Re: What can a new player do in PVP? (Also fittings we used!)

Syndic wrote:

As for S Demobs... 150m T4 range + 30% from LR EW extension + ~25% EW NEXUS + 15% Range Extender and + (OPTIONAL) Mk2 EW optimal range increase... You'd be suprised. lol

Add a +50% signal masker + 20% from extension on a ewar light you get 234 masking value.

smile

I noticed a lot of acc drain from the masker I was running.

Can low EP players support a masker and still have acc to fight with? It would be highly useful, the longer you can remain off the radar the more options you have.

That is pure theorycraft, and besides putting masker on the primary tackle is fail in itself. wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

29 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-08-17 23:19:06)

Juan Valdez wrote:

Ugh, I always forget to swap back to Piglet. Derp.

Coordination, teamwork, and persistence, we have new guys in our squads, and they have an awesome time, you can do this using some of the fits mentioned in this thread. That's new guys too.

http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=5285

When your enemy has to rat in heavy mechs just to *feel* safe, you know you're being effective using these ideals.

Mara Kaid wrote:

Coordination, teamwork, and persistence, we have new guys in our squads, and they have an awesome time, you can do this using some of the fits mentioned in this thread. That's new guys too.

http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=5285

When your enemy has to rat in heavy mechs just to *feel* safe, you know you're being effective using these ideals.

Oh yes, everyone who rats in heavy mechs is afraid of the great lolpirate, has absolutely nothing to do with maximum DPS output. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

31 (edited by Hugh Ruka 2011-08-18 07:49:07)

crap ... posted before reading newer posts ... sorry Syndic ... at least now you start making sense ...

Mara Kaid wrote:

Oh, please, go ahead and do indulge us on the guarded secret of an more efficient way to farm mech/h-mech spawns other than doing it in h-mechs roll

I think they use tactics great zapp brannigan used against killbots, they just keep throwing more and more their bots at the rat spawn in hopes the npc kill counter will reach maximum and they'll just stop attacking. I see they practice this tactics every day when they visit nova...
/twirl

Speaking as someone who was a total PvP noob coming into perp, and yet somehow has managed to be less so a month and a half later (I blame Aeon!) I will agree that newbs can be good at PvP. You don't even need EWAR bots. Light bots fitted for tackle / scouting, as well as assaults fit for DPS, can actually put out pretty impressive results even on those of us with little NIC and even less EP.

And while Syndic may be an unmitigated *** almost everywhere else, at least he knows how to fit bots.

Biggest thing newbies interested in PvP need to focus on is getting into PvP, though. Everything else comes as you start doing that.

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!