1 (edited by Lana Torrin 2011-07-20 03:13:30)

Topic: Welcome your new robot overlords

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this but I feel there needs to be some discussion on this part of the devblog located here http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … ig-revamp/.

The Nians are becoming more clever and flexible - if you partially destroy a spawn group, it will keep coming at you. If you totally destroy a spawn group, the Nians will deploy a different kind of spawn the next time to keep you guessing. There’s also the chance that the spawn group may be an "elite" spawn - special forces carrying higher quality gear, or items that will lead to higher ranked Elite Spawns.

That's really nice and all (no seriously its a good idea) but can we have with this a small reduction in the starting difficulty of the spawns then? I have been playing less than a month and I can easily take zero level and first level spawns as they currently are, and when I kit properly I can also take 2nd level spawns if I am careful. Obviously the rewards for 2nd level spawns are well worth the added risk (for me) but with the added risk of it spawning something I cant take then it'll be back to level 1's for me.

It would be nice if there were more smaller 2 and 3 bot spawns as it would allow people to try out the higher tier spawns with the possibility of making it out alive when they screw up, and it would also mean if they spawned an upgraded group it would still be possibly to run away.

Pretty much this boils down to the rather large escalation in difficulty between NPC tiers or even type within that tier (*cough*ewar spawns*cough*). It would be nice IMO to have a smaller step up without effecting the difficulty of the higher end stuff (so pretty much you would have to add more steps, the higher end NPCs killing solo mechs is awesome!).

2 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-20 12:48:44)

Re: Welcome your new robot overlords

From what I understood, they will spawn better mobs if you clear the spawn (no mobs alive for x time) and not when you are shooting at them for ages, so you shouldn't worry.

Still, we have to wait and see how they implement it smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: Welcome your new robot overlords

There is also the current outstanding changes to the balance of ewar in spawns that should hopefully make some big changes to the viability of most spawn sites for hunting.