Topic: Lenght of day/night cycle

The time when full sunlight shines seems to be so short compared to the darker times. There is excellent art and great vistas when the sun is out but they can't be seen for alot of the time.
  My idea would be a longer daylight cycle then the gloomier darker cycles. We'd be able to see some more of the artists good work.

Re: Lenght of day/night cycle

3 hours per day. Light depends on Nia Local Time (NLT) 500 = Noon 1000/0 = Midnight.

I prefer the variety, but I agree that the game tends to look much better during the day. What I'd like to see is an improvement to the other times. More spectacular sunrises/sets, and much more interesting night lighting. In "rural" areas: brighter stars, brighter moonlight, and have glowy plants actually cast light on the ground and nearby objects. In "urban" areas: signal lights at high points of major buildings, floodlighting for highways and major open spaces (arena-like spots and around terminals/teleports). Lights for bots would be cool, too (on/off switch, ofc): general blinky bits, and maybe a spotlight that aims with the camera.

Basically, the problem with the dark times is that they're just plain old dark, not interesting dark.

Arilou wrote:

I prefer the variety, but I agree that the game tends to look much better during the day. What I'd like to see is an improvement to the other times. More spectacular sunrises/sets, and much more interesting night lighting. In "rural" areas: brighter stars, brighter moonlight, and have glowy plants actually cast light on the ground and nearby objects. In "urban" areas: signal lights at high points of major buildings, floodlighting for highways and major open spaces (arena-like spots and around terminals/teleports). Lights for bots would be cool, too (on/off switch, ofc): general blinky bits, and maybe a spotlight that aims with the camera.

Basically, the problem with the dark times is that they're just plain old dark, not interesting dark.

+1
oh how I wish to sit under the stars with a sexy kain beside me and watch shooting stars off the beach of norhoop big_smile

weather effects account for much of this ... I've seen fog (or similar) yesterday and it freaked me out (wonderfull).

however I do agree that sunlight should be available in larger quantities. the game is horribly low contrast otherwise.

Arilou wrote:

I am all for blinking bots... can't see my bot clearly during some weather/daytime combinations.

7 (edited by Alexander 2011-08-17 10:48:52)

NLT 0 = Midnight, dark.
NLT 200 = Morning, dawn.
NLT 500 = Noon, bright
NLT 800 = Evening, dusk.

Weather should fade more slowly. Clear, cloudy/overcast, light fog, heavy fog.

Weather should change from one to another slowly over stages. So if it's current heavy fog it can only transition to light fog but will have 50% change to do so. So it could stay heavy fog for a long time. Then light fog to heavy should be a 40% chance. Etc..

No more "Oh it's clear.." *Screen flickers* "What the heck?!"

No matter when and how long there will be darkness; just gimme a goddamn flashlight!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086