26 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-07-27 06:43:40)

Re: Indy Changes: "Replace" Epriton in t1.

Arga wrote:

Again, i have to say that no matter how many modules your producing, the Epitron needs of making heavy mechs so dominates the market that the extra demand for espitium won't even phase it. Remember, you won't need espitium for T1, so only those producing t2-4 will be using epitron, and there's not 1000's of tiered modules being produced on alpha per week, which is what it would take to see any change.

Sure, T1 need no Epriton anymore ... but when the surce of High Quality Recycling is destroyed, you destroy the changs for new players to get into the T2+ production too as they will NEVER have any other source then Beta-sells.

The recycling source is simply a NEED to control the market.
As I allready mentioned:
a) if T1 doesn't give Epriton-Based Materials anymore the extension "High quality Recycling" will be 100% useless
b) Epriton price will skyrock
c) T2+ equip will become un-accessible for anyone not living on Beta lands (no, the rare drobs from NPC don't buffer it).

You want T1 to be new-producer stuff?
-> change the base quality of T1 stuff to 80% ME with 1. Decoders, 100% with 4. Decoders
That's all what is needed!

But don't touch the components!

T1 base ME = 80%
T2 base ME = 65%
T3 base ME = 50%
T4 base ME = 35%
New Producers can be competetive at the T1 market pritty quick while veteran Producer do the T3+ market.

PS: still limit the MAX ME for all items at 100% of corse ^^. So there no 150% T1 ME suddenly wink

Jack Jombardo wrote:

Sure, T1 need no Epriton anymore ... but when the surce of High Quality Recycling is destroyed, you destroy the changs for new players to get into the T2+ production too as they will NEVER have any other source then Beta-sells.

The recycling source is simply a NEED to control the market.
As I allready mentioned:
a) if T1 doesn't give Epriton-Based Materials anymore the extension "High quality Recycling" will be 100% useless
b) Epriton price will skyrock
c) T2+ equip will become un-accessible for anyone not living on Beta lands (no, the rare drobs from NPC don't buffer it).

You want T1 to be new-producer stuff?
-> change the base quality of T1 stuff to 80% ME with 1. Decoders, 100% with 4. Decoders
That's all what is needed!

But don't touch the components!

T1 base ME = 80%
T2 base ME = 65%
T3 base ME = 50%
T4 base ME = 35%
New Producers can be competitive at the T1 market pritty quick while veteran Producer do the T3+ market.

I have to agree with this as its a sound argument, maybe when the game has expanded and there is double or triple the population the market will be stable and they can remove it from NPC drops but i think as of right now its a bad idea.

No irrelevant; atm there are different ways new players can have accces to espitium lets say, so diferent playstyles can beneffit or be useful, removing it form T1 modules will indeed narow the options, never good option for sanbox.

SO roughlly sumarizing: PvE less apealing, no many independent corps supporting it (supossed target of this change), recycling path extensions useless, i dont rlly see the reason this should be implemented...

Alternative change would be to remove Briochit from T1 modules that requires it, or drop a little the cost in espitium for the modules.

Just to point out, anything that "helps" the solo-industrialist to get Espitium on Alpha can be easily exploited by a single-minded corporation on an industrial-scale by sheer application of numbers.

Reference:

Insurance fraud, what happened when insurance was helping new players fund bots and someone decided to work it on industrial-scale.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

30 (edited by Rodger Wilcoe 2011-07-27 09:00:28)

I see people complaining that they cannot make everything in the safety of Alpha islands. Too bad. Alpha islands should in no way be self-sustaining in my opinion, but then again neither should Beta. There should be the constant need for interaction between the islands in one form or another, otherwise things will just stagnate.

Personally as a new player training a character in industry, I welcome this change.

As a method of balance, perhaps change "High Quality Recycling" to raise the percentage across the board.

-why recyle something different than t1 or flawled modules?, no percentages tweak plain useless.
-why make corp operation to exploit recyling if you can get much more proffit with intended game mecanics like beta mine or tons of others, ., same reason as why all players are not 100% time artiscaning,., each player has to find the best way to get money at their current "lvl", might be very profitable for new players but it comes to a point u can be more effective and have more fun moving to another thing.

You don't have titan on beta islands.
You don't have epriton on alpha islands.

While titan was nerfed just a bit ago, epriton was always a thing  you should get from beta.
If some of you people are saying that a big/a substantial amount of your epriton is coming from alpha farming, that means the original idea is not being fulfilled. You don't have to fight for epriton, you can just farm it.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

33 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-07-27 10:29:26)

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

There should be the constant need for interaction between the islands in one form or another, otherwise things will just stagnate.

As a method of balance, perhaps change "High Quality Recycling" to raise the percentage across the board.

The interaction just can't work.
While Alpha player NEED Epriton from Beta, Beta player just can recycle all the Tritanium (better the allready refind materials) out of tons of T1 stuff. AND Beta player can safly place 1001 AFK-miner on Alpha lands to mine additional Tritanium (which allready happens as many Beta Player stattet, that they work with 5++ acc to found the PvP activity).
-> Alpha player need Beta player BUT beta player don't need Alpha player
So "interaction" is allready broken. With the remove of Epriton-Based-Materials from T1 the "interaction" would be totaly destroyed!

And no thx for the change of "High Quality Recycling", we allready have "Basic Recycling" which does the job as soon as you remove high end mats from T1. Just delete the extension then and refound the EP sad.

@Norrdec
So when you say "Epri should allways come from Beta" ... then this indicates "Trit should allways com from Alpha" ... which directly leads to "remove ALL Trit based Materials from T1 to T4 recycle " ... which is indeed plain stupid yarr.
Broken argument, sorry dude.

The ORE itselve is ok. Epri just on Beta, Trit just on Alpha ... but this must be independend from Recycling!

34 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-27 10:34:39)

Like I said titan was just lately taken from beta and epriton was always a beta thing. Make it so that while in beta I can't recycle stuff for titan and I don't give a damn because it would be like 0.5% of the needed titan less. I would still need to mine it on alpha or recycle it there, so that would mean a lot more hauling. Not worth it then. Not worth it now.

But having epriton from alpha dwelling and people admitting that 70% of the espitium comes from farming is broken.

I was alpha corp for long time; most of the espitium i needed came from recycling yeah, . lvl 10 and some reputation needed so no "free" at all; also the espitium i needed in that time was rlly low amounts, and i could not feed my actual needs with recycling, so imo works as intended.
But u still need loads of epriton for Aligior, and there its where balancing should rlly play inn; leave noob producers have a "independent" income of mats needed to do light bots and modules, even if its just for sustain themselves as they will have minimum impact on market.
Atm espitium sell prices are very similar to those that you would get from refining so i doubt that "easy" espitium its somewhere near to be gamebreaking.
Again, recycler career becomes a fail.

36 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-27 11:05:01)

But the noob producers won't need epriton to make noob gear. That sensor amp? No espitium to make. That demob? Nope, none needed. Want some T2? Mine epriton on beta.

2 or 3 days ago we roamed a few island for about 2-3 hours before we've found some alive on one of the islands and we don't roam everyday, on all of the island island. Just a hint there. It's not like I am telling you to ninja mine epriton, because it's pretty easy. oh wait, I do. But afk farming is better than having to compete for something.
I like PVE but you can do it just that much.

Don't want to mine yourself via the ninja method? Get some trade agreements, contracts to mine on other people beta islands. Pay guards. Start living on a beta island, I am not even talking about conquering it, just having a scout and a miner out there, doing some epi. Hint: signal detectors. 

I can see them changing the high grade recyclers or giving you the EP back. But recycling will still be used, but not because they need the epriton based commodities, but because that this thing is not needed and we could use those other mats.

Syndic wrote:

Make a deal with a corp that can provide you with epriton and provide them with titan ore instead? Negotiate mining rights on Beta?

Harharhar ... and harharhar!
Very funny indeed. The last guy looking for such a deal with you got answered "no Epri for you ... but ("worthless") NIC. And some very seeeecret Epri mining spots where nobody will find you."

It was yesterday.

Error wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Make a deal with a corp that can provide you with epriton and provide them with titan ore instead? Negotiate mining rights on Beta?

Harharhar ... and harharhar!
Very funny indeed. The last guy looking for such a deal with you got answered "no Epri for you ... but ("worthless") NIC. And some very seeeecret Epri mining spots where nobody will find you."

It was yesterday.

If NIC is worthless to me, that doesn't mean its worthless to him. As for the epriton, why give the man a fish when you can teach him how to fish? wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Why is everyone pointing at us, when they should point at other people as for nic-involved trades? big_smile WE just give our 2c or 2$ depending on the post as why there is nothing wrong with this change. Please, have a different opinion (this is "general discussion" after all), just don't base the answers only looking at our corp tags.

also
trolololol

Epriton will still be needed like its is now., ,. where issue?
-This its different thing, HG recyling was a viable path for a small copr to feed their espitium needs, mainlly to "produce" some tiered modules so they dont have to relly entirelly on market and to be able to produce light EW, since espitium was introduced long time ago in their req.; now you want to narrow the possibilities to ninja or bow simplly to have basic espitium needs covered, give to those who choose more time before they jump to beta.
-Ppl defending this kind of changes are a nice view of who will beneffit the most; ppl that not only dont have the need of nic, nor mats nor anything more, seems only thing left for them its just make newcomers harder to catch them. I cant agree.
-Myself i have done all , HG recylce, buy permits to mine, ninja. And i feelt back in the time that HGR gave me a alternative route that would help me to deal with the excesive EPI prices that Beta coprs play with, it would not make me selfsufficient by any chance althou ofc.
-What for? so newcomers can produce T1 items that are alrrdy feeded by pve?, like should be as you cant make t1 prototypes and are much expensive to craft than t2; alternative could be removing the espitium form those who are not dropped by npc´s mayb., like shields and so (wich are actually a good product for new industrials now).
TBH i dont see how this would help new industrialist, if that its the real purpose of these changes.

41 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-27 12:04:58)

What's the price for a std sensor amp? 300k? Is that needed for everything? Yep. With the change the amp could be at least half of cost to produce (even if they add in more of the std mats in there). A noob indu can make more of  them, he can sell them to more noobs combats, more noob but fitted combats more farming, more kernels, more time to do other things (pvp, artifact hunting).

If they want to be competitive on the PVP arena you will need epriton -> epriton minig ops, making people have to work sit a combat or 2 on the ninja miners.

People won't see that as an option, but as a needed thing to do. Just like someone said comparing the game to eve - he would sit in highsec most of the time, but used the 0.0 for things they do in that game.

42 (edited by Nat4raya 2011-07-27 12:41:28)

I bet my boat no beta corp sells T1 sensorp amp on maket.
If u make it even cheaper to produce; those that actually are trying to get some cash selling unlooted T1 modules, may very well stop doing it. And no only that; HGR gave a posibility to craft t2 and t3 modules; now only "beta=i-never-hit-public-market" will be able to do them. Can u hurt more the market?

edit to note again that HGR does not give acces to aligior, the real "key" comodity that gives acces to any robot that stands on their feets, so dont fear the alpha recyclers.

Nat4raya wrote:

I bet my boat no beta corp sells T1 sensorp amp on maket.
If u make it even cheaper to produce; those that actually are trying to get some cash selling unlooted T1 modules, may very well stop doing it. And no only that; HGR gave a posibility to craft t2 and t3 modules; now only "beta=i-never-hit-public-market" will be able to do them. Can u hurt more the market?

So you are telling me, people won't produce sensor amp now, because they don't have epriton in them? I can see a noob indu making sensor amp - everyone needs them.

Jack Jombardo wrote:

The ORE itselve is ok. Epri just on Beta, Trit just on Alpha ... but this must be independend from Recycling!

Recycling lower level stuff to make higher level stuff is a loop-hole, plain and simple. I'm glad it is being fixed and I'm an "Alpha noob".

45 (edited by Infinity Nova 2011-07-27 14:04:22)

T1 Mods using epriton = OMG whaaaa why this no fair, alpha prod cannot make good T1, CIR blob my dog
T1 Mods not using epriton = OMG whaaa why this no fair, alpha prod cannot get easy espititum, CIR blob my dog

Srsly wtf guys...

We get plenty of epi ninjaing. Also, Kent and Dom are the only really zombie islands, but if you get used to the tz of the various corps you figure out when is clear and when ain't.

Or in my case, when an island is dull and when it ain't.

We consume a prodigious number of mods and bots every week what with the high frequency of roams. Usually drops can't keep up. So the change benefits us. Not sure what the rest of you are complaining about. Not like you're actually producing any useful volume with your recycled epi.

I don't really get the aversion to beta. An insured t1 fit argano costs peanuts. Go out and get some yourself.

Infinity Nova wrote:

T1 Mods using epriton = OMG whaaaa why this no fair, alpha prod cannot make good T1, CIR blob my dog
T1 Mods not using epriton = OMG whaaa why this no fair, alpha prod cannot get easy espititum, CIR blob my dog

Srsly wtf guys...

This is pretty much true here Infinity Nova. Seems that some in CiR have the mindset that no one should ever be able to do anything on Alpha. What's next? Push to have noralgis removed from alpha and be beta only? Norrdec and Syndic claim they want to promote more fighting, but think about it. The people that want to be on beta are there already, in one form or another. There's alot of people who play this game who do not want to go to beta, and do not want to pvp. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Just because they don't want to play the way you do doesn't mean that they're wrong, or you're wrong for wanting to play your way.

Alpha people aren't asking for anything to be made EASIER here. This is a mechanice already in place. Being able to get 70% of my ESPITIUM (not epriton, not alligior, not briochit) needs from recycling is NOT broken.

So what if a dedicated alpha corp gets together to farm for recycling needs? You do it on beta and benefit from it just as much if not more so then an alpha dweller would. Mining for regular ores is still WAY more efficient, even if they're all in arganos and a couple termis. What about their option to farm in this manner for the mats they get? Just because it's not your way, doesn't mean it's broken!

Essinatlly this has boiled down to Alpha vs. Beta, with the people on beta getting bored of lack of fighting, upset that people on alpha can make things in saftey and then use it to come out and pewpew them (hello 62nd), which is a contradiction to what they're saying.

This direction of forcing people to beta is not healthy, and should be balanced. Everyone brings up the other mmo for comparison all the time, and while i hate to do it, I feel i should point out that this is one thing they got right, and just maybe that's part of the reason they're successful.

48 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-27 15:03:04)

So we should make everyone stay on alpha and only show up on intrusions or pvp roams (what to roam then huh?).

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

Recycling lower level stuff to make higher level stuff is a loop-hole, plain and simple. I'm glad it is being fixed and I'm an "Alpha noob".

AeonThePiglet wrote:

We get plenty of epi ninjaing. Also, Kent and Dom are the only really zombie islands, but if you get used to the tz of the various corps you figure out when is clear and when ain't.

Or in my case, when an island is dull and when it ain't.

We consume a prodigious number of mods and bots every week what with the high frequency of roams. Usually drops can't keep up. So the change benefits us. Not sure what the rest of you are complaining about. Not like you're actually producing any useful volume with your recycled epi.

I don't really get the aversion to beta. An insured t1 fit argano costs peanuts. Go out and get some yourself.

The new guys aren't used to being able to safely do everything on alpha and see the change as something beneficial. The idea behind epriton was to be able only get it in great amount from beta and here we have smokey with 70% of it from recycling alpha farmed mobs. R I MAD? Not really, the new change will make you have to appear on beta more. Or someone else who will get paid for doing that. The old alpha dwellers are very fixed on how they want things and nothing to change.

"So what if a dedicated alpha corp gets together to farm for recycling needs?" Nothing, but why not sit on beta for an hour?

"Just because it's not your way, doesn't mean it's broken!" Looks like it's not only my way, but also the way dev's want it, and the NeX guys (or at least part of them) want it and possibly other people who can't fit a sensor amp because it costs 300k.

If the NeX guys don't agree with anything I said or the way I quoted them: please go ahead and say so.

So you didn't even do it in a group?!

wrong ,. some ppl wont join beta, no the game they like, they will just give you moar money buying raw epi or leave game as slowlly bends towards the moar bload preys. No aversion to beta, simplly some ppl like to do other things (also good for the server), and giving them the chance to craft something besides T1 also good for economy.
we need all kind of players; its you the pvp´ers that safelly alpha mine and jump to beta in your leet roams; why force rest of players to change their playstile or clear the paths you followed so noone can follow you?

Im not alpha dweler btw, and i like changes if positive for the game. Here i just see, as Smokey its pointing, a unecesary attempt to force ppl even more to go to beta, unnecessary fully.