Topic: My ear, it's bleeding!

I just moved up from a Prometheus to a Baphomet and.... OMFG, ouch!
The movement sound is a cardiac monitor attached to a corpse - just one long, ear piercing drone.  I can't imagine how that was some sort of intentional design.

Now it's forced me to turn off all movement sounds, so I can't hear the trudge of a nearby mech or the grind of a passing sequor.  Please, please fix the corpse tone of the Baphomet...

Or someone, please identify that sound in the resource files so I can rename a silent audio file and insert it to replace the corpse tone.

Re: My ear, it's bleeding!

BugSplat wrote:

I just moved up from a Prometheus to a Baphomet and.... OMFG, ouch!
The movement sound is a cardiac monitor attached to a corpse - just one long, ear piercing drone.  I can't imagine how that was some sort of intentional design.

Now it's forced me to turn off all movement sounds, so I can't hear the trudge of a nearby mech or the grind of a passing sequor.  Please, please fix the corpse tone of the Baphomet...

Or someone, please identify that sound in the resource files so I can rename a silent audio file and insert it to replace the corpse tone.

Eh?  Which Bapho sound?  Walking?  I didn't notice anything wonky. O.o  It just sounds like a low-pitched rumble to me of it's little feet pattering...

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I must admit I don't like the robot sound of my Castel (that's as far as I've gotten so far).  It has an annoying ultra high frequency dog-whistley whine.  I don't mind the sort of futzed electronic nature of the sound in general, but the ultra high frequency component of the sound really needs to be toned down a lot with EQ (around 10-12khz-ish?), or eliminated altogether. 

And I would like to hear some pitter-patter for the Castel too.  There was a nice bit of quiet pitter-patter on the Arkhe, but the Castel just has the electronic whine only, so far as I can hear.  I'll be disappointed if the Waspish has the same ultra-high-frequency whine, and also lack pitter-patter too.

Minor points, but I should think it wouldn't be too much trouble for the sound people to just quickly review and remake the files, they're probably all set up on sequencers with mixed audio and softsynth components anyway smile

All the sound in the game is messed up.

Drive a lithus its a Diesel 18 wheeler sound with a nice low grumble... And all the TMA undocked sounds make me nervous as they sound like a picket being driven by a picket pounder in the early morning fog of a frozen winter day.... Sorry flash backs to being a combat engineer in the army. Had to turn them off.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

You have sound on in this game?