Topic: Your game is broken...

If you can make 2-3 million Nic an hour just running around in circles doing logistic missions in Alpha, what point is there to go to Beta?

This game lacks risk versus reward.

80% of the money thats being made in alpha needs to be put out into beta.

You shouldn't be able to make your fortunes sitting safely in alpha. That kind of crap ruined EvE.

Re: Your game is broken...

Salient wrote:

If you can make 2-3 million Nic an hour just running around in circles doing logistic missions in Alpha, what point is there to go to Beta?

This game lacks risk versus reward.

80% of the money thats being made in alpha needs to be put out into beta.

You shouldn't be able to make your fortunes sitting safely in alpha. That kind of crap ruined EvE.

You lowsec *** never get it, do you? It's not for you to decide how other ppl should use their money, or play the game they pay for.

Stupid emobear, what ruined EVE was/is that lame implementation of daddy's creditcard. You really shouldn't be here.

And the non-sequitur post of the day goes to....

->You just lost The Game<-

It might be a problem if NIC actually mattered. Even then I don't see the problem - the more money you can make the more stuff you can buy the more you can get blown up. Not everything has to be super hard, you know? There is no skill in having to grind 10h as opposed to 5...

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Interestingly, with the current market being what it is, a lot of the nic you spend when buying stuff goes the the corp mostly likely to pop what you brought in beta.

Sabre906 wrote:

Interestingly, with the current market being what it is, a lot of the nic you spend when buying stuff goes the the corp mostly likely to pop what you brought in beta.

Another beautifully and intelligently written post.  Bravo!

->You just lost The Game<-

7 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-07-06 08:34:42)

It is always funny when people think 2m/h on alpha is insane. Now, do you know how much someone can earn per hour epriton mining or farming t4 spawns?

I can tell you it's a fair bit more...

However, the misisons rewards on alpha should of course me more similar. But, there is a revamp of missions in like 4 weeks, so let's wait and see on that.

You can also make more than this running missions on Beta, so thats all good.
Just the ammo you get from beta is far more valuable.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

It is always funny when people think 2m/h on alpha is insane. Now, do you know how much someone can earn per hour epriton mining or farming t4 spawns?
I can tell you it's a fair bit more...

QFT

Go mine a few sequers of Titan/Stermonit/HDT then make a few assault bots sell said bots on market... Then judge risk vs reward if you could get the Epitron needed to make Mech / Heavy Mech and tell me how much more you would make with just a day of mineing the right mats. If your really obsessed with driving in circles making your 2 mil, I would suggest start running beta hauler missions for the fun of it... you'll realize Nic is nothing after you replace your 3-4th bot/mech. If your really that impressed with NPH ask Arga how much raw mats his riveler MK2 pulls in one hour... LOL I've heard it makes a black hole and all the plants start leaning towards his Mech.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

10 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-06 15:38:02)

I have great respect for the 10% of every one of those mission rewards that gets dropped into my corporation's wallet.

Thank you.

wink

(non-sarcasm - only missions are corp-taxed.  The nic has to come from somewhere.)

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Considering with my shoddy skillset, I can easily pull a sequer load of epriton in under an hour using a termis... I can't imagine how much (equivalent) money those damned CIR mining raids make.

Guns nButter wrote:

Considering with my shoddy skillset, I can easily pull a sequer load of epriton in under an hour using a termis... I can't imagine how much (equivalent) money those damned CIR mining raids make.

what do they need money for? i guess they only sell a fraction of the epriton on market to feed their NIC demand. They need the epriton for production of own corp equipment.

with usining a lvl2 refinery you need about 1 lithus full of epriton for a single heavy mech...
CIR would be stupid to refine epriton on tellesis, but the t4 equip that goes into one heavy mech is probably another lithus full with epriton.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Its not about the amount of Nic, its about the fact no one currently NEEDS to go to beta... for anything.

There is NO risk vs reward in this game, just gotta drive around in circles... buy everything thats currently in the game... then what... call it good?

This would be much more interesting if there was more of a need to go Beta. you shouldnt be able to find every ore type in alpha... you shouldn't be able to make infinite nic driving around in circles...

Salient wrote:

Its not about the amount of Nic, its about the fact no one currently NEEDS to go to beta... for anything.

There is NO risk vs reward in this game, just gotta drive around in circles... buy everything thats currently in the game... then what... call it good?

This would be much more interesting if there was more of a need to go Beta. you shouldnt be able to find every ore type in alpha... you shouldn't be able to make infinite nic driving around in circles...

Epriton is only found on Beta. Noralgis grows much better there. Learn the game then try again please. roll

15 (edited by Alexander 2011-07-06 20:13:26)

Salient wrote:

While the current beta corps are doing damage to the community by destroying rival corporations they are also providing a reason to go to beta. You can't mount a successful attach purely from alpha islands. 2 million NIC an hour is pennies to these larger corporations and Epriton (As well as all other minerals apart from Titan Ore) can be gotten in very large quantities on beta islands.

They're certainly not worthless but they are also not accessible for new players. Buying one mech that can be lost in seconds after entering PVP is certainly easier to replace with a beta foothold. What needs to happen is give beta footholds more of a reason to be there rather than just owning an outpost. Living somewhere currently doesn't have a great bonus but owning the outpost does. Sadly owning the outpost is a beacon of "COME AND GET ME!".

Dramatic titles and uninformed information does not makes a game broken. Beta is risky but hugely profitable if you want to take that risk. You can happily farm all day on an alpha island for your scraps if that makes you happy and many corporations can live on alpha island resources but they will not be able to go toe to toe with a corporation living on a beta island. Beta 2 islands are very very profitable with more level 3 facilities but they doesn't mean beta 1s are bad.

No corporation should attempt moving to a beta island until they have enough resources to replace any and all lost robots once on beta. Loses will be taken and lessons will be learnt. What I would like to see at the moment are mechanics that protect players willing to risk their time and money getting to a beta. Having a 20 many gang with superior equipment and game knowledge come and knock you over is not fun. Alpha 2 islands are great places to live and have a small amount of risk involved which is perfect. However having the enemy able to stand under your owned and controlled outpost on beta is not a nice feeling.

This is however all in the works as stated by the Dev Blog. Stop Q.Q'ing that you can live on Alpha island risk free because that's like saying you could flip burgers all day because it's not hard work but it won't buy you a summer home.

Salient wrote:

You need to go to beta to mine Epi, you need to go to beta to kill NPCs for highest level Kernels.  I like to go to beta for the risk and extra fun out there.

17 (edited by Syndic 2011-07-06 20:26:34)

Annihilator wrote:
Guns nButter wrote:

what do they need money for? i guess they only sell a fraction of the epriton on market to feed their NIC demand. They need the epriton for production of own corp equipment.

with usining a lvl2 refinery you need about 1 lithus full of epriton for a single heavy mech...
CIR would be stupid to refine epriton on tellesis, but the t4 equip that goes into one heavy mech is probably another lithus full with epriton.

We sell no epriton, and we certainly don't refine it on Tellesis. That would be idiotic of us in both cases. smile

We generally pull in ~70-90 mil epriton a week. Its more or less sufficient to fuel our production.

Alexander wrote:

While the current beta corps are doing damage to the community by destroying rival corporations they are also providing a reason to go to beta.

Bad propaganda is bad propaganda. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I've come up with new name for this broken, terribad game:

Logistical RoboTruck Driver Sim

or better yet

Mecha Cart 64

Salient wrote:

I've come up with new name for this broken, terribad game:

Logistical RoboTruck Driver Sim

or better yet

Mecha Cart 64

If game is so terribad why are you still here? Are you 12 and think that this kind of trolling is actually entertaining to anyone? All you're doing is showing everyone that you can't be taken seriously. If that's your goal - great job.

Trust me, me and a lot of other people wont be around to fund mecha cart anymore in about 30 more days. Unless you can get me a refund, then ill go right now.

Fact is, this game IS broken. Whats the point of beta? There isnt one, not when you can just run around risk free, making easy, free nic in alpha. The market is fubar, why? noobs dont bother mining, or ratting, they just sit around driving in circles...

Eventually they will all realize there was no point, lose interest, and play the next wannabe eve game.

Sadly this could have been a great game, if there was actually some sort of struggle involved to succeeding.

The fact that the devs of this game cant understand this, or just dont care, puts them right up there with ccp imo. As such, this game is doomed to be crap.

21 (edited by Alexander 2011-07-07 05:21:25)

Salient wrote:

Trust me, me and a lot of other people wont be around to fund mecha cart anymore in about 30 more days. Unless you can get me a refund, then ill go right now.

Fact is, this game IS broken. Whats the point of beta? There isnt one, not when you can just run around risk free, making easy, free nic in alpha. The market is fubar, why? noobs dont bother mining, or ratting, they just sit around driving in circles...

Eventually they will all realize there was no point, lose interest, and play the next wannabe eve game.

Sadly this could have been a great game, if there was actually some sort of struggle involved to succeeding.

The fact that the devs of this game cant understand this, or just dont care, puts them right up there with ccp imo. As such, this game is doomed to be crap.

Good riddance. I really wasn't enjoying the smell of Onions.
Newbies are mining. Older players are mining. People are PvPing but you don't hear about it. People are forming alliances and doing more than just transports. Take any profession and you can see that transports are profitable to new players but it's very quickly leveled out once you get enough EP to pilot a good NPCing robot.

Why is it we don't see 100's of older players running around all day in haulers? Because NIC doesn't get you anywhere and even if it did I'd much rather mine and NPC than haul.

2 million an hour is GREAT for new players but it isn't destroying the game. As for beta not being profitable that's mainly due to mechanics and player opinion than anything else. You can have near complete safety on a beta island with the right balance if players online. Beta is far more profitable if you're not losing 100's of million a week on losses which is entirely possible. But this game is not to be played alone. It's 6 months old, already had its first expansion and every patches stirs things up in just the right way!

I've no idea what crawled into your brain and died but if all you can do is cry about newbies earning more money because of YOUR stupidity then GET THE [Redacted] OUT! You're stinking up the place..

I'd be happy to sit down and talk to you about all this in person if you'd like but I feel that the moment you doubt yourself on this matter your arms might drop off! Then you'd really be 'armless!

Terrible joke for a terrible attempt at making everyone else believe your opinions. Let's all try and get something changed by shouting about it rather than suggesting changes that would improve things. Here's mine.. BAN SALIENT, HE MAKES ME ANGRY FACE. RAWR AND STUFF!

22 (edited by Predator Nova 2011-07-07 05:24:57)

Salient wrote:

I guess you failed to read the 3 or so replies where people said that Epriton, decent noralgis growth, and the best kernels can ONLY be found on beta. That's the point of it and it's exactely what eve offered before they added POS and constructable outposts. Of course the biggest enticement is PVP and all the drama that comes with it. THAT'S why people play this game, not to amass nic on alpha they can't spend on anything. There IS great struggle involved in succeeding but yeah you won't find any of that driving circles on alpha. Go figure.

The point you argue with such ferocity is nonexistent. You're just plain wrong and your persistence in continuing to argue it at least is admirable. But at the end of the day you're just a rebel without a cause hmm

You have a tiny point - the market is fubar. But until recently we had like 300 online at the same time so there is simply not enough people to make it work (yet). And where are all these "other people" that will quit with you? I don't see them in this thread...

Edit: Alex beat me to it  big_smile

Predator Nova. Thank you for covering the points I failed to cover. I just read his post and nerdraged at it. I don't even mind propaganda here in perpetuum but when someone joins the game and their first 5 posts on the forums is "This game is terriable" followed by "I am leaving because no one listens to me" and also the immortal "Trust me, EVERYONE feels this way" line I just lose myself a little. If 5 other people (Not in the same corporation) maturely brought this to light and could counter the counter arguments I'd have great respect for them.

If anyone does have problems with the system now they'll feel ashamed to post because of this [Redacted]! If you're reading this don't be afraid to post your ideas no matter how stupid or silly they could be. As long as you're mature about it and are open for discussion go right ahead!

This guy is just a [Redacted] piece of [Redacted] that [Redacted] all day long! If only his [Redacted] was [Redacted].

Alexander wrote:

Predator Nova. Thank you for covering the points I failed to cover. I just read his post and nerdraged at it. I don't even mind propaganda here in perpetuum but when someone joins the game and their first 5 posts on the forums is "This game is terriable" followed by "I am leaving because no one listens to me" and also the immortal "Trust me, EVERYONE feels this way" line I just lose myself a little. If 5 other people (Not in the same corporation) maturely brought this to light and could counter the counter arguments I'd have great respect for them.

If anyone does have problems with the system now they'll feel ashamed to post because of this [Redacted]! If you're reading this don't be afraid to post your ideas no matter how stupid or silly they could be. As long as you're mature about it and are open for discussion go right ahead!

This guy is just a [Redacted] piece of [Redacted] that [Redacted] all day long! If only his [Redacted] was [Redacted].

Well dang I guess we actually can agree on some things tongue And it's ok I raged at him too, he kinda brings it out in people. We might be on other sides of the fence but I think we both want this game to be around for a long time. Otherwise on which forums would we smacktalk each other? ^^

Predator Nova wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Well dang I guess we actually can agree on some things tongue And it's ok I raged at him too, he kinda brings it out in people. We might be on other sides of the fence but I think we both want this game to be around for a long time. Otherwise on which forums would we smacktalk each other? ^^

You mean to say "STFU, PEWPEW TIME" right?
Let's not go soft on each other. Defend the game, the devs and then get back to trolling. I am glad we don't all take these forums too seriously.