Topic: Why must my launcher cycle through 0 ammo instead of reloading

I'm not sure how the internal mechanics of ammunition/firing works, but this is worth a shot.

From visual indicators, it appears that the module 'fires', the ammo counter is lowered, the recharge cycle begins.  So a normal cycle right now is: Fire last shot, counter goes to 0, recharge cycle occurs. 

If that's the way it works, I would think it would be possible to incorporate a check for 0 ammo right after the counter is decreased.  If 0 ammo is found, then the auto-reload could start instead of the recharge cycle.

Re: Why must my launcher cycle through 0 ammo instead of reloading

The weapon has to cool down before you go shoving new material into it, or risk overhead discharge of the ammunition, or other jamming.

Though when the weapon reaches zero and does not have a firing cycle queued (i.e. the target just died) it should also reload automatically once the cooldown cycle completes.

3 (edited by Xyberviri 2011-08-04 16:29:25)

yeah i find lately i been disabling the automatic firing  and just focused on the trigger each weapon method, you save allot of ammo that way too.

I remapped my individual weapon keys to be close to my movment so i could trigger them more efficently.

I also have E bound to reload.

I think a better question is why do my weapons insist on cycling when they didn't fire because the target is not locked yet..  (Try it, fire at a primary and then start locking a new target and set it as primary, your guns wont fire because the target is not locked, but they wont stop cycling.. I usually get 2 cycles in before I have a lock)

Most likely from a lore perspective: There most likely is some sort of fail safe built into the fire control on the weapon itself, since there designed to be swapped in and out the signal to fire and target information are most likely sent to the weapon, when it detects theres no target information it probally jams.

at least that sounds lorey enough. lol