Re: Ewar Love

big_smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I miss you Ewar!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Khader pulls out soap box

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

54 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-07 17:09:47)

How I think killmails should look.

All stats are generated at the time of the killing blow:

Victim:    Billy Bob The Goat
Corp:    Herp Derpers
Robot:     Arkhe (Standard Service)
Zone:     Alsbale
Date:     June 7th, 2012 05:45:12
Total Damage Taken:    3116.67 (Needs to include damage to shield)

Involved Parties:
-DPS-
Agent:    Bwar
Corp:    Crimson Imperium Reborn
Robot:    Gropho
Damage:    999999999

-EWAR-
Agent:    Sundial
Robot:    Ictus
Damage:    0.0
Times Demobbed: 20
Times Suppressed: 40
Times Jammed: 20
Ammount Neutralized: 8000

-SUPPORT-
Agent:    GODMODEREPS
Robot:    Symbiont MK2
Repaired: 78,094
Energy Transfered: 45,789
Sensor Amp: 345

Sundial wrote:

How I think killmails should look.

All stats are generated at the time of the killing blow:

Victim:    Billy Bob The Goat
Corp:    Herp Derpers
Robot:     Arkhe (Standard Service)
Zone:     Alsbale
Date:     June 7th, 2012 05:45:12
Total Damage Taken:    3116.67 (Needs to include damage to shield)

Involved Parties:
-DPS-
Agent:    Bwar
Robot:    Gropho
Damage:    999999999

-EWAR-
Agent:    Sundial
Robot:    Ictus
Damage:    0.0
Times Demobbed: 20
Times Suppressed: 40
Times Jammed: 20
Ammount Neutralized: 8000

-SUPPORT-
Agent:    GODMODEREPS
Robot:    Symbiont MK2
Repaired: 78,094
Energy Transfered: 45,789
Sensor Amp: 345

That would be nice but I assume there are design limitations or they would already have done this.  It seems like it would be very straight forward on the surface; but I'm not a programmer.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Killmails (and perp-kill) should be removed completely. Would give people more initiative to actually think what and why they are doing and not just hunt for +1-s to their epeen.

Burial wrote:

Killmails (and perp-kill) should be removed completely. Would give people more initiative to actually think what and why they are doing and not just hunt for +1-s to their epeen.

WOAH WAOH, then why would i log in? yarr

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Burial wrote:

Killmails are a sense of progression / long term goal they never reach for alot of players.

Its also cool to look through them and talk about battles from the past.

Please leave the PvP features to PvPers and we wont mess with your PvE.

I hate playing my vagabond.

No need for killmails, I'm happy enough when I see a bunch of enemies breaking the line to try to shoot me big_smile

61 (edited by Stradivar 2012-06-11 14:36:38)

I support this thread. Credit where it is due.

For instance, yesterday evening at the foot of glorious Danarchov outpost, a small but heroic fraction of the union's conventionally armed mechs obliterated a large number of enemy invaders. The foolish aggressors could not approach our shining battlements and this was due to the patience, coordination and skill shown by our crafty E-War fleet. At upwards of 1100m the leaders of the enemy forces were rightly removed from the battle, leaving them and their deluded minions with just one option...

Their tails were turned towards glorious Danarchov outpost and they then fled to capitalist 'safety' in a disorganised rabble with the brave victors clawing at their heels like angry Siberian tigers!

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Or you could fit a t2 small laser for ultimate ewar justice.

^

Missing more kills rocks! fuuu

65 (edited by Sundial 2012-07-26 16:42:19)

I have a dream that one day this planet will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all robots are created equal."
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Daoden, the sons of former Ewar and the sons of former Ewar pilots will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the island of Hokkagaros, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little robot children will one day live on a planet where they will not be judged by the ewar of their robot but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!

- William Berger King Jr.

66 (edited by Doek 2012-07-27 02:34:45)

It's not that hard to derive most information from CombatLogs (sitting in all Perpetuum client's folders):

http://i.imgur.com/wRLva.png (yes, that blissful day yielded plenty of data).

The problem is authenticity. Within corporations and their own killboards it shouldn't be a problem; have people upload their CombatLogs folder (zipped, that's how it works now) using a password to provide additional info on support. However, on general killboards, at least a double upload (from victim and the agents doing support) and some way to authenticate the upload (proving your agent's identity) would be the minimum to combat fraud. Right now, there's only in-game mail to ensure some basic form of authentication, which means effort from everyone involved. I doubt it's worth it, what do you think?

combat log does not contain all data... like supressor and demob are not mentioned there,

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

And people who died typically won't upload deaths.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

That's fine, the killers do.

Sundial wrote:

I have a dream that one day this planet will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all robots are created equal."
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Daoden, the sons of former Ewar and the sons of former Ewar pilots will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the island of Hokkagaros, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little robot children will one day live on a planet where they will not be judged by the ewar of their robot but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!

- William Berger King Jr.

Khader Hacks up a loogie and spits it on the forums floor

Wonder if it will take them longer to clean that up or get e-war on kill mails...... So sad when its 9 vs 2 on kill boards and the 2 won..... Unsung heros of the battle D-mob ECM Supress Drain Neut I could careless what a logi bot does in battle but getting those 5 things on kill mails would make this 3 page nagging thread go away and most of us in here would be happy!!!!

Checks if new loogie should be applied to floor
see's old loogie and walks back out
Put's T4 Auto cannon back on E-war bots

I know other things are on the fore front of the Dev's plate but is this anywhere in sight or should I really just give up on thinking it will happen. I think this is my I win button! once I get this feature installed in the the game I win. All my stuff goes to Kanogi before anyone asks.

yarr

I talked with Dev CRM about this a while back and he said that you guys want to do it properly when you have time (Much more detail in the mails)

However I have to plead to you Devs, focus your energies on what you are currently focusing on and make ewar do 0.00 damage on killmails when you have time. No need to do anything fancy, just gives pilots credit where credit is due.

And after...Let the killmail whoring

Begin!

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13