Topic: New reset system

I would like to raise some questions about new reset system.

First, what will happen if you downgrade an extension to lvl 0, will you get your NICs back?
Second, if you change your attributes will your extensions recalculate so you could get some extra post-optimized EP?
Third, its something I asked in a blog's comment, what if someone raises number of production lines/market orders puts something to produce/sell and downgrades is right after?

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Re: New reset system

Dan wrote:

I would like to raise some questions about new reset system.

First, what will happen if you downgrade an extension to lvl 0, will you get your NICs back?

Bump

Since no-one wants to start a discussion, I'll just argue with myself cool

Ad. 1) Since people want to get rid of some extensions they already tried I wouldn't give NICs spent on that extension back.

Ad. 2) I would like to see that kind of system. It would help optimizing your current extensions.

Ad. 3) I wouldn't allow people to downgrade this extensions like Marketing/purchasing below the level of how many offers you have on a market atm, i.e.: You have 10 sells on a market and basic marketing lvl 5 and advanced marketing lvl 1, you can downgrade basic marketing by one lvl to lvl 4 but you can't do it for advanced marketing since your maximum orders will be 6 and you still have 10 sell orders on a market.

Do you have any other ideas/suggestions?

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

4 (edited by Celebro 2011-08-02 17:32:55)

No nic back on extension lvl 0 sounds fair enough to me.

In regards to Ad.3) I would rather not play with my extension all day though. I would rather have simple but effective system. Like my posts short and to the point tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Dan wrote:

Since no-one wants to start a discussion, I'll just argue with myself cool

When there's no one in the corp channel to harass, I sometimes argue with myself.  Sadly, I usually lose those arguments.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with you, but my opinion really only extends to the first item.  NIC should not be returned after you take an extension to 0.  In fact, it's my opinion that one of the costs of shuffling EP around should be having to purchase extensions at their normal price a second time if you should drop one to 0 and then have the whim to raise it again later.  It'd be a reasonable additional NIC sink...we could use just a few more of those around here.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

i think you wont be able to completely unlearn an extension (lvl1). Thats how i would do it.

also about the market stuff - thats a valid concern, and its probably handled same way as corporation leadership, which cannot change as long as the "new" ceo doesn't have enough EP spent in corp management.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear