Topic: Contact has left the channel

when you private convo someone, it never notifies you if the other guy leaves the channel, instead opening a new chatwindow on his client if you type a new message. in order to mininmize possible annoyances, please put in a message that pops up when the other guy leaves that reads:

Contact has left the channel.

/witty sig

Re: Contact has left the channel

"[NAME] has closed this chat window."

However this doesn't stop you sending a new message to open a new window. You never leave private conversations.

3 (edited by Tazca 2011-07-24 20:02:55)

Have you tried enabling "Show join/leave messages in chat" checkbox in options->gameplay? Side effect of this is of course that the public channels will clutter with join/leave messages. I presume the join/leave messages are shown in private chats as well; didn't get a chance to try it out myself.

Tazca wrote:

Have you tried enabling "Show join/leave messages in chat" checkbox in options->gameplay? Side effect of this is of course that the public channels will clutter with join/leave messages. I presume the join/leave messages are shown in private chats as well; didn't get a chance to try it out myself.

This should be a per-channel setting, default on for convos, default off for published channels.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman