "MINING CTA FOR THE NEXT 8 HRS ALL HANDS ON DECK TITAN AHOY" you're gonna get a lot of middle fingers while we pass around pony pictures.

Oh and you have to not be all angry when people swear. People swear on our teamspeak. It happens, get over it.

What do you get out of it? Uh, good question. I guess a place to hang out and buy stuff cheap and not be part of the Red v Blue mentality that is the rest of the beta part of the server. We're not Red or Blue, we're Purple or more likely brown because we got excited mixing all the colors!

Don't just drop an app though, come hang out in our ts: captobvio.us

It usually has people (and late EST it has me!) and you'll get a good idea if we're for you if you're in there and you like what you hear. And you probably will because if you don't we'll shank you, see what I mean? We've had several server old farts show up once and end up joining because, well, we're fun and we fight a lot and we don't much care if we lose.

If you're ex-EVE even better, because we're the New Eden Exiles and we're from there. So you can be like "Oh hey remember stEVE?" And we'll be like "CURSE YOU HILMAAAAAAR". Which, really, explains how we can get anything done without us being all serious business.

Also we're friends with TOG (for the olds) and War Dec (for the ~elitepvp~) so if you want a different environment but still like roaming with us you can probably join them.

Re: NeX! A corp for corps by corps who love corps!

I'm busy, really busy, teaching important things to important children at my important high school, and I was Googling something and Twittering something, and they combined somehow and I got this post.  Very cool.

That is all.

NEX: we're on your internets, toppin your search results!

http://grahamten.files.wordpress.com/20 … g-cat3.jpg

NEX: We're not in this picture.

We are still here, out to have fun, and look really cool while we do it.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

6 (edited by AeonThePiglet 2011-09-08 21:57:50)

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/ … &h=405

We wish we were that cool!

But this is more our style:
http://www.hipsterkitty.com/wp-content/ … robbed.jpg

I would have shopped in Alsbale, but that would be too mainstream.

Oh hell, here are some real details on NEX, even if it goes against my belief that the best recruiting post is a surreal one.

We're EVE refugees, we live on Alsbale, we helped set up our own alliance rather than join Wham or Ret. We're known for having a low fuss environment (screaming at people for *** is LOLNO BAN) without much in the way of srs bznz. PVE is cool, but we ask that you donate the occasional thing to help pay the bills. We love miners and since we're on Alsbale we've got epi fields to hit all over the place. It's P boss and we love the easy money from selling the stuff -- oh right, unlike some beta groups we're totally chill with selling to the alpha guys, we think supporting the market is awesome and we do what we can to pimp it out. We've also got loads of nice cts available from our own guys and from friends in other corps, so if you want to build srsly pimp stuff with epi in a quality beta facility without having to put up with communism, uh, we're the dudes to talk to.

We mostly fly light class bots (ewar, assaults, lights) we fight loads and we lose loads. Because we're the weakest and newest alliance, everyone loves roaming us for easier kills. Which is cool, because it means we don't have to walk as far for a fight! So while most of our beta is safe most of the time, you're always gonna need to keep your eyes peeled for attackers. Mobile tp plus some eyes out and you're generally totally safe doing whatever. We do have a strong mech contingent for major ops, but that ish doesn't get rolled out often. You can bring one if you want for d gangs or roams, it's cool, but don't expect to see a full mech force all day erryday.

We do sell discount bots for pvpers, but don't expect reimbursement. We're not that kind of corp. We're capitalists! So the taxes are low and for providing services like station cans, and the rest is up to you. We _do_ have a special pvper program where you can donate epi regularly in return for seriously cheap bots, but that's entirely voluntary. 

If you think PVP means "Push butan, ride down the low sp newbies!" you will not like NEX. If you think pvp means "My enemies have more sp, more money, more experience, BALLS OUT ENGAGE" you will love NEX.

Or if you don't like pvp at all. We're not hardcore about people moving to beta, so plenty of our guys chill on Shinj, play with the market and missions, and generally just chat and hang out. That's fine. We're not about forcing you to play the game our way; we're about hanging out with people to play a game together in all our various and delicious ways. If that's what you want, then send us a message or drop an app.