Re: Faction Mission Ammo

The point is not that it can't be done Aeon. The point is that the current system makes little sense at all.

I don't want to run industrial missions just to get some ammo for PvP. Thats like asking an industrial player to run combat missions so they can get a Lithus/Rivaler.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Back before the kernel nerf and plasma introduction kernals were a NPC buy order and were noticably higher priced on Beta terminals. So much so that you were almost insane to not work out a 10% deal with a beta agent on the price for either safe passage or have them mule them for you. This was when people lost the intrest in owning beta, there still is no "big" benefit to having a outpost/island other than epi, higher tier kernals and the love of pvp, all of which can be done from a plush Alpha terminal. If 'PVP' ammo is to become easier to aquire it should be done in a beta terminal. I'm sorry if your a small indy alpha corp and want some crypto, why do you want crypto any way use chemical, or ask the owners of that station to cough some up. This could increase trade/market, I know the old Doom alliance had a no selling magnadarts rule inplace. Besides I think there are 2 types of ammo that are considered pvp ammo for all 3 factions. Choose one and make it the beta only one its almost like that anyhow.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

28 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-19 15:44:38)

I have no problem doing this on beta... the problem is I have to use a Sequer, not my combat bot for a combat reward.

Sundial wrote:

I have no problem doing this on beta... the problem is I have to use a Sequer, not my combat bot for a combat reward.

You can just do the combat missions to get ammo rewards...

Rico Rage wrote:

This is a different topic entirely though, and I'd hate to lose this discussion within this thread, so maybe I'll start a new thread with ideas on how to merge the PvP and PvE populations within the game.

Agreed. Sorry, folks!

On topic, I hold to the idea that the best of the best equipment should (a) not be sourced at all in Alpha, and (b) not even be usable on Alpha. ("a" at least) As regards ammo, this could leave assignments as the sole source, but they'd be Beta assignments only. Maybe divide the faction ammo into 1st and 2nd tier and just have the very best on Beta, the lesser stuff in Alpha.

Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Only light ammo, not medium.

Twinkie wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Only light ammo, not medium.

huh?
lvl4+ missions give medium...

33 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-22 04:35:11)

Ok, you are right.

I still think the current system sucks lol

yeh, I hate it atm. Almost impossible to actually get any of this ammo.
I like the CT idea someone mentioned on the last page

35 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-03 06:36:07)

Yay, losing 80 masking/detection sequers on beta just for a measley 40 ammo a pop!

The risk/reward is out of wack on the beta missions.

I should get a minimum of 100 ammo a run (seriously though, should be 200 or greater). I don't care if they give NIC, just give more more ammo for the risk I am taking!

Why is there no other way to aquire this?

I have the rep, I should be able to buy it or at least be rewarded with more than 40 missles.

Sundial wrote:

Yay, losing 80 masking/detection sequers on beta just for a measley 40 ammo a pop!

I should get a minimum of 100 ammo a run (seriously though, should be 200 or greater). I don't care if they give NIC, just give more more ammo for the risk I am taking!

I have the rep, I should be able to buy it or at least be rewarded with more than 40 missles.

There is. Observer Stashes from artifact scanning give faction ammo too. Roughly a few hundred rounds/missiles if i'm not wrong.

Error wrote:
Sundial wrote:

There is. Observer Stashes from artifact scanning give faction ammo too. Roughly a few hundred rounds/missiles if i'm not wrong.

This works to, however in my opinion the amount of ammo provided from the missions is gimp and totally out of line with risk/reward of doing it on beta. I should not have to grind an entire day to get a few reloads of missles, which is what I currently am doing.

Two words...PVP Mining Ammo big_smile

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

09:29 < GLiMPSE> i stopped seriously playing after i realised how much time i'd have to spend to get heat IX now that uncle styx wasnt *** it all over corp storage

Faction mission ammo, driving people away from the game....

Dont shoot inside your hangar and FMA wouldnt drive you away smile Go outside.

Enjoy ur sandbox, and enjoy ur %islandname% while u can.

Sundial wrote:

Me thinks that you should be able to wave your NIC reward in-favor of a larger pile of PVP ammo... yeah 40 isn't even gonna load one laser up i gotta run 18 missions to get my bapho a full load?? OMFG roll who wants to mission with me I'll give you the nic i make for the ammo you get.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

don't you guys forget something?

its called "special ammo", it has advantages over regular ammo. If you could load up all your bots for every roam and npc'ing with enough of it by running one or two missions then its nothing special anymore.

IMHO there is to much of it around already.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

PvPing requires very little ammo.
NPCing requires lots of ammo.

PVP should use agent ammo.
NPCing should use mass produceable ammo.

Simples.

44 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-07 16:21:08)

Alexander wrote:

PvPing requires very little ammo.
NPCing requires lots of ammo.

PVP should use agent ammo.
NPCing should use mass produceable ammo.

Simples.

To get 2 full clips of medium Heat-IX, I grinded 4 hours. You don't PvP with the stuff, you save it for intrusions etc. Its just too time consuming to PvP with.

I am not willing to grind 4+ hours for every mech roam I go on.

Yet the small heat-IX is in abundant quantities and is simple to obtain. The missions for it reward even more of it, and can be chained together in a "triangle" like manner.

Some of the missions for medium heat-ix require a lithus in beta lol

The risk/reward is out of whack. Beta missions should reward more, not less.

45 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-07 16:42:05)

Annihilator wrote:

don't you guys forget something?

its called "special ammo", it has advantages over regular ammo. If you could load up all your bots for every roam and npc'ing with enough of it by running one or two missions then its nothing special anymore.

IMHO there is to much of it around already.

Enough as in 1-2 reloads per 30+ minute mission instead of 4+ hours?

I might add with the new intrusion system, intrusions are EVERY SINGLE DAY. Grind 4+ hours a day for Heat-IX? No, I would quit before I did that.

again - does your pvp not work without the special ammo?
does your opponent do something different then you? Does he gain more of that ammo in a shorter time then you, with less effort?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

again - does your pvp not work without the special ammo?
does your opponent do something different then you? Does he gain more of that ammo in a shorter time then you, with less effort?

No, its a huge pain no matter how one does it, teleports, lithus, etc. And the different bots are balanced around this kind of ammo in PvP.

If I don't get it, I am at a significant disadvantage. 100m+ range difference with launchers and extenders.

The missions are not well ballanced. The alpha missions reward more ammo in a shorter time with no risk, where the beta missions reward less ammo is more time with high risk.

That is not ballanced.

The amount of ammo you get is pretty crap now, I was saying that to someone else too. But it's still not inaccessible or difficult to get. You're at no more a disadvantage than the next person, so that's a moot point.

But I do agree, missions should offer a little bit more ammo. Perhaps when we see more of those missions revamps we'll be in luck.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Grim Faust wrote:

The amount of ammo you get is pretty crap now, I was saying that to someone else too. But it's still not inaccessible or difficult to get. You're at no more a disadvantage than the next person, so that's a moot point.

But I do agree, missions should offer a little bit more ammo. Perhaps when we see more of those missions revamps we'll be in luck.

You know I am not talking missions for light Heat-IX/agent ammo right? Those are fine, I can get 2K plus ammo in a few hours with a single sequer.

Problem is the medium agent ammo.

Once the outposts become occupied, the number of beta missions will increase and ammo 'could' become more available. Or, as another opportunity for trade, to allow Alpha mission runners to do beta missions around the outpost for a cut of the ammo reward, or at least to put that ammo up for sale in the outposts.

I'm not sure its a good idea to try to balance Med faction ammo to the current situation, which is low server population. When non-combat players run missions, the ammo is available, right now only combat troops are really using the missions on beta, and they can use that ammo.