Topic: EVE players still here?

Just curious, are the EVE players that started playing PO a few weeks ago still around or have they gone back to EVE?

Re: EVE players still here?

NEX was primarily formed by Ex-EVE players and they seem to still be going strong.
Notably some of the new players don't always stay around because you can't make everyone happy but game retention is high.

The market seems to be picking up and the average player is able to play the way they want to. More changes are coming soon and I really hope new players too.

Yes there are a large number of people here that either currently do or previously have played EVE.  There's also at least one persom who plays Colossal Cave Adventure.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Retention of players will never be 100% not even 80% but there are many ex-eve players around. I came from a silent  'wave' of eve players back when Perp launched.

AV seems like a good bunch of hard working dedicated guys and they have consistently delivered good solid content since release and there is a lot more to come.

RIP PERPETUUM

Still here.  big_smile

I like to think of them as Perpetuum players with Eve experience, but maybe they see themselves differently smile

Arga wrote:

I like to think of them as Perpetuum players with Eve experience

Very diplomatic, I like big_smile

yes, one ex-EVE reporting !!!

btw the game reminds me of EVE when I started in 2005 (minus the trains of sequers) :-) the population is lower but so is the available space. same level of content and much better DEV support.

Ex Eve dude still here! I just left my Eve names behind with the rest my Eve baggage!:D

Caribdis wrote:

Ex Eve dude still here! I just left my Eve names behind with the rest my Eve baggage!:D

Arrrgh!  It's a stEVE dev spai!!!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Still here, still enjoying it.

Still here now with 4 accounts

Just started! Ex-Eve player, though I haven't played eve properly for the last, er 2years or so..

still here myself and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon just waiting on my eve subs to run out and i'll be done with it probably for good

15 (edited by Segreto 2011-09-01 17:44:22)

Going back to Eve now is like going back to McDonald's after them having served you their unispired food for 7 years and then finally serving you an e coli laced burger.  No thanks.  I will stick around here.  The menu is not as big, but the service is great, the place looks nice,  and the menu keeps growing.

I've been in recovery from my EVE addiction for a year now and I think I've found a new game to get addicted to. As long as the Devs do what I tell them, all will be fine wink

still here, and still enjoying smile

Ex-Eve player here, seeing how the game is... seems pretty cool after an evening of playing, but from what I've heard there aren't very many people playing...

ElectroPulse wrote:

Ex-Eve player here, seeing how the game is... seems pretty cool after an evening of playing, but from what I've heard there aren't very many people playing...

Server population is a bit low at the moment however it will improve. The Devs have built what I consider a good foundation for this game and if they continue to change and listen to the player base the game will grow.

Inappropriate signature.

IM still active in EVE, been playin since 04..  Just found Perpetuum and hey yea i like big_smile   Trouble is ,  do i abandon my well served toon in eve ?  It would be like putting a loyal dog to sleep coz i want a new puppy.

The Blackhand wrote:

IM still active in EVE, been playin since 04..  Just found Perpetuum and hey yea i like big_smile   Trouble is ,  do i abandon my well served toon in eve ?  It would be like putting a loyal dog to sleep coz i want a new puppy.

Most vets play eve because its free for them, if not they would have been all here tongue Anyways StEVE is on damage control and losing players,this is the future sandbox mmo.

RIP PERPETUUM

Still playing eve (not same name though, toons gone a while back heh) and just subbed here as well after playing for a day. Like the game quite a bit and as for eve I will be using the isk to fund the game and keep skilling in case I ever want to go back tongue

23 (edited by Unionjack 2011-10-13 02:06:39)

Nautix wrote:

Still playing eve (not same name though, toons gone a while back heh) and just subbed here as well after playing for a day. Like the game quite a bit and as for eve I will be using the isk to fund the game and keep skilling in case I ever want to go back tongue

very wise

but like many quit eve for this game.. its land based where terrain matters and therefore player skills shine

ps.. edited for many typo's

Nautix wrote:

In the other game they did too, just different kind of skills.
I personally moved over to this game because it had all the aspects I loved about EvE, however it lets me experience the things is missed like: land based combat, wasd control, Mechs and Robots and so on...

Put together both are enjoyable in its own way but after 5 years of EvE I became a little bored of it as well heh.