Topic: Missions multipliers

Hi, I know a revamp of the missions is comming soon, but would it be possible to keep the current missions too, with a little twist?

I am talking about a multiplier on the mission.

Didn't you ever avoid a mission, because killing 3 light bots for 20k on the other side of the continent is just worthless compared to the travel time ?

I would change that when you decide to take on the mission, you have the choice to decide on a multiplier, like x10.
So you would have to fill the objective 10 times more (IE kill 30 bots) for 10 times the reward and standing.

You could then decide how long do you really want to stay on that spot, by customising the mission to your need.

It works mainly for mining or combat missions.
Transport an scanning are different and too easily exploitable with such mechanic. (Plus we don't need to improve the transport missions.)

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Re: Missions multipliers

Maybe, but it would take some tweaking. Part of the reward is based on the travel time, and by excepting x10 mission, your saving a lot of travel.

That and you get the issue of having 4 or 5 players that choose 10x on the same spawn. Now you're all there competing for the spawns for a much longer time, instead of just competing with the kernel farmer.

The second one could be avoided by making this an option on level 2 and above.

The first is harder to counter, because it's what your suggesting, the math works out to be a huge increase in NIC/hour at the suggested x10. Just being able to complete multiples of the same assignement without the travel time would be huge without any multiplier.

Indeed, some tweaking would be required to take the travel time into account.

However, if 2 people take the same missions, it should be fine. Unless you meet a kernel farmer in a heavy mech owning the whole spot. There is always enought mobs for at least 2, and you can alway cancel the mission and take another one. There is no fee for cancelling it.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

You lose rep for cancelling missions, which may or may not become important to combat, but assuming they like doing missions, they are going to want to do the higher level ones which would require an appropriate level of rep. Gain x10, lose x10.