Re: Respawning Observers

Unfortunately our 1 prototyper has been maxxed out for quite a while - well, apart from T4 medium remote repairers, which we're still working on - since before the Great War.

Good try tho, should have picked someone other then Predator to impersonate; he's been with us since '99 and actually is the guy who owns the proto account. lol

I do think this qualifies accusation of exploiting, but hey it's not like we expected M2S to think in a different way or learn from past mistakes. It is only less gear after all. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

hopefully you'll use some more intelligent approach to spying this time :>

To accuse you means that you did not already admit to it on the forums.

Syndic wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Yay for free no-effort complete tech tree for the whole server... big_smile

I don't know what observers you're talking about, the ones i've seen are like this. They either die and don't respawn, or they die and respawn once, or sometimes, they will die and respawn an extra time. I had a superior observer spawn 50m from me, on my head.

I'm talking about bugged observers that you continually kill for 20+ times with instant-respawns after death. hmm Broken mechanic is broken, but to be honest this feels intended to satisfy the ADD crowd that can't be arsed to grind kernels. Bugs of this magnitude are usually fixed instantly, we're on day 6 after it's been reported.

At least some of us will have plenty of observer-kernels to insta-aquire whatever new modules are added in the game. lol

Try me, I am actually new to CIR big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Worst way to burn a spy ever. Thanks for entertainment lol

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

May I suggest photobucket for your image hosting needs next time :>

Insurance, dupe bug, and now this.

You do realize that this will just take up DEV time.

They will clean this mess, like they always do, with sledge hammer.

But that time will be time away from actually developing the game.

sad

Siddy wrote:

How can that be anyone elses fault but the devs?

They've created the problem, un-intentionally of course, it's just the nature of development, but any extra time they must spend to clean up their house and correct bugs which have got in is in no way the customers fault.

Not only that, the instant they were discovered they could have spend 60 seconds making a sticky to declare it an exploit.... they did not..   so any extra crap they have to clean up is purly their own responsibility.

Unless of course they have already given up on the idea of making any effort what so ever.

59 (edited by Siddy 2011-08-09 15:37:01)

Snowman wrote:
Siddy wrote:

They've created the problem, un-intentionally of course, it's just the nature of development, but any extra time they must spend to clean up their house and correct bugs which have got in is in no way the customers fault.

Not only that, the instant they were discovered they could have spend 60 seconds making a sticky to declare it an exploit.... they did not..   so any extra crap they have to clean up is purly their own responsibility.

Unless of course they have already given up on the idea of making any effort what so ever.

Well, remember that time when insurance worked as 'intended'?

I bet there should be some braincells in anyone's brain that can actually subscribe to this game that PERHAPS a non-stop high value NPC, that can yield you untold riches, might not be intended?

Yes, the bug is not customers fault, but i think there is article somewhere that prohibits of exploiting such phenomena. Ignoring that article and going on regardless, however, is fully on the customers shoulders.

There is way and place to report bugs, and the way syndic did it, in general forums after subtle implications of tech tree completions, is not the way.
It will create jealousy and drama for people who did not manage to profit from this.
Leading to witch hunt.

I think the forum troll of syndics caliber would not make this mistake by accident. He wanted to create drama and maybe got more than he bargained for.

Now, all we can do is speculate of who did what and how much.

hahahaHAHAHAhaha

hypocrite much, Styxdic does.....

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

So everyone else got into the drama bandwagon and went "yeah we had this too, this should be fixed".

Syndic, you manipulator you!!! I mad.

I can tell you exactely how much CIR profited:

- We farmed around 30ish Observer kernels from from obs spawning around Danarchov. Those were blue observer kernels btw, and we have finished the blue true for quite some time.

- I also traded Purgatory 30 blue Observer Mech kernels for 30 red ones. Those 30 were however already in our storage from way before that.

Devs are free to verify this information and act accordingly should they find out different shenanigans took place, as I'm sure you won't believe me smile

I bet there should be some braincells in anyone's brain that can actually subscribe to this game that PERHAPS a non-stop high value NPC, that can yield you untold riches, might not be intended?

You mean like making many off of blowing up bots? And it's really stretching to compare a known duper who did nothing to report any kind of bug to this situation. And if you look at the corp tag of the people making the accusation...really? But yeah of course, NONE of you had ANY idea what Styx was doing. lol.

"Zoh Noes CIR got 30 Blue Observer mech kernels, then reported it on forums that there was a problem!!!"

We need all need to be banned obviously.

Stop burning failspies and trying so hard it's getting really really sad. wink

Predator Nova wrote:

You mean like making many off of blowing up bots? And it's really stretching to compare a known duper who did nothing to report any kind of bug to this situation. And if you look at the corp tag of the people making the accusation...really? But yeah of course, NONE of you had ANY idea what Styx was doing. lol.

"Zoh Noes CIR got 30 Blue Observer mech kernels, then reported it on forums that there was a problem!!!"

We need all need to be banned obviously.

First of all, how does this refute my argument about the EULA?

Second, why are you implying? The insurance thing was done by the book, don't make me open old wounds, you will lose that argument.

Are all my arguments regarding this topic invalid just because my M2S tag?

Brilliant rhetoric, sir.

If you have some evidence to add that devs missed, you know how to contact devs. I, however, did not criticize or acuse CIR for exploiting. I merely stated criticism about the way syndic decided to word his post, and about the "customer blame" poo-post snowman vomited.  I dear you to even begin argue your point about the validity fore mentioned two.

Siddy wrote:

First of all, how does this refute my argument about the EULA?

Second, why are you implying? The insurance thing was done by the book, don't make me open old wounds, you will lose that argument.

Are all my arguments regarding this topic invalid just because my M2S tag?

Brilliant rhetoric, sir.

If you have some evidence to add that devs missed, you know how to contact devs. I, however, did not criticize or accuse CIR for exploiting. I merely stated criticism about the way syndic decided to word his post, and about the "customer blame" poo-post snowman vomited.  I dear you to even begin argue your point about the validity fore mentioned two.

I never said it did refute anything, just that it's very interesting how M2S seems to be trying so hard to get CIR for any wrong doing. Maybe not you personally, but you don't have to look far to see people in your corp who do and try so very hard, like mr failspy aka Kamikazie aka "let me poast failshops on my personal domain" for example.

As far as anything you say being invalid because of M2S tag, nope it's not but it's hard to stay objective these days wink. Just look around the forums. Anything that CIR says is automatically trolled, no matter how valid. If any other corp had reported this the responses from the likes of "Mrs" Kaid would have been vastly different, guaranteed.

As for Snow, well he is a man who likes his wine, what can I say.

So yeah again - CIR killed some observers that kept respawning right outside the outpost, then reported it when nobody else would. Go ahead and ban us for it lol.

65 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-09 18:26:57)

I don't know what game you guys are talking about anymore, but it's not Perpetuum.

wtb beta test server. Give you guys somewhere to play what it is you obviously want to.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

It's a game.  Argue less about it in forums and log into it to shoot each other more.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I didn't see the spawn rate changed on the patch notes. Either its working as intended or they havn't figured out why it's happening; or forgot to note it.

Since they changed the spawning on your head thing, this is going to have the effect of making them spawn outside of radar range. So I think the respawning instantly is intended, but they fixed it so you'll have to now move and look for them after killing it.

Arga wrote:

I didn't see the spawn rate changed on the patch notes. Either its working as intended or they havn't figured out why it's happening; or forgot to note it.

Since they changed the spawning on your head thing, this is going to have the effect of making them spawn outside of radar range. So I think the respawning instantly is intended, but they fixed it so you'll have to now move and look for them after killing it.

So far it seems fixed. We had a bunch of observers on Danarchov - around 8 but after killing them off it's been quiet for a good while now.

2k is not outside of radar range you know...

with little extensions a mech or light bot with a detector can see other mechs or heavy mechs at 2450 m (~5km detection diameter) and run ~90kph

most beta islands got an average diameter of 19km - think that is easy to cover with a few detector scouts.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ok, outside the 'casual' radar limit. The 'broken' part was being able to chain-kill the spawn while all you really wanted was the area to be cleared. If a group is actively out hunting SO (superior Observers) they will still be able to do so, but with more effort.

but Predator has noted here that the respawn rate also seems to have been reduced/fixed too.

Siddy wrote:
Snowman wrote:
Siddy wrote:

Yes, the bug is not customers fault, but i think there is article somewhere that prohibits of exploiting such phenomena. Ignoring that article and going on regardless, however, is fully on the customers shoulders.

I think you've mis-understood me, or maybe Ive misunderstood your point.

It appeared like you were saying that dev's should NOT track down, clean up and punish exploiting purely because it takes time away from doing other 'important stuff', and that somehow the community should not make a fuss about it because it makes them responsible for such delays.

I completly agree that the exploiter is responsible for his actions.

If you really want to have this put into perspective, and I realize its an extreme one..

Our country, UK, right now is being laid siege upon by gangs of criminals.  why?  Just because they can!  It all started off in one place.. and the police and the government hardly did a thing about it... 

seeing that the authorities did nothing about it has encouraged it and now has spread to the entire country.

So, yes, you are right, those criminals (exploiters) are aware and are responsible for their actions  but if the authorities (devs) take a weak, indecisive "havnt got the time" attitude then they are directly responsible for the after math.

72 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-10 15:06:57)

Snowman wrote:

Our country, UK, right now is being laid siege upon by gangs of criminals.  why?  Just because they can!  It all started off in one place.. and the police and the government hardly did a thing about it...

But if it weren't for this, sheer genius in your govt couldn't be paraphrased to say "No, we can cut the police budget, don't let criminnality make you think we can't."

(that woman needs stringing up, valium, or both)

/endderail

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

. Anything that CIR says is automatically trolled, no matter how valid. If any other corp had reported this the responses from the likes of "Mrs" Kaid would have been vastly different, guaranteed.

I reported this in general chat a full 24 hours before styxdic made the post, when my seth got blown up by an instantly respawning observer, and was greeted with the response in general by your alliance mates of "Don't tell the devs about instantly respawning observers"

Full. 24. hours.

I wonder how many chain spawns you can kill in 24 hours? But to be honest, styxdic and cir probaly werent chain killing observers very much, but they got real worried when they thought others might be. I mean... how would they win if their opponents somehow managed to have equal production capacity?!

74 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-10 15:59:31)

Well good job, you got trolled on gen chat and didn't post it on the forums.
For. Full. 24. Hours.

Good job soldier!

i.e the Devs already knew, which means styxdic post was nothing but spin or an attempt to scare people into not farming those observer kernels.

Do try to keep with the discussion norrdec.